Walmart winter/spring clearance 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by doodlebird » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:06 am

great thread. thanks for all the leads peoples. and i can't say this enough… the walmart app!!! from the comfort of your own couch at home, it tells you what stores have which sets, and it tells you the price IN THAT STORE. also, when you get to the store, you can scan stuff with it, so no marching around looking for the possibly functional price scanner box.

at norwood park, austin, tx -
i scored a $9 creator forest animals and two $15 TLM ice cream trucks. left on the shelf (in the clearance aisle, not the lego aisle) two copies of battle of smallville, which scanned at $25 each, but the boxes were a little rough AND my wallet was a little light. :)

condor
Knight
Knight

Post by condor » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:19 am

doodlebird wrote:great thread. thanks for all the leads peoples. and i can't say this enough… the walmart app!!! from the comfort of your own couch at home, it tells you what stores have which sets, and it tells you the price IN THAT STORE. also, when you get to the store, you can scan stuff with it, so no marching around looking for the possibly functional price scanner box.

at norwood park, austin, tx -
i scored a $9 creator forest animals and two $15 TLM ice cream trucks. left on the shelf (in the clearance aisle, not the lego aisle) two copies of battle of smallville, which scanned at $25 each, but the boxes were a little rough AND my wallet was a little light. :)
Thanks for the tip! I tried looking on the website for something like that, but I guess it only applies to the app.

logan5ive
I'm New !

Post by logan5ive » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:56 pm

Looking for the Cargo Train for $99 in the DFW area...anybody seen one at that price?

jerespresso
I'm New !

Post by jerespresso » Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:40 pm

First time posting here. :) What a great site!

Lots of Lego Friends sets on clearance at the WM near USF in Tampa.

Picked up the Pet Salon for $19 and the High School for $35.

Left behind the Hair Salon ($19), Emma's car ($11) and Mia's lemonade stand ($7).

Also saw a few, large but beat-up Chima, Hobbit and Juniors Police sets.

They also had Metal Beard's duel for $30, and lots of them.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:39 pm

I did the rounds and did very well. Some stores were really picked over, but still some good deals at a few stores. Here are the results.
25-35% off: I saw lots of Chima, Ninjago Ninjacopter and Mech Dragon, Duplo, Disney Princess, Joker Steam Roller, Milano spaceship, all of the newer TMNT sets, and Lego Movie Metalbeard. Almost no Star Wars or City.
I usually won't buy much at this price range, but I purchased the Metalbeard set for $25 since my kid really wants it.
50% or more:
Ultra Agents Hurricane Heist $35, the Hobbit Dol Gulder Ambush $7, Star Wars Microfighters $5, Chima Legend Beasts $5, Flying Phoenix Temple $59, Spinlyn's Cavern $19, Razars Raider $19, Scorpion Stinger $19, Braptor's Wing Striker $7, various Speedorz $5, Hero Factory Queen Beast $15, Lego Movie Flying Flusher $15 and a Technic Snowmobile for $9.
One store had 30% off already marked prices so I got the Ninjago Thunder Raider for $14 and a Super Heroes Joker Steamroller for $24.
The best was a store that had Benny's Spaceships in minty boxes for $49, so I got two.
There was also a Lord Buisness' Evil Lair, but it had a really crushed-up box. This super nice guy at the customer service counter let me open it up to make sure everything was there and gave it to me for $30 because of the condition. It was complete and my kid has already built it.
Best deals I've gotten at Walmart in a long time.
Last edited by Bystander on Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:39 pm

Be careful when using the app. It's a useful tool for telling you rough prices and inventory of nearby walmarts but it's not perfect. Today, my local market had the Chima Speedor scan up at $5 but the app was still saying it was $9.29. It also said a bunch of stuff was in-stock and on the shelves but the shelves were bare.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Tue Feb 10, 2015 5:42 pm

Bystander wrote:I did the rounds and did very well. Some stores were really picked over, but still some good deals at a few stores. Here are the results.
25-35% off: I saw lots of Chima, Ninjago Ninjacopter and Mech Dragon, Duplo, Disney Princess, Joker Steam Roller, Milano spaceship, all of the newer TMNT sets and Lego Movie Metalbeard. Almost no Star Wars or City.
I usually won't buy much at this price range, but I purchased the Metalbeard set for $25 since my kid really wants it.
50% or more:
Ultra Agents Hurricane Heist $35, the Hobbit Dol Gulder Ambush $7, Star Wars Microfighters $5, Chima Legend Beasts $5, Flying Phoenix Temple $59, Spinlyn's Cavern $19, Razars Raider $19, Scorpion Stinger $19, Braptor's Wing Striker $7, various Speedorz $5, Hero Factory Queen Beast $15, Lego Movie Flying Flusher $15 and a Technic Snowmobile for $9.
One store had 30% off already marked prices so I got the Ninjago Thunder Raider for $14 and a Super Heroes Joker Steamroller for $24.
The best was a store that had Benny's Spaceships in minty boxes for $49 so I got two.
There was also a Lord Buisness' Evil Lair, but it had a really crushed-up box. This super nice guy at the customer service counter let me open it up to make sure everything was there and gave it to me for $30 because of the condition. It was complete and my kid has already built it.
Best deals I've gotten at Walmart in a long time.
I would have love to have gotten Benny's Spaceship and the Steamroller for 50%. Were there any left? Any chance you want to pick them up and ship them to me without the boxes. I'll PM you.

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by KrashX » Tue Feb 10, 2015 6:09 pm

videriant wrote:Be careful when using the app. It's a useful tool for telling you rough prices and inventory of nearby walmarts but it's not perfect. Today, my local market had the Chima Speedor scan up at $5 but the app was still saying it was $9.29. It also said a bunch of stuff was in-stock and on the shelves but the shelves were bare.
how accurate would you say the app is? Like 75%

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LegoImagination » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:31 pm

LegoImagination wrote:
minifigW wrote:
LegoImagination wrote:I looked in my two south orange county, CA, Walmarts, and I found nothing. The Walmart toy guy said no Lego has been put on clearance.

