Walmart winter/spring clearance 2015

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Post Reply
legogod
Knight
Knight
Posts: 361
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:49 am
Location: Eastern Connecticut

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by legogod » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:07 pm

Came home tonight to two 70725 Nindroid Mechdragons tonight. I believe my wife paid 25 each even though they were stickered at 40. Cool set and a good price if you find them. Not sure if it was Brooklyn or Putnam.

Jared

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:10 am

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by LegoImagination » Sat Feb 07, 2015 2:49 pm

I looked in my two south orange county, CA, Walmarts, and I found nothing. The Walmart toy guy said no Lego has been put on clearance.

Frustrating.

craan
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 58
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2014 8:23 pm

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by craan » Sat Feb 07, 2015 4:30 pm

found a flying flusher for $15, and a Superman Battle of Smallville for $25 (they were mixed with full priced stuff with no stickers)

User avatar
StClair
Count
Count
Posts: 1239
Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:25 pm
Location: KY (US)
Contact:

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by StClair » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:37 pm

London, KY wal-mart:
$15 LEGO Movie Ice Cream Machine 70804 clearance price (50% off)
$5 Chima Lion Legend Beast 70123 clearance price (50% off)
$7 Chima Braptor's Wing Striker 70128 Clearance price (50% off)

Several LEGO items were not as low as 50% yet. LEGO Movie Lord Business Evil Lair was in the clearance aisle but wasn't marked down yet (at all).

logan5ive
I'm New !
Posts: 15
Joined: Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:44 pm

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by logan5ive » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:27 pm

Always scan if you can. Sometimes the sticker price doesn't get updated.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count
Posts: 2212
Joined: Tue Dec 28, 2010 5:59 pm
Location: USA

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Feb 07, 2015 9:48 pm

logan5ive wrote:Always scan if you can. Sometimes the sticker price doesn't get updated.
Walmart clearance always has several sets that will be on clearance, in the clearance sets and only be 3 cents off the normal price.

hewhocaves
I'm New !
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:41 am
Location: west virginia

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by hewhocaves » Sat Feb 07, 2015 10:01 pm

I lucked out and picked up 70728 - Battle for Ninjago City for $59.99 at my local WalMart :)

zmw92
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen
Posts: 85
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:33 am
Location: United States

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by zmw92 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 1:59 am

Just a Metalbeards Duel for $25 reg $35 so 30% off? Not great but I've wanted the set for a while,and for 412pieces its not too bad

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by KrashX » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:27 am

does anyone living in the Bay Area, CA, know any walmart clearance? If so, could u plz tell me some specific stores? Thanks!

minifigW
Knight
Knight
Posts: 350
Joined: Sat Sep 13, 2014 3:50 pm

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by minifigW » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:58 am

LegoImagination wrote:I looked in my two south orange county, CA, Walmarts, and I found nothing. The Walmart toy guy said no Lego has been put on clearance.

Frustrating.
That's a lie, I live in your area (laguna neguel/ aliso Viejo) and there's tons of clearance, try the Walmart in irvine (technology drive) they had tons of stuff..

jeffrey
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 24
Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:37 pm
Location: USA

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by jeffrey » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:40 am

Oddly enough, I scanned three sets and they all were 50% off on the scanner. When I get to the self check out they all rang up at the previous 25%-ish prices listed on the boxes.

Odd?

kor
I'm New !
Posts: 8
Joined: Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:11 pm
Location: Ohio

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by kor » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:25 am

Between two different Walmarts I found a crap ton of Chima sets and one lonely Battle of Smallville.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by videriant » Sun Feb 08, 2015 3:08 pm

jeffrey wrote:Oddly enough, I scanned three sets and they all were 50% off on the scanner. When I get to the self check out they all rang up at the previous 25%-ish prices listed on the boxes.

Odd?
That is very odd. I"ve seen the opposite, where they put a different sticker with it's own barcode on the package and scanning that will ring up the price. But that bar code does not work with the scanner system.

