[CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Post Reply
beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:34 pm

[CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by beethead » Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:35 pm

Valid June 18 - 24 in Canada only

Image

This week, ToysRUs Canada is offering 25% off ALL LEGO Racers and $5 off ALL LEGO Toy Story. The best deal would be probably the LEGO Toy Story 7595 Army Men on Patrol since you'll be getting that set at 33% off for $9.99 (reg.$14.99).

Don't forget the Father's Day Build'n Race Event June 19th, 12:00 PM - 2:00 PM!

Permalink : http://toysnbricks.com/blog/can-toysrus ... toy-story/
Last edited by Ice on Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added $5 off ALL LEGO Toy Story Deal.

beans
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Re: TRU Canada: Lego Racers 25% off June 18-24

Post by beans » Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:05 pm

I wonder if this will include the new World Racers line...

By the way, how did you get such an early update on their sales?

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:34 pm

Re: TRU Canada: Lego Racers 25% off June 18-24

Post by beethead » Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:58 pm

beans wrote:I wonder if this will include the new World Racers line...

By the way, how did you get such an early update on their sales?
By email from TRU. In the same email they mentioned the Prince of Persia sale and the Father's Day Build'N Race. Plus I get the TRU weekly flyer in my local paper on Wednesdays but the sales start on Friday.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator
Posts: 2284
Joined: Thu May 21, 2009 9:47 pm

Re: [CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by Ice » Thu Jun 17, 2010 10:25 am

Updated June 18-24 sale with $5 off ALL LEGO Toy Story.

beans
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Re: [CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by beans » Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:19 pm

I wonder how this will apply to the 4.99 Alien promos that have been popping up...I doubt I'd be able to ring them up at $0 :P

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 178
Joined: Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Canada

Re: [CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by Senator » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:24 am

beans wrote:I wonder how this will apply to the 4.99 Alien promos that have been popping up...I doubt I'd be able to ring them up at $0 :P
Ergh..I bet you it won't be $0. Thats like getting freebies! But I did find a raffle contest TRU is sponsoring. They have 4 TS3 sets with value approx $280.

http://www.toysrus.ca/shop/index.jsp?ca ... csu=309450

User avatar
hatcher
Count
Count
Posts: 1089
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:46 am
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: [CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by hatcher » Fri Jun 18, 2010 10:12 am

I just came back from the Barrie TRU, and I can tell you World Racers are not included in the Racers sale, and at least at the TRU, they aren't selling any of the Toy Story Polybags.

I was able to pick up a few more of the collectible mini-figs. The cashier was quite intrigued by my print out of the bar codes I was using to make my selections. She said they sold out of their first order of them in less than 1 day. She didn't mind me using the barcodes to make my picks either. Said that was the first she'd seen of that.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 121
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:34 pm

Re: [CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by beethead » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:52 am

hatcher wrote:I just came back from the Barrie TRU, and I can tell you World Racers are not included in the Racers sale, and at least at the TRU, they aren't selling any of the Toy Story Polybags.
Was at the TRU in Vancouver and same story. World Racers not included in the sale and the Toy Story Alien polybag regular priced at $4.99 is not part of the $5 off promotion. It caught my eye when I was paying the cashier and she scanned it in as $4.99. Too bad. :(

Worth trying but a little sneaky is taking the printout of the 25% off Racers and going to Zellers or Sears and see if they will price match on a World Racers set. They may not know the difference.

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 149
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:33 pm

Re: [CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by Alyvin » Fri Jun 18, 2010 12:07 pm

beethead wrote:
Was at the TRU in Vancouver and same story. World Racers not included in the sale and the Toy Story Alien polybag regular priced at $4.99 is not part of the $5 off promotion. It caught my eye when I was paying the cashier and she scanned it in as $4.99. Too bad. :(
Did the BOGO deal worked on the polybag set last week? Oh and I was at Superstore today and saw some of the kellogg's cereal have points you can redeem. You get 1 point for every cereal box and for a certain amount, you can get a $5 off coupon which means you can get a free polybag at toysrus.

beans
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:02 pm

Re: [CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by beans » Fri Jun 18, 2010 11:10 pm

beethead wrote:
hatcher wrote:I just came back from the Barrie TRU, and I can tell you World Racers are not included in the Racers sale, and at least at the TRU, they aren't selling any of the Toy Story Polybags.
Was at the TRU in Vancouver and same story. World Racers not included in the sale and the Toy Story Alien polybag regular priced at $4.99 is not part of the $5 off promotion. It caught my eye when I was paying the cashier and she scanned it in as $4.99. Too bad. :(

Worth trying but a little sneaky is taking the printout of the 25% off Racers and going to Zellers or Sears and see if they will price match on a World Racers set. They may not know the difference.
I saw sale tags being put up on the World Racers sets this morning at TRU (the ones that strikeout the regular price) but they hadn't put revised prices up yet. When I scanned one of the sets, it showed up at regular price so probably just a mistake by the store. However, it wouldn't surprise me if a few TRUs here or there failed to notice the difference and you might be able to get a manager to give you the 25% off. They seemed nice enough about it when I brought in the 25% off ad for the PoP sets to adjust the 20% off prices.

SpaceLego
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:00 pm

Re: [CAN] TRU 25% off ALL Racers & $5 off ALL Toy Story

Post by SpaceLego » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:43 pm

A bit off topic, but did anyone notice 7641 city corner is $69.99 instead of $79.99 at the tru site?

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 36 guests