2011 LEGO Star Wars (January)

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
legitimatealex
Count
Count

Re: 2011 LEGO Star Wars

Post by legitimatealex » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:22 pm

8 Battle droids : ) Finally a return to their old ways.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Sun Oct 24, 2010 5:31 pm

r4-g9 wrote:there is a picture of 7913, but it is to big for me to post.
Fixed. Thanks for the news again r4-g9. :)

bluemitch
Citizen
Citizen

Post by bluemitch » Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:45 pm

I was hoping for more gungans cause its "the battle of naboo" afterall right? Lego is starting to called all their sets "battle of...". Battle of Geonosis is basically a droid and a speeder. They could have done that to 7681 separatist spider droid too. Add a clone walker from the battle pack and boom you can get a "Battle of the desert storm". The only battle set that looks more like a battle is "The Battle of Endor".

CadBane501
I'm New !

Post by CadBane501 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:41 am

I am happy they cut vos out cause where is he seen in the clone wars and you know from the very beginning that shak ti and sassaa tin would be clone wars form since obi wan was...it just makes more since to have a more famous jedi like anikan ;)

:!: I am still looking for a clear pic of the tactical droid lol :!:

I am really happy how the clone bombers turned out :D both arms are orange ;)

Aura Sing has really improved lol :D

the ships look great and i am sure they are going to redo Luminara in clone wars too lol which will be cool and she is probably going to turn out like anikan in the freeco speeder :)

Gungans are very well done and i am very happy to have another JSF to add to my collection ;)

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:38 am

bluemitch wrote:I was hoping for more gungans cause its "the battle of naboo" afterall right? Lego is starting to called all their sets "battle of...". Battle of Geonosis is basically a droid and a speeder. They could have done that to 7681 separatist spider droid too. Add a clone walker from the battle pack and boom you can get a "Battle of the desert storm". The only battle set that looks more like a battle is "The Battle of Endor".
Lego is running out of ideas. They only do remakes or very similar sets nowadays.

CadBane501
I'm New !

Post by CadBane501 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 2:01 pm

legogeek wrote:
bluemitch wrote:I was hoping for more gungans cause its "the battle of naboo" afterall right? Lego is starting to called all their sets "battle of...". Battle of Geonosis is basically a droid and a speeder. They could have done that to 7681 separatist spider droid too. Add a clone walker from the battle pack and boom you can get a "Battle of the desert storm". The only battle set that looks more like a battle is "The Battle of Endor".
Lego is running out of ideas. They only do remakes or very similar sets nowadays.

True but some people(like me :| ) never got a gungan or the last geonosis set and truthfully i really like how lego redoes the mini-figs :D

although i also agree they could put more of something in a set but hey everything is under $100.00 :D lol

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:00 pm

another guy bought 7929 and made a small picture review, about three posts down from the last pictures:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... tart%3D160

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:04 pm

r4-g9 wrote:another guy bought 7929 and made a small picture review, about three posts down from the last pictures:
http://www.microsofttranslator.com/bv.a ... tart%3D160
I don't see it. Can you put the pictures here?

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:08 pm

legogeek wrote:
Keep in mind that not every lego buyer is an AFOL. My six year old missed all of the old sets. I'm not paying high prices on ebay for collectibles for him to tear open and play with. So re-releasing sets are the only way he'll ever get them.

I've read many comments like this before. Seems like AFOL's forget that there is a new generation of kids discovering Lego all the time. A Jedi starfighter may be boring and rehashed to many collectors but its new and exciting to a child that never saw it before.

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:20 pm

here they are:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:24 pm

Thanks r4-g9. Now I want this set even more (mainly for the figs). The droid carrier is a nice complement with it. :D

brickz
Knight
Knight

Post by brickz » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:08 am

r4-g9 wrote:Image
No more taping and back to the tearing of the box? :?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:45 am

jsnweitzel wrote: Keep in mind that not every lego buyer is an AFOL. My six year old missed all of the old sets. I'm not paying high prices on ebay for collectibles for him to tear open and play with. So re-releasing sets are the only way he'll ever get them.

I've read many comments like this before. Seems like AFOL's forget that there is a new generation of kids discovering Lego all the time. A Jedi starfighter may be boring and rehashed to many collectors but its new and exciting to a child that never saw it before.
The Jedi Starfighter might not be the best example because it seems to get remade every other year. This set is a good one to be rehashed though. The shield is looking particularly awesome.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 am

jsnweitzel wrote:Keep in mind that not every lego buyer is an AFOL. My six year old missed all of the old sets. I'm not paying high prices on ebay for collectibles for him to tear open and play with. So re-releasing sets are the only way he'll ever get them.

It's not just kids - there are some AFOLs that missed out the first time around - like me! Sure, the sets are still available to a certain extent via BrickLink or Ebay, but you're going to pay full price or more. New versions of previous sets at retail afford the opportunity to get them at BELOW retail due to sales/promotions (pretty much the only way I buy any sets). Long after it had been discontinued from retail, I found out about the V-Wing fighter and thought it was really cool. I've been looking for it at a good price for a while, but now there's an Imperial version coming out, so I might be able to get it for a good price if a good sale comes along.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:32 am

We'll probably see the oval shield rehashed in light bley as the cmf s3 elven shield. We'll also see the shield reintroduced in kingdom 2011. Probably. ;) don't take my word for it though.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:35 am

Hmmmmnnn, Blue droid bodies.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Oct 27, 2010 2:12 pm

I'll be in France next month. Is it worth getting them while I'm there or just wait? When do these sets come out in the states?

funnypeople
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by funnypeople » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:21 pm

slacker wrote:I'll be in France next month. Is it worth getting them while I'm there or just wait? When do these sets come out in the states?
Lego tends to be more expensive in europe so I would say wait. Should be out in 2011 but sometimes retailers (like tru) puts them out in december.

CadBane501
I'm New !

Post by CadBane501 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:06 pm

Hey i just noticed something about mace windus jedistarfighter...if u zoom in on it then the part on the box that shows the mini figs and look at the tactical droid on that part then look at who is on the speeder...maybe its just me but they do not really look the same :? could the mini fig on the speeder be someone else like watt tanbor?

Tactical_droid_TCW.jpg
120px-Tambor_Covetous.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Legopilot
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Legopilot » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:17 am

CadBane501 wrote:Hey i just noticed something about mace windus jedistarfighter...if u zoom in on it then the part on the box that shows the mini figs and look at the tactical droid on that part then look at who is on the speeder...maybe its just me but they do not really look the same :? could the mini fig on the speeder be someone else like watt tanbor?
Hard to tell right now but its still prelim so the actual pictures can be a little bit off.