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:10 am

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by LegoImagination » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:06 pm

Well, I tried yet another Walmart. This time I found 70725 Ninjadroid dragon for $30, not $25 as someone else found. They had about six left. Also found 70133 Chima spider web one for $19, which I did not buy. Prices where not marked reduced, had to use scanner.

LegoImagination
Citizen
Citizen
Posts: 45
Joined: Tue Nov 18, 2014 1:10 am

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by LegoImagination » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:08 pm

minifigW wrote:
LegoImagination wrote:I looked in my two south orange county, CA, Walmarts, and I found nothing. The Walmart toy guy said no Lego has been put on clearance.

Frustrating.
That's a lie, I live in your area (laguna neguel/ aliso Viejo) and there's tons of clearance, try the Walmart in irvine (technology drive) they had tons of stuff..
Thanks, I will have to try that location. :)

User avatar
anakinisvader
Knight
Knight
Posts: 495
Joined: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:06 pm
Location: Fort Worth, TX

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by anakinisvader » Sun Feb 08, 2015 9:47 pm

Remember to go out of your way to hit the "ghetto" Wallies. Many times you will find better clearance in them. And possible the measles but that is saved for another topic/thread.
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 11:38 am
Location: usa

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by ninjagoyo » Sun Feb 08, 2015 11:24 pm

KrashX wrote:does anyone living in the Bay Area, CA, know any walmart clearance? If so, could u plz tell me some specific stores? Thanks!
I didn't have much luck.
My big score was a Spinlyn's Cavern for $8. That was a wacky one. They had a big metal freight cart of toys out in the middle of the clothing section (?) with amateurishly printed signs saying "Extra 50% off clearance". Never seen that at a WM before, that's a Kmart thing. I grabbed a bunch of Speedorz for less than $5 each. Good parts.

But the LEGO pickings were slim everywhere I went. Nothing scanned below its listed price, and I tried all the sets mentioned in this thread. Only one had an actual storewide Clearance aisle going and there were no toys in it. ABout half to one full aisle in the toy sections was devoted to clearance in each, but almost no lego in there and Lots of MB/Knex not marked down enough to be interesting yet.

I think after V-Day they will open up clearance storewide because they will have to dump all that seasonal merch. Maybe then there will be a new wave of lego clearance. But I don't think it's going to be a fruitful season, the LEGO shelves are still 80% wiped and only partially reset with new product in all the WMs I visited. I didn't hit day after christmas this year but it must have gone then, because they were all wiped already on NY.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 137
Joined: Fri Feb 25, 2011 12:35 pm

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by videriant » Mon Feb 09, 2015 8:39 am

anakinisvader wrote:Remember to go out of your way to hit the "ghetto" Wallies. Many times you will find better clearance in them. And possible the measles but that is saved for another topic/thread.
I say you have to balance it. Popular, busy WM's have good selection but are bad at clearances (you check too often for measly 15-20%). Ghetto WM's clearance faster but their stores are a lot smaller and the original inventory never that high to begin with (you blink, you miss). You want a WM's that just out of the way enough but not ghetto-way. :-D

When I did my LA (Louisiana not Los Angeles) road trip last week the WM's right off of I-10 had maybe 2-3 clearance items. The ones I got my big scores at were about 5 miles off I-10.

KrashX
Peasant
Peasant
Posts: 29
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:33 pm

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by KrashX » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:05 pm

ninjagoyo wrote:
KrashX wrote:does anyone living in the Bay Area, CA, know any walmart clearance? If so, could u plz tell me some specific stores? Thanks!
I didn't have much luck.
My big score was a Spinlyn's Cavern for $8. That was a wacky one. They had a big metal freight cart of toys out in the middle of the clothing section (?) with amateurishly printed signs saying "Extra 50% off clearance". Never seen that at a WM before, that's a Kmart thing. I grabbed a bunch of Speedorz for less than $5 each. Good parts.

But the LEGO pickings were slim everywhere I went. Nothing scanned below its listed price, and I tried all the sets mentioned in this thread. Only one had an actual storewide Clearance aisle going