Amazon.ca selling Lego?

This is the LEGO Sales Forum for members from Canada and Europe.
hihghtrek
I'm New !

Amazon.ca selling Lego?

Post by hihghtrek » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:17 am

I saw this deal posted on Red Flag Deals:

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B004P95 ... tonbr0f-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Millennium Falcon currently priced at $145.11 (19% discount)
*Ships from and sold by Amazon.ca*

Not that great a deal, but does this indicate that we've got a new Lego retailer in Canada? I've seen 3rd party sellers on there before but not direct from Amazon.ca.

... or does Amazon.ca have the occasional set available once in awhile and I haven't noticed?

*Edit: Checking out the "customers also bought" section shows many sets at prices lower than Cdn MSRP. Filter by Seller is there too.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: Amazon.ca selling Lego?

Post by hatcher » Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:54 am

I just got an email from Amazon.ca about this. They are FINALLY selling toys. I remember cursing them 12 years ago trying to buy stuff from them for my nephews are not being able to. About time.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:06 am

Hmmm... this is definitely good news!
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

scotts
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scotts » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:30 pm

The prices are pretty good, below crappy Canadian MSRP which is awesome. I hope the selection gets to be what Amazon.com is.

cupishalfempty
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by cupishalfempty » Thu Jun 27, 2013 12:44 pm

Looks like they have about 225 lego sets in stock! This is such good news!

http://www.amazon.ca/s/?_encoding=UTF8& ... tonbr0f-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

TRUKLEDOG_13
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by TRUKLEDOG_13 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 2:16 pm

Good news indeed! we've been ripped off for so long I can't believe they're actually selling those sets. Nothing worth a bite for me yet, but I feel that amazon.ca can soon become one of my main source for LEGO

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Thu Jun 27, 2013 5:17 pm

As I mentioned in another Amazon.ca thread in this forum, I hope their packing skills improve for Lego items. They might get quite a few returns because of damage during shipment.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:26 am

I almost feel bad for TRU now (not really... but ya know...)... those poor guys (sarcasm) will see their LEGO business significantly (!) decreased - but such is the capitalism - supply and demand and a healthy competition!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:45 am

harry99 wrote:I almost feel bad for TRU now (not really... but ya know...)... those poor guys (sarcasm) will see their LEGO business significantly (!) decreased - but such is the capitalism - supply and demand and a healthy competition!
They still have a group of causal/sesonal shoppers to support them.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Fri Jun 28, 2013 4:21 am

harry99 wrote:I almost feel bad for TRU now (not really... but ya know...)... those poor guys (sarcasm) will see their LEGO business significantly (!) decreased - but such is the capitalism - supply and demand and a healthy competition!
There are still many people afraid of online shopping, and since Lego prices are inflated in Canada, TRU will continue to sell to those people. Also, where else beside TRU, besides a handful of Lego Stores, can you find such a wide variety of sets?

I can only hope that Amazon.ca will help prices drop at the others stores.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:22 am

^No question that folks will still buy from TRU - but due to the competition their sales (and profits) will have a negative impact/decrease.

I agree, some folks just don't want to wait and/or buy online.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

legome
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by legome » Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:58 pm

looks like the sale was short lived.. most are back to normal price.. managed to pick up a few, but saved me a lot of money this weekend.. added to the airmiles as well..

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Fri Jun 28, 2013 6:14 pm

legome wrote:looks like the sale was short lived.. most are back to normal price.. managed to pick up a few, but saved me a lot of money this weekend.. added to the airmiles as well..
The prices on the US Amazon fluctuate throughout the day, so I am sure that is what is happening here.

Keep us posted as to how well the package all your items up, and the condition they arrive in.

QuagsireQing
Knight
Knight

Post by QuagsireQing » Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:58 pm

crewser wrote:
legome wrote:looks like the sale was short lived.. most are back to normal price.. managed to pick up a few, but saved me a lot of money this weekend.. added to the airmiles as well..
The prices on the US Amazon fluctuate throughout the day, so I am sure that is what is happening here.
Nearly every set is now exactly $0.13 below MSRP, aka Wal-Mart prices. Looks like our celebrations were premature; all we have is yet another retailer selling at MSRP.

brickity
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickity » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:29 pm

crewser wrote:

Keep us posted as to how well the package all your items up, and the condition they arrive in.
I ordered 3 sets and they came in great condition. Funny thing is, I put in 2 separate orders (was initially on the fence for the 3rd set), but they shipped them altogether in 1 gigantic box. Anyhow, they included just enough brown paper (too much usually squishes the boxes and too little lets it rattle around) and Canada Post handled the boxes with care (the outside box was in great shape too). Overall, I'm satisfied (30% off Galaxy Squad sets and 25% off a Friends set).

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Thu Jul 04, 2013 4:30 am

I ordered one set and it came in great condition. Too bad that they move back to match walmart.ca on all of their prices so no deals, but hopefully some down the road.

crewser
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by crewser » Thu Jul 04, 2013 7:46 am

That is great news that their packing skills have improved. Sure if one is buying the set to build the the box condition is not a big deal. But some invest in Lego and others use Lego for gifts. Try explain to a child why their gift is beat up.

I will watch for future deals and and no longer be leery of Amazon's shipping skills.