FREE Holiday Train Set + Double VIP Points Extended to October 31st

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

FREE Holiday Train Set + Double VIP Points Extended to October 31st

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:37 pm

Starting today until November 13th, LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home  (USA | Canada) will be offering a free LEGO 40138 Holiday Train exclusive set with purchases above $99. In addition, their Double VIP Points promotion has been extended until October 31st, 2015. Both promotions are stackable. There's no better time to buy their exclusives and limited edition sets!

*Double VIP Points extension is for all countries worldwide  at LEGO Brand Stores & LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada | UK)

Shop Now: USA | Canada | UK

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/free-holiday-tra ... h-america/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Re: FREE Holiday Train Set + Double VIP Points Extended to O

Post by jmeninno » Wed Oct 14, 2015 7:00 am

Just did this yesterday. Lady at the register told me, after confessing how I have to plan my trips carefully, that they had extended double points thru the end of the month. Oops.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:51 pm

Good idea, LEGO. Now I might buy the Detective's Office or something I'm missing.

CoNS
I'm New !

Post by CoNS » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:12 am

Darn, only North America and Canada. Anyone knows when it will become available in the European Lego shop at home?

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:56 am

Be sure to consider http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-4-stud- ... ?s=6039827 storage brick when placing an order. its retail price is $19.99 and is currently reduced to $3.98

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:49 am

Ok is it me or when you try to add the blue store brick (5001383) the price is not the sale price but the regular price of $19.99.
I can't get the system to charge me the sale price.
To make it worst as I'm typing this the item seems to have sold out or removed.
Oh well
Last edited by MrVEP on Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:55 am

MrVEP wrote:Ok is it me or when you try to add the blue store brick (5001383) the price is not the sale price but the regular price of $19.99.
I can't get the system to charge me the sale price.
To make it worst as I'm typing this the item seems to have sold out or removed :evil:
Oh well

I wasn't able to change the quantity from 1 to 5 so I gave up and called customer service and placed my order by phone. I wanted 8 of the storage bricks (2x for me and gifts for others). The agent was kind enough to place my order in such a way that I was able to order 8. Try calling them quickly MrVEP.
I also remembered to order 1x thankgiving holiday set and used saved up VIP points to purchase the Modular Restaurant (Finally... can't wait). Good luck!

MrVEP
Knight
Knight

Post by MrVEP » Thu Oct 15, 2015 10:05 am

That's alright I went with:
Winter Toy Shop
Thanksgiving Feast
Birthday Table Decoration

Perfect for $99+ and not to much over for the Train, happy at the end ;-)
Thanks anyway.

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Fri Oct 16, 2015 10:03 am

All the 5 big sets on my shopping list are out of stock. This is frustrating. I am just several days late.

Final_Sign1
I'm New !

Post by Final_Sign1 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 5:27 am

If an item is out of stock, you can still place an order for it. They will ship the "free" item now since its available, then ship your other item/s once available.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:13 pm

Would love to get the seasonals but they seem to go out of stock within 24 hrs or less these days... So lame
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:26 pm

Luciant wrote:Would love to get the seasonals but they seem to go out of stock within 24 hrs or less these days... So lame
The Halloween set lasted over a month, which is 2-3 times as long as the spring seasonal sets. The Thanksgiving set still lasted longer than the spring sets at about 2 weeks. When these things come out you need to buy right away. I'm just glad I bought mine last week, now I wish I got a second one.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:29 pm

Luciant wrote:Would love to get the seasonals but they seem to go out of stock within 24 hrs or less these days... So lame
I agree.. they disappear far too quickly. Not sure if they are simply NOT making enough or if each time more and more people are buying multiples to re-sell (as LEGO increases numbers but not enough to meet increasing demand). The Thanksgiving set will be my first to receive (ordered a few days ago). Sometimes I like a seasonal set but don't want to place a $75 order (for free shipping) or pay shipping for just the one item. If they stuck around for a month or two it would be easier to plan purchases.

Good luck

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:48 pm

Why would seasonal sets have re-sell value. They don't have unique items do they?

I only grabbed one Thanksgiving set but would consider getting more since I need more gray hair pieces. What are the chances these pieces make it to the build-a-figure?

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:11 am

I had no problems getting the Easter one at the LEGO store after it was sold out online. I think there is only so much stock allocated for S@H and the rest is for the physical stores. Online you are competing with everyone in North America. At the store, your local city or town folks. Odds are better if you live close to a store as not everyone will make the effort to travel.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:22 am

Tysons in Washington DC sells out quickly. Halloween one was there very short time, Turkey day was limited.

Was able to get my large technic set for double points and use them up next month for the next seasonal set.

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Sat Oct 31, 2015 6:43 pm

Did anyone go to the LEGO store for the final double points and did anyone get the Scooby Doo poster?

grommom
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grommom » Sat Oct 31, 2015 7:58 pm

We got the poster for trick or treating in the store. I didn't buy anything even though i wanted to but my husband reminded me that I have no time to build anything right now. I did see a bunch of cool stuff in the pick a mini like bat ear hair and mummy torsos and witch hats. I passed though.

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Sat Oct 31, 2015 9:47 pm

grommom wrote:We got the poster for trick or treating in the store. I didn't buy anything even though i wanted to but my husband reminded me that I have no time to build anything right now. I did see a bunch of cool stuff in the pick a mini like bat ear hair and mummy torsos and witch hats. I passed though.
Mind taking a pic? I can't find it anywhere and I'm curious as to what it looks like.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Nov 01, 2015 5:37 pm

Pumpkin Ecks wrote:Did anyone go to the LEGO store for the final double points and did anyone get the Scooby Doo poster?
Out LEGO store gave out Star Wars posters (to the boys) and Friends bracelets (to the girls). There was other stuff in the bucket but I didn't see the Scooby Doo poster.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?