LEGO San Diego Comic Con 2013: Marvel and DC Minifigures Giveaway

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO San Diego Comic Con 2013: Marvel and DC Minifigures Giveaway

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Jul 18, 2013 9:33 am

The 2013 San Diego Comic Con (SDCC) is now underway and this year's LEGO exclusive minifigures giveaway has been revealed! Thanks to FBTB for the news.

Black Suit Superman & Green Arrow Minifigures

The Amazing Spider-Man and Spider-Woman Minifigures

SDCC 2013 LEGO Giveaway Details

Basically, you pick up your ticket at the booth once you scan your ticket. At 3:30pm, you can check LEGORaffle.com to see if you won a minifigure.

Thursday: Spider-Woman (350 available)
Friday: Amazing Spider-Man (350 Available)
Saturday: Black Suit Superman (200 Available)
Sunday: Green Arrow (200 Available)

What do you think of these exclusive minifigures? If you want one, but couldn't attend the 2013 SDCC (or you attended, but wasn't a raffle winner), would you still pay hundreds of dollars for them?

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-san-diego-c ... -giveaway/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Sebring72
I'm New !

Re: LEGO San Diego Comic Con 2013: Marvel and DC Minifigures

Post by Sebring72 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:54 pm

I was thinking that every assistant will receive a souvenir with all 4 minifigures! But this is just ridiculous. I was even planning to attend the Comic-Con next year but this is definitely not an incentive!

echobanzai
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by echobanzai » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:13 pm

200?

lego are fools. they could release these for 5 bucks each, and sell 3000 of each character easy.

im assuming because they are free, lego is keeping the numbers low.

but only 200 produced? my god, green arrow could be worth 300-500 bucks in a few years.

h-7
Citizen
Citizen

Post by h-7 » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:41 pm

are those lower quantities then the 4 had last year?

Doubledbrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Doubledbrick » Thu Jul 18, 2013 2:51 pm

Last year was a 1000 per character

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:57 pm

They'll release these in the future no doubt. They are just gauging interest for larger production runs.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Thu Jul 18, 2013 11:20 pm

Not worth the crazy prices! They will eventually show up in future sets in some form or the other

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:11 am

I have a lot of doubt that they'll release these in the future. Let's take a look at the list of minifigures marked as 'exclusive' at Brickset, shall we?

While the Superman figure from the 2011 New York Comic Con ended up being the same as that released in "Power Armor Lex Luthor", that year's version of Batman and Green Lantern have yet to see the light of day. Of the four figures from last year's SDCC, none have seen a wide release other than the Black Suit Spider-man torso being reused for the Venom minifigure. While that makes the black and white version of the Spider-man mask the only truly unique piece of that entire figure, it's still a distinction. The Iron Man and Captain America figures from that year's Toy Fair are also one-offs.

This year's offerings don't look likely to be re-offered any time soon, with a Spider-man figure "inspired by" the Amazing Spider-man movies (which are licensed to MegaBloks), and a Spider-Woman figure (a character who is not yet in any of the movies the sets are mainly based on). The Man of Steel sets have already come out and we've not seen any additional waves planned.

The only one I could see being a teaser of forthcoming sets could be Green Arrow, who appears to be loosely based on both the "New 52" and CW show "Arrow" versions (since he doesn't look too much like either one). Maybe they're looking into the possibility of "Arrow" sets, but I honestly don't know how well the show is doing to warrant merchandise.

All that said, I can't think that a print run of 350 (for the Marvel figures) or 200 (for the DC figures) is any way to go about "gauging interest". The feverish interest in these is simply the rarity, and I'd wager that there are many SDCC attendees who are not even LEGO enthusiasts who desire them simply for that fact.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Derek
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Derek » Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:39 am

I won't buy them. Definitely not worth it for one figure.

We certainly won't be seeing this Superman in another set. This is the kind of figure that event exclusives should always be. We've all had the chance to get Superman in a set. This black-suited version is just an obscure alternate.

I doubt we'll see Spider-Woman either. She is just too out there.

Green Arrow? Maybe, but I doubt it. He just isn't popular enough. I just don't think he'd be a big draw.

Spiderman? Possibly. If this version indicates that LEGO has the rights to Amazing Spiderman 2, then we will certainly see this guy in a set this summer.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:21 am

Derek wrote:Spiderman? Possibly. If this version indicates that LEGO has the rights to Amazing Spiderman 2, then we will certainly see this guy in a set this summer.
Interesting possibility (and I'm hopeful that you're right), but I'd have thought they would have announced that by now, it being SDCC and all...
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Jul 19, 2013 1:18 pm

I really like the LOTR Exclusive Azog minifigure, using the similar head piece like the minotaur CMF.

http://www.fbtb.net/2013/07/19/sdcc-azog-giveaway/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:41 pm

Really like the Green Arrow and Spider Woman, the prices on ebay hurt too much though!
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

UltimateLegend
I'm New !

Post by UltimateLegend » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:49 pm

vynsane wrote:
Derek wrote:Spiderman? Possibly. If this version indicates that LEGO has the rights to Amazing Spiderman 2, then we will certainly see this guy in a set this summer.
Interesting possibility (and I'm hopeful that you're right), but I'd have thought they would have announced that by now, it being SDCC and all...
They are right. Marvel/Disney made a deal with Sony. The deal was that Marvel/Disney gets the merchandising rights to Spider-Man, but something else about the film inclusion or something.

stevebuscemi
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by stevebuscemi » Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:56 pm

Wonder how many Azog they gave away. Has to be in another set, that is way too cool to just give away and be done. $300-1000 on eBay for that thing. Crazy.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:33 am

I hope those that go to this board check out some of the ramblings over at FBTB.net regarding the likelihood that the Lego raffle was rigged. :) it's a great read and I recommend everyone checking it out.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:25 pm

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/321168263589?ssP ... 1423.l2649" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ebay auction for an exclusive Azog minifigure ... sold for 1,650.00

Sources say that they only handed out 100 of them

http://thebrickblogger.com/2013/07/lego ... -only-100/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Above source states "I have heard rumors that a slightly different and paler version of Azog will appear in a later LEGO set, but I haven’t seen this being confirmed"

Also same source says that someone sold one buy now for $29.00