how would you sell a duplicate bigfig

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

how would you sell a duplicate bigfig

Post by mrbean » Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:51 am

I'm planning on getting all the 2015 Marvel sets. I'll get a bunch of duplicate figures but I'm OK with that because I can always swap pieces to change them or use the pieces for other figs. It's the duplicate bigfig Hulk that I don't really want. How would you sell it? I think my options are to sell on amazon.ca, bricklink, or craigslist. I haven't been a seller on any of these sites, so just wondering what you'd do with your duplicate bigfig.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: how would you sell a duplicate bigfig

Post by hatcher » Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:06 am

I've never sold anything on line, but I've heard amazon has crazy fees. You could try Kijiji.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Dec 21, 2014 10:11 am

From experiences of friends I'd avoid Amazon, they have had nothing but issues with getting their money. They weren't selling LEGO, but electronics and Amazon would say that the "like new" in which they were supposed to get $207 for, was actually "fair" which they would get like $50 for. Took two months to get it all worked out.

Derek
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Derek » Tue Dec 23, 2014 8:30 am

I use bricklink. It is pretty easy to use (though the site is a bit dated), and their fees are relatively low compared to other places (amazon, ebay). Never had any problems buying or selling there.

Local craigslist with cash payment (and no fees) would be best, but you wouldn't be reaching that large of an audience.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:15 am

www.bricklink.com or www.brickowl.com would both be the best bets, I'd think, with eBay a close second (third? What's the next place if two are tied for first?)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

mrbean
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mrbean » Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:31 am

Thanks for all your replies. I had thought that people buying from sites like bricklink usually like to buy more than a single item, so selling only one thing would be hard. I'll just have to give it a go and give a good price to make it attractive.

I didn't know about brickowl before, and I look forward to checking it out.