Review (video) Star Wars 7958 Boba Fett's Slave 1 Ship

LEGO Reviews that are shown in a video/clip will be placed in this forum. Note that these reviews will not be indexed.
popup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Review (video) Star Wars 7958 Boba Fett's Slave 1 Ship

Post by popup » Mon Oct 24, 2011 3:20 am

Hi

This the last model in that set that I have to show you. I have to say it's one of my favourite ones.

Lego Star Wars Set 7958 Micro Mini Boba Fett's Slave 1 Ship Build and Review in HD

Hope you enjoyed the video

popup
Last edited by popup on Wed Jul 04, 2012 7:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: Review (video) Star Wars 7958 Boba Fett's Slave 1 Ship

Post by vynsane » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:52 am

Please take this as the constructive criticism that it is - I know it takes a lot of effort to set up, record, convert, and upload these videos to youtube. I think my suggestions, however, might make it more worth your while to make these videos as they will garner more attention.

I'm not sure I understand the reasoning behind taking a video of the build process of a set - it's not really a review so much as a video instruction booklet. The "review" portion only comes in as almost an afterthought at the end. I think if you were to vocally note novel parts usage, weak connections, etc, during the build, or use the video medium to display 'action features' or other things that aren't apparent from online promotional images, box design, or instructions themselves, it would really make these videos more engaging. The way it is right now, it's almost completely silent except for the clacking of the pieces - put more of your personality into it, let us hear your thoughts on the set and it could become really popular and helpful to others.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

popup
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Review (video) Star Wars 7958 Boba Fett's Slave 1 Ship

Post by popup » Thu Mar 29, 2012 3:28 am

Hi

I understand you point what you did not know was when I started I had a serious lung problem, thus I was not able to talk this took 6 months of my life away from me.

Every looks and think it's easy please be my guest and try to record your self in a fluent motion build without error's and so that the camera can see and you can't because the camera is in the way.

Then you want a running commentary, I could to a voice over I suppose but then I am not that type of person. Sorry folks.

I done it for a little fun at the time mainly so people could really see what they are getting for there money and kids enjoy it because they don't have the attention span like us adults do, so for them they see something being created and I hope that it give's them ideas at the same time. They also get to see the end result promptly which I hope would inspire there minds to go and build. The build program is there and the end product in virtual life within minutes.

Next up on another issue of voice overs that you may not have considered is that, the videos go world wide and not everyone speaks English, I thing I would find it a turn off to hear someone babbling on while watching a build that you trying to watch. The short review is at the end as I thing that the last thing better to have a surprise view once the item is complete.

I have served 120,000 people so far it's hard to know what people are going to watch and enjoy. It takes as you say a lot of effort to create even a short clip with record timing, watermarking and encoding and then the upload can take 2hr 30min per video that's about 6 min long.

I would be very interested to see you produce a video of the same type so I can see what you would like to see more of... please post it here...