BN.com Buy 2 Get 1 Free on ALL Toys and Games

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

BN.com Buy 2 Get 1 Free on ALL Toys and Games

Post by funnypeople » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:17 pm

Theres not a lot of lego with toys and games next to it but hogwarts castle is part of it. It works with the kids club offer (below) so you can get an extra 30% off one of the hogwarts castles.

So even if you don't sign up for kids club, you get get hogwarts castle for $77.97 each if you buy 3.
Last edited by funnypeople on Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: BN.com Buy 2 Get 1 Free on ALL Toys and Games

Post by funnypeople » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Join the barnes and nobles kids club and you get these extra offers.

-$5 reward for every $100 you spend on kids' stuff online and instores
-30% off list price on a kids' book or toy (welcome offer)
-free cupcake and tikatok create a book project presents for birthdays
-monthly newsletter for more savings

Since theres no charge, I guess it would not hurt to join. At least we can get 30% off one lego item first and $5 rewards for every $100.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:38 am

Oddly enough, not everything WITH a "Toys and Games" icon next to it applies a discount - PoP Battle of Alamut, while brandishing the logo, doesn't get a discount in the shopping cart.

From what I can tell, Hogwarts' Castle and the Creator 5893 'Offroad Power' were the only items I could get to work. The discount was only taken off one item at a time, so when I had three Hogwarts in my cart and added one 5893, the discounted item was 5893. When I upped the quantity of 5893 to 3, the discount was still only on that one item.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:31 am

thanks! got the hp castles. was able to get another 12% rebate through rewardsrunner.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:01 am

i joined the kid's club but didn't seem to get any codes to apply the 30%. help pls.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:46 am

@natelite I've had rewardsrunner tell me that often, they can't do the cash back if you are using other offers. I ran into this with Target. Didn't even try with BN, but that's mostly because I forgot! So... it's not always a definite that RR will honor this, based on what they told me.

For the 30%, I signed up for Kids Club, but didn't receive the 30% coupon yet. I used a 15% coupon I found.
No idea when the 30% coupon will arrive via email, but eventually, it will.

Thanks.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:56 am

BrickUpdate wrote:@natelite I've had rewardsrunner tell me that often, they can't do the cash back if you are using other offers. I ran into this with Target. Didn't even try with BN, but that's mostly because I forgot! So... it's not always a definite that RR will honor this, based on what they told me.

For the 30%, I signed up for Kids Club, but didn't receive the 30% coupon yet. I used a 15% coupon I found.
No idea when the 30% coupon will arrive via email, but eventually, it will.

Thanks.
strange. i got all my target rebates sitting in my rr account. don't think it'll be an issue for bn either.

what is your 15% coupon? care to post?

as you can see, i got the ucs ds, fire brigade, 4x cad bane and 2x pizza planet truck. all the rebate is in my rr account.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by natelite on Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:00 am

The 15% code A9N8U4H I just found via Google. This page: http://www.retailmenot.com/view/barnesandnoble.com
Thanks for the note on RewardsRunner. Next time!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:26 am

drat. wish i can cancel the previous order. anyway, i got another 3 hp castle. if everything goes through, it will be 51% d/c per set! woot woot!!

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:48 am

You bought 6 HP Castles?! Are these to be resold? Or... do you have a MASSIVE Harry Potter layout that is about to expand 6-fold?!
:)

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:10 am

BrickUpdate wrote:You bought 6 HP Castles?! Are these to be resold? Or... do you have a MASSIVE Harry Potter layout that is about to expand 6-fold?!
:)
actually 7. i got one a few months ago at around 30% d/c at borders using the 40% off coupon. at the time, i didn't think bn.com would have any major sales any time soon due to the previous plundering. tru was raising prices like a <bleep> and target was miserly with sales. boy was i wrong! or perhaps bn.com just made a terrible mistake with the hp castle by allowing it to be on the b2g1 sale.

there is no such thing as too much lego. you can always part out the set to be sold off for parts. :D

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:09 pm

Nice! Also, I think I realized there IS such a thing as too much LEGO. (it hurts to type that!) Check out this story of mine from this past weekend:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=694&start=70#p9817

Also - wondering why all the other LEGO sets aren't buy 2 get 1 free at BN! :(
Thanks!
-Dan

bakelitetm
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bakelitetm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:02 pm

Does B&N ship via US Postal Service to Canada? Or will I get charged brokerage fees from UPS?

*edit. Think I figured it out (new to Barnes and Noble). Standard shipping is US postal service, while express is UPS

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:47 am

Looks like Barnes & Noble finally caught on. Hogwarts Castle didn't come up in a search, and when I did find it, it was out of stock and no longer had the "toys and games" label on it. For Kings Castle, it said: "This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated."

Fun while it lasted!
Thanks.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:06 am

BrickUpdate wrote:Looks like Barnes & Noble finally caught on. Hogwarts Castle didn't come up in a search, and when I did find it, it was out of stock and no longer had the "toys and games" label on it. For Kings Castle, it said: "This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated."

Fun while it lasted!
Thanks.
the promo worked on kings castle before? why didn't you tell me?! :( btw, the rr rebate came in already. works on bn.com purchase! woot woot! 51% d/c.

toyz4me
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by toyz4me » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:27 pm

BrickUpdate wrote:Looks like Barnes & Noble finally caught on. Hogwarts Castle didn't come up in a search, and when I did find it, it was out of stock and no longer had the "toys and games" label on it. For Kings Castle, it said: "This item does not qualify for coupons or promotional discounts unless expressly stated."

Fun while it lasted!
Thanks.
Yes Yes, most definitely a great deal! Everyone ordering 3 Hogwart's Castles at a time had to raise a red flag somewhere! :lol:

BrickUpdate
Knight
Knight

Post by BrickUpdate » Wed Nov 03, 2010 3:27 pm

Very cool to hear about RR. No, the discount didn't work on Castle, but that statement was something I hadn't seen before. I bet we see it used again in the future, ensuring LEGO is ineligible for discounts like this.

Thanks.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:18 pm

i think it's likely they will cancel all previous orders. my orders are now stuck in the purgatory...somewhere between ready to be shipped and shipped. total order came out to $0.00. so my feeling is that it will not ship.

drat...at least they haven't cancel my rr rebate. free money! i can only hope. :lol: in 90 days... :lol:

danlego
I'm New !

Post by danlego » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:14 pm

My order of 3 Harry Potter castles just got canceled. Did any of you get yours?

toyz4me
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by toyz4me » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:30 pm

danlego wrote:My order of 3 Harry Potter castles just got canceled. Did any of you get yours?
Darn! Looks like an unwanted email is coming soon (((