Lego store PAB clearance 80% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
minifigW
Knight
Knight

Lego store PAB clearance 80% off

Post by minifigW » Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:44 pm

Hey guys and gals, just wanted to give everyone a heads up that some of the elements from the last build a model (4.99 sets) and some other random overstock elements are on clearance by the box.

PAB one element bulk box (select styles)--> $20.00 (was $100.00)

pieces are mostly orange brown and grey, I picked up three and a half boxes at the Aliso Viejo CA store, one remaining (some weird yellow reverse slope)

These where not marked and you might have to ask a manager, each should have gotten a list of clearance parts. I want to remind everyone that this is hugely YMMV though, but definitely worth a check.

Have a great weekend!
Last edited by minifigW on Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant

Re: Lego store PAB clearance 80% off

Post by KrashX » Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:35 am

I can confirm that most stores are having this! Talked with a lot of AFOLs and their stores are selling the boxes for $20!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 06, 2015 8:41 am

Dang, wish I had known before going this past Tuesday! What were the elements?

What a weird plan, surely those bricks could be repurposed into the wall again at a later date. Not that I'll complain if I can get my hands on a fullish box of bulk PaB for 80% off! Would love to augment my collection of orange.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sun Sep 06, 2015 9:49 am

Selection varied by store. And they went fast!

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:44 pm

Just picked up five more boxes, selection varies by store. I did get some orange 1x2s though which was sweet.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Sep 06, 2015 1:47 pm

made the front page :D

eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eagerbeaver » Sun Sep 06, 2015 2:42 pm

I called in to my local Lego store, and they flatly denied any clearance on Pick A Brick. Do I need to ask for something specific, or ask the manager or something? Or am I required to drop in to the store to get this deal?

Regards,
EB

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by KrashX » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:03 pm

eagerbeaver wrote:I called in to my local Lego store, and they flatly denied any clearance on Pick A Brick. Do I need to ask for something specific, or ask the manager or something? Or am I required to drop in to the store to get this deal?

Regards,
EB
The first post was kind of worded weirdly, but basically they are selling PAB Cases for $20, because of overstock issues. Their were 3 cases at my store (LBG 1 x 3 bricks, Orange 1 x 2 bricks, Red 2 x 2). Didn't really need the pieces,but they were there.

eagerbeaver
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eagerbeaver » Sun Sep 06, 2015 3:44 pm

Oh, okay, thanks KrashX for clearing that up!

Cheers,
EB

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:14 pm

KrashX wrote:
eagerbeaver wrote:I called in to my local Lego store, and they flatly denied any clearance on Pick A Brick. Do I need to ask for something specific, or ask the manager or something? Or am I required to drop in to the store to get this deal?

Regards,
EB
The first post was kind of worded weirdly, but basically they are selling PAB Cases for $20, because of overstock issues. Their were 3 cases at my store (LBG 1 x 3 bricks, Orange 1 x 2 bricks, Red 2 x 2). Didn't really need the pieces,but they were there.
I was informed that it was just the old elements from the build a model, and I apologize for any confusion, but from my second stop today it does appear that there are other elements slated for clearance as well.

TL87
I'm New !

Post by TL87 » Mon Sep 07, 2015 7:43 pm

No such luck in Alberta (Canada). All stores were severely understocked in PAB inventory, the manager was actually stating the opposite and was complaining how they seemed to always have too little. I believed what he said as the wall seems to be empty/near empty for a lot of bricks every time I'm in there.

slimninj4
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by slimninj4 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:10 am

Tysons Corner, VA last week I saw about 10 boxes. Not my thing but I am sure some resellers jumped on them quickly.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:35 am

No luck in Canada. Anyone across Canada have any success with this? Thanks :-)!
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Sep 08, 2015 5:15 am

I got to a store and they said they were heavily hit earlier that morning, but found a few more, not the build a model stuff unfortunately. I picked up a box of 1X1 round plate trans aqua, and modified plate 1 x 2 with Handles - Flat Ends, Low Attachment in black. I was tempted by the printed tile with gauges, but there's no way I'd every use even half a box.

Ben
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Ben » Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:10 am

Despite what others have posted, the store in Calgary Canada is participating in the sale. I picked up 5 cases this morning at $25 each (in addition to what I actually went in to buy). Here's a picture of what they had before I made my purchases.
IMAG0147.jpg
I'm not sure whether I was buying the last case of any of these or not, so you might want to give them a call to see if they still have what you want before going to the store. I picked up a case each of trans clear 1x2 plate, 2x2 white jumper plate, 2x3 black brick, 1x2 green slope and 1x2 white inverted slope.

Ben
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

samvee
I'm New !

Post by samvee » Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:55 pm

argh... was told sales end yesterday. Approximately how many bricks are in a builk box?

Ben
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Ben » Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:00 pm

samvee wrote:argh... was told sales end yesterday. Approximately how many bricks are in a builk box?
Obviously the number of bricks in a box depends on the size and shape of the brick. I have previously counted boxes of 2x4 bricks at around 660.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Tue Sep 08, 2015 4:11 pm

Ben wrote:
samvee wrote:argh... was told sales end yesterday. Approximately how many bricks are in a builk box?
Obviously the number of bricks in a box depends on the size and shape of the brick. I have previously counted boxes of 2x4 bricks at around 660.

the smaller pieces run in the thousands, one really small modified 1x1 had around 5,000 in the packed full case.

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:03 am

Ben wrote:Despite what others have posted, the store in Calgary Canada is participating in the sale. I picked up 5 cases this morning at $25 each (in addition to what I actually went in to buy). Here's a picture of what they had before I made my purchases.
IMAG0147.jpg
I'm not sure whether I was buying the last case of any of these or not, so you might want to give them a call to see if they still have what you want before going to the store. I picked up a case each of trans clear 1x2 plate, 2x2 white jumper plate, 2x3 black brick, 1x2 green slope and 1x2 white inverted slope.

Ben
Jealous of the white jumper!

GoldenBricks
Peasant
Peasant

Post by GoldenBricks » Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:51 am

Just to set the record straight at least on what I heard....

The boxes were supposedly not of overstock PAB or left over from their mini builds you buy and fill but talking to a couple of managers, they said it was boxes of retired or retiring elements.
Jim
Last edited by GoldenBricks on Wed Sep 09, 2015 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.