Frustrating.
That's a lie, I live in your area (laguna neguel/ aliso Viejo) and there's tons of clearance, try the Walmart in irvine (technology drive) they had tons of stuff..
Thanks, I will have to try that location. :)
OK, I looked again, this time I took a list of the ones everyone else found. Turns out that they had just marked the clearance Lego on the shelves that day, i.e. added the clearance tags. Many tags but many empty spots. Also at this location the deals were not as good, say 20% rather than 50% on some things. I did pick up the creator twinblade adventures 31020 for $15.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:33 pm

KrashX wrote:
videriant wrote:Be careful when using the app. It's a useful tool for telling you rough prices and inventory of nearby walmarts but it's not perfect. Today, my local market had the Chima Speedor scan up at $5 but the app was still saying it was $9.29. It also said a bunch of stuff was in-stock and on the shelves but the shelves were bare.
how accurate would you say the app is? Like 75%
It depends, sometimes if it's in stock online it will show the online price instead of the store price, but if it's out of stock online, then it will show the in store price.

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:37 pm

LegoImagination wrote:
LegoImagination wrote:
minifigW wrote:
LegoImagination wrote:I looked in my two south orange county, CA, Walmarts, and I found nothing. The Walmart toy guy said no Lego has been put on clearance.

Frustrating.
That's a lie, I live in your area (laguna neguel/ aliso Viejo) and there's tons of clearance, try the Walmart in irvine (technology drive) they had tons of stuff..
OK, I looked again, this time I took a list of the ones everyone else found. Turns out that they had just marked the clearance Lego on the shelves that day, i.e. added the clearance tags. Many tags but many empty spots. Also at this location the deals were not as good, say 20% rather than 50% on some things. I did pick up the creator twinblade adventures 31020 for $15.
That location is in a more upper class area, but I have at least found stuff there consistently.. PS, they will also mark stuff down constantly, I found a pirate ship ambush there that went from retail to 74 then to 50 in three days, so check back often (but leave some for me! :lol: )

unduli
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by unduli » Tue Feb 10, 2015 10:50 pm

I stopped by a store today and didn't find anything, but just ordered two supposedly in-stock BARC Speeders at the same location for $13 each. I love the app but often find it doesn't have very many sets. Is that a common problem or do I just have my filters set wrong?

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LegoImagination » Wed Feb 11, 2015 1:42 am

minifigW wrote:
LegoImagination wrote:
LegoImagination wrote:
minifigW wrote:

Frustrating.
That location is in a more upper class area, but I have at least found stuff there consistently.. PS, they will also mark stuff down constantly, I found a pirate ship ambush there that went from retail to 74 then to 50 in three days, so check back often (but leave some for me! :lol: )
I don't think that will be a problem. I am picky on sets, and I don't get out that often. Thanks for the heads up. :)

flash0222
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by flash0222 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:20 am

logan5ive wrote:Looking for the Cargo Train for $99 in the DFW area...anybody seen one at that price?
You and me both :)

I don't understand why it's not even listed on the walmart website anymore, not like it's a retired set.
I been looking in the Roanoke / Grapevine area with no luck :(

#EDIT Nevermind, I can find it on the website and in the app, but not by searching for it :(
Last edited by flash0222 on Wed Feb 11, 2015 8:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:31 am

KrashX wrote: What stores did you go to? specific ones please :) Thanks!+
I recommend you hit the ones up on 4, antioch and pittsburgh. They are usually good and there's several in a cluster, but I don't have time for the drive this year. Don't bother with any WMs in the south bay or tri-valley unless it's right next to your house and you can stop in easily.I've never bought a single set from any of them.

Antioch once yielded me a massive haul of Pharaoh;s Quest sets at pennies on the dollar. Those were the days when it was worth driving 150 miles in a day with $500 in your pocket to hit 10 walmarts. But those days are long gone in the Bay Area.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Wed Feb 11, 2015 9:36 am

I've yet to figure out the rhyme or reason for the prices listed on the app.

The first page is pretty obvious. It'll tell you the online price and the price at your store (correct?). But then when you pick "More Stores" for nearby stores I've seen it where the price is different. The search function is hit or miss to. If I search "Lego Something" the item may show up waaaaay down the list or not at all and it's not necessarily based on in or OOS.

guppy
I'm New !

Post by guppy » Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:56 pm

Scored the Milano for $20!!!

logan5ive
I'm New !

Post by logan5ive » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:18 pm

guppy wrote:Scored the Milano for $20!!!
Nice! Where?

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant

Post by KrashX » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:01 pm

ninjagoyo wrote:
KrashX wrote: What stores did you go to? specific ones please :) Thanks!+
I recommend you hit the ones up on 4, antioch and pittsburgh. They are usually good and there's several in a cluster, but I don't have time for the drive this year. Don't bother with any WMs in the south bay or tri-valley unless it's right next to your house and you can stop in easily.I've never bought a single set from any of them.

Antioch once yielded me a massive haul of Pharaoh;s Quest sets at pennies on the dollar. Those were the days when it was worth driving 150 miles in a day with $500 in your pocket to hit 10 walmarts. But those days are long gone in the Bay Area.
Thanks! unfortunately I live in the Tri-Valley so my WM aren't great, but I'll make sure to plan a road trip up there. now don't take all the clearance :)

minifigW
Knight
Knight

Post by minifigW » Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:58 pm

guppy wrote:Scored the Milano for $20!!!
nice! i saw someone get the same deal on instagram, also at walmart