Official Press Release: LEGO 10249 Winter Toy Shop

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Official Press Release: LEGO 10249 Winter Toy Shop

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:00 am

LEGO will be releasing another Holiday LEGO Winter Series set this Holiday season. This year, it will be the LEGO Creator 10249 Winter Toy Shop set. It will be available beginning October 2015 at LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home.

The set looks familiar right? Back in 2010, LEGO released the first Holiday set known as 10199 Winter Toy Shop. It was very popular back then as everyone wanted it. But fast track five years and LEGO is now releasing a set that is exactly the same as before. Unless I'm missing something, the only thing that seems to be different is the price along with the box size. Its pretty much $20 USD/CAD higher than the 2010 price tag of $59.99 USD / $74.99 CAD.

10249 Winter Toy Shop

Ages 12+. 898 pieces.

US $79.99 - CA $99.99 - DE 69.99€ - UK £59.99 - DK 599.00 DKK

*Euro pricing varies by country. Please visit shop.LEGO.com for regional pricing.

Enjoy the holiday season with the Winter Toy Shop!

Welcome to the Winter Toy Shop! The holiday season has arrived and the toymaker is busy finishing off his latest creations! Outside, children ski and snowboard, and a freshly built snowman sparkles in the light that shines from the toyshop tower. Help decorate the huge tree that stands at the center of the square, play with the curious kitten on the cozy wooden bench or join in with the carolers beneath the ornate streetlamp. This charming set also features a ladder, trees in various sizes, jack-in-the-box, a toy biplane, helicopter, rocket, train, race car, truck, robot, tugboat, teddy bear and a wrapped gift. Have fun building this enchanting winter wonderland! Includes a snowman and 8 minifigures with assorted accessories: a male caroler, female caroler, a woman, 2 men, 2 boys and a girl.

Includes 8 minifigures with assorted accessories: a male caroler, female caroler, a woman, 2 men, 2 boys and a girl
Features a toyshop, large Christmas tree with decorations, ladder, bench, ornate streetlight, carrot-nosed snowman and a cat
Toyshop features a LEGO® light brick, cash register, clock, chair, table, tools and a ladder
Accessories include a wrapped gift, snowboard, skis, 5 wreaths, 2 sets of strings lights, 2 top hats, 2 carol songbooks and 10 toys, including a jack-in-the-box, a toy biplane, helicopter, rocket, train, race car, truck, robot, tugboat and a teddy bear element
Also includes trees in various sizes and snow elements
Light up the toyshop tower with the LEGO® light brick!
Decorate the Christmas tree!
Enjoy the holiday season with this fun, festive model!
Winter Toy Shop measures over 6” (17cm) high, 7” (19cm) wide and 3” (10cm) deep
Christmas tree measures over 5” (15cm) high, 4” (11cm) wide and 4” (11cm) deep

Additional pictures available on Toysnbricks Flickr Photostream. The youtube designer video is available below.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/official-press-r ... -toy-shop/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Bobsterino
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: Official Press Release: LEGO 10249 Winter Toy Shop

Post by Bobsterino » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:11 am

There is some part and color variation (i.e. the wreaths, jack-in-the-box), including the minifigs, but I sure hope they release an additional holiday set. I've been adding the new set to my holiday decor every year, and while I might grab this as a collectible, it certainly wouldn't make sense to display two of the nearly identical sets!

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:12 am

And I was minutes from buying one on Bricklink... E-mailed for a shipping quote and was ready to pull the trigger... Thanks for the save...

The Jack-in-the-box might be different colors but other than that I cannot find other differences between the two on a quick glance.

$130 saved...

Paul

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:36 am

Hahaha, I thought this was a joke. Joke's on us. Good for those that don't have it.
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

Muntz
I'm New !

Post by Muntz » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:41 am

The toys under the tree are different. At very least the rocket, biplane, helocopter, truck and tugboat are new. I don't think the old set came with the kid's teddy bear either.

If LEGO is going to re-release Christmas sets I'd love to see them remake the Christmas train. I missed out on that one.

Chooch
I'm New !

Post by Chooch » Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:52 am

So here are some of LEGO's comments from their FB post:
"LEGO Shop - Hi Ann, thanks for reaching out. Your son is correct that there are differences in the design of this set and we think your family would find it to be a fun building experience. It is our 2015 release for the Winter Village series."
"LEGO Shop - Hi Kieran, we're sorry for any disappointment surrounding this year's Winter Village release and hope you are able to find other awesome, new sets if you aren't interested in this one. This release is not an indication of future re-releases or set updates. We're taking the feedback of our fans into consideration as we plan future release. Thanks for taking the time to share."
If this is the case, then I second the motion to bring back the Christmas train...

jeffrey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jeffrey » Tue Aug 18, 2015 8:01 am

Well, this is incredibly disappointing. This has become almost a tradition for me to line up and get the newest Winter Village set when my LEGO store opens on its release day and my closest store is two hours away. I had just been looking around the internet for news on the new set. What a shame.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:22 am

Looking at both boxes they made several small changes to the details:

- 83 more pieces
- more decorations on the Christmas tree
- more toys
- 1 more minifigure
- printed title on sign
- updated elements like green Christmas wreaths

An instant buy for me, since appears to be a improved version compared to old one, and now I don't have to pay crazy reseller prices. :)

Per Lego Shop on facebook:
"Hi everyone, thanks so much for sharing your feedback about this year's release in the Winter Village series. The Winter Village Toy Shop was a huge hit when it launched as the first set in the series back in 2009. We're excited to announce it's back.
Our designers have made several updates including adding some new printed details, additional bricks and elements along with a new minifigure.This 2015 version offers a great building experience to both those fans who have the original set, and those who may be new to the Winter Village series.
This is not an indication of any future re-release or set updates."
Last edited by Marcus70 on Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:55 am, edited 3 times in total.

brickchick
I'm New !

Post by brickchick » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:31 am

A bit of a bummer! I was hoping for a Winter Cafe/Restaurant or Pub.

Now the big debacle. Since I bought a partial set off eBay where I am missing a few minifigures a a few toys, do I buy this one to appease my quest for 100% completeness, blow $80 and turn my other one into a MOC pub?? Or just be satisfied with my original....ooooohhhh...the decision...

2016 Winter set better be an AWESOME one, Lego peeps!

jnparyniak
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jnparyniak » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:46 am

Egad! I'm being haunted by the Lego set ghost of Christmas past.... A Christmas Carol sub theme would have worked well with this series as something new

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Aug 18, 2015 11:19 am

Not good news.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:58 pm

Very disappointed on not having a new set. plus a price increase, no thanks.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue Aug 18, 2015 1:12 pm

good thing, I sold my 2009 winter toy shop misb along with other OOP winter theme sets earlier this year - these were good collector items for resale. I will still definitely buy this one when it comes out. Cannot go wrong with winter holiday theme sets.

RobertDD
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RobertDD » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:19 pm

I am actually excited to see that Lego re-releases popular sets. I am hoping the trend continues, and other sets like the collector's edition millennium falcon and the green grocer and café corner may see a re-release.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:28 pm

Sheer disappointment! At the very least this set could have nicely built on the older version adding to it but instead it is a reissue. With some printed pieces! Thanks that was just perfect.
Lego... Why can't you reissue the millennium falcon ucs too? Or the old modulars / Eiffel Tower / Statue of Liberty etc too... Why just stop with the toy shop... That would be a fair thing.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:34 pm

Might be the first one I skip...but I say "first" loosely. What is with this train talk? Did I miss an earlier WV set?

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Aug 18, 2015 2:37 pm

Was it 10173?

gschubert
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by gschubert » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:45 pm

For those who are disappointed, it does not have to be a shame. Perhaps this year you could make your own building. There were several good examples in the contest held on this site a few months ago. You could add something different, for example does it seem that a house of worship would be appropriate for the winter holidays?

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:48 pm

gschubert wrote:For those who are disappointed, it does not have to be a shame. Perhaps this year you could make your own building. There were several good examples in the contest held on this site a few months ago. You could add something different, for example does it seem that a house of worship would be appropriate for the winter holidays?
Much respect.

Polar_Beast
I'm New !

Post by Polar_Beast » Tue Aug 18, 2015 4:11 pm

Wow, I gotta say this is weak. I never even got one of these originally, as 10199 predates my collecting days, but still, just seems so lazy on LEGO's part. Like others have said, there are several sub-theme X-mas sets they could have went with.

As for the new parts game, I spy: 2 green train tracks (which will be highly sought after from MOC and rare parts enthusiasts), new printing minifigure dress 2x2x2 black slope, a new Jester Hat printing (orange instead of red), and I'm not sure if it's a new color or not, but they changed one of the two skiing kids to a snowboarder with a dark blue snowboard.