LEGO Nexo Knights - New Castle Theme for 2016

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Nexo Knights - New Castle Theme for 2016

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:59 pm

It appears that a brand-new LEGO Theme is coming soon! The back page of an Australian LEGO Club Magazine shows the new LEGO Nexo Knights Theme. It looks like a very exciting theme to be hyped up about, especially since LEGO Castle has been discontinued for quite some time now. This will be a fantasy based theme and will have at least a 3 year lifespan. LEGO sets will be released beginning January 2016. What do you think of this new theme? (via Brickset)

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-nexo-knight ... -for-2016/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

jmjm
Peasant
Peasant

Re: LEGO Nexo Knights - New Castle Theme for 2016

Post by jmjm » Fri Oct 02, 2015 2:11 am

My favourite theme! Hope it's not too gimmicky. The Lord of the Rings and Hobbit stuff were terrific for fantasy castle theme, too.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Fri Oct 02, 2015 4:22 am

Think the kids will love it.

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:05 am

These look really neat. As a long time castle fan I'm excited.
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Fri Oct 02, 2015 9:15 am

These look great! Castle is always a great theme but it looks like they've actually done something a little different with it. Those villains especially look incredible. Can't wait to see what this is all about!

Jon_Solo
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Jon_Solo » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:50 am

I'm really digging the shields that double as hover-boards. Pretty neat!

Pumpkin Ecks
Knight
Knight

Post by Pumpkin Ecks » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:08 pm

I'm hoping they reuse Rascus' helmet piece. =D

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wyldjedi » Fri Oct 02, 2015 12:09 pm

Before seeing this picture I was skeptical from the descriptions I had read. This is a bit more fantasy/tech like than I would care for, but it is fresh which the castle theme needs. I only hope it does not get too wild and over the top like Ninjago has. I am probably most excited for the new part molds. The long lifespan Lego is planning hopefully means better quality and imagination in the builds. The past few years in castle were mostly pretty boring and repetitive. So yeah, I am very optimistic now

tensider
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tensider » Fri Oct 02, 2015 7:25 pm

A little work and they'd be perfect for VIsionaries: Knights of the Magical Light :)

frackbricks
Citizen
Citizen

Post by frackbricks » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:38 pm

That was the name of the show I was trying to think of.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:56 pm

I love the green guy riding his shield like a hoverboard in the upper right.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

KendallCo
I'm New !

Post by KendallCo » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:40 am

I loved Visionaires! Great show and concept.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Oct 05, 2015 6:13 pm

I'm always glad to get any sort of knight theme for more minifigure parts (helmets, weapons, shields... etc) and castle parts. I'm guessing there may not be many horses in this line? Maybe another cow and/or goat? I still don't have any. I did find 1x pig at a reasonable price recently.

I don't mind that Ninjago went a little crazy with the creativity. I think it kept it interesting and fresh so that it wasn't exactly like the Ninja theme before it.

Anyone else notice that the Yellow-ish/Gold-ish knight in the right appears to have a larger than normal torso and maybe larger hands? His legs look normal size. Could this be a design similar to TMNT Leatherhead? That could be interesting.

I'll take any theme that has knight parts.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:37 am

Morgan19
Knight
Knight

Post by Morgan19 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 7:57 am

Wow. Color me impressed. I was convinced these would be jump-the-shark-ish after the promo artwork, but these two set images are pretty nice. Definitely get an 80s cartoon vibe from them, like others have mentioned. I'm liking all the new visor types. And a castle-tank?? Whoever came up with that set design is a genius. I absolutely love the flying horse-mount.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Thu Oct 08, 2015 12:18 pm

I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Thu Oct 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Morgan19 wrote:Wow. Color me impressed. I was convinced these would be jump-the-shark-ish after the promo artwork, but these two set images are pretty nice. Definitely get an 80s cartoon vibe from them, like others have mentioned. I'm liking all the new visor types. And a castle-tank?? Whoever came up with that set design is a genius. I absolutely love the flying horse-mount.
Castle or village on tank threads have been done by AFOLs before. It looks like it can be fun to drive off when the enemy tries to do a seige. :lol:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Oct 08, 2015 8:40 pm

NEXO KNIGHTS Logo

70316 Jestro's Evil Mobile

70317 The Fortrex

Check out the NEXO KNIGHTS season 1 trailer!

LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS™ CATAPULTS INTO ACTION

World’s leading toy brand introduces new intellectual property that bridges physical and digital play with building sets, episodic content and digital gaming

New York Comic Con attendees get first-look at story, products and gaming app

NEW YORK CITY (October 8, 2015) – The LEGO Group today announced LEGO® NEXO KNIGHTS,™ a new, original LEGO property depicting a medieval kingdom set in a futuristic world where five young, brave knights “download” special powers to their shields in order to battle the royal court’s evil Jestro and a cast of monsters to restore peace. The story comes to life through LEGO building sets, an episodic television and a digital gaming app that fuels story-driven gameplay. The property launches later this year, with products available starting January 1, 2016. LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS characters, story, app experience and two iconic building sets from the collection will be previewed to New York Comic Con attendees, Thursday, October 8 through Sunday, October 11 at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center (Booth #1436).

“Inspired by insights to meet the emerging needs of today’s kids, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS juxtaposes a timeless world of medieval knights with a futuristic twist in a captivating story that invites children to explore LEGO play in a whole new way,” said Casper Thingholm of the LEGO Group. “LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS offers children the rewarding building experiences they know and love, amplified by digital enhancements that merge what today’s kids love: self-expression, strong characters, deep content-driven story and digital gaming.”

Story
Set in the futuristic, high-tech world of the Kingdom of Knighton, LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS follows five young knights in their quest to battle Jestro, his sidekick, the Book of Monsters, and their Lava Monster Army. Heroic knight, Clay Moorington, leads the band of knights, including alpha superstar Lance Richmond, hipster Aaron Fox, Macy Halbert, a princess who would rather be a knight, and Axl, the giant. Together, under the tutelage of Knights’ Academy mentor and Great Digital Wizard, Merlok 2.0, they join forces to defeat the enemy.

Building Sets and Consumer Products
Fourteen richly detailed building sets will be available in January 2016, ranging in price from $9.99 to $99.99. Additional building sets will launch in August 2016. The first two sets are being revealed at New York Comic Con.

Consumer products partners across key categories are also engaged in creating a merchandise program dedicated to LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS, such as publishing and soft goods.

LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 App
To extend the story and increase playing fun, more than 150 unique LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS powers – represented as shields – have been scattered across the kingdom of Knighton. The powers can be found in building sets, online, in print and directly in the television content. Existing in both physical and digital form, children can discover, scan and collect varied powers using the LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 app. Once added to a digital power collection, children can creatively and continuously find new ways to join the knights to defeat the enemy, in their gaming experience.

Available in late December 2015, the LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS: MERLOK 2.0 app will be available as a free download via App Store, Google Play, Samsung Apps and Amazon Appstore.

Television Series
LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS, a 20-episode, animated adventure comedy series, will debut on select global broadcast television networks as soon as late December 2015 and air throughout 2016. The core means by which children follow the story and get to know the characters, the series follows the constant adventures of LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS heroes and villains. Children will also be able to scan new LEGO NEXO KNIGHTS powers directly from their content viewing screen into their app games, further connecting their play experience.

For more information, visit http://www.LEGO.com/NEXOKNIGHTS
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

GrayFox787
I'm New !

Post by GrayFox787 » Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:43 pm

When I first saw these in stores, I thought it was the dumbest looking series...aside from Clay's Rumble Blade, nothing impressed me.

Now, after watching Jangbricks' reviews, I'm on board for not only the Rumble Blade, but the Fortrex, Merlin 2.0 Library (just to make the fortex whole), and maybe even the King's Mech and Lance's Mecha Horse...

Still not impressed with any of the villains' stuff, though...maybe next year will yield an evil equivalent of the Fortrex.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Wed Feb 03, 2016 4:59 pm

GrayFox787 wrote:When I first saw these in stores, I thought it was the dumbest looking series...aside from Clay's Rumble Blade, nothing impressed me.

Now, after watching Jangbricks' reviews, I'm on board for not only the Rumble Blade, but the Fortrex, Merlin 2.0 Library (just to make the fortex whole), and maybe even the King's Mech and Lance's Mecha Horse...

Still not impressed with any of the villains' stuff, though...maybe next year will yield an evil equivalent of the Fortrex.
I haven't bought any yet but I do like the theme a lot. I've a watched a few episodes of the show with my son and liked it (ok... I watched it by myself.. but he was in the room). The builds look fun and creative and I love medieval and fantasy so I'll be putting some of the minifigure parts to use when I do buy some. I somewhat wish the soldiers helmets were grey or silver instead of blue but they can still be used.

I was driving home yesterday and it occurred to me that the Nexo Knights remind me of He-man in some ways. I know.. there are lots of other themes with similarities as well (especially from the 80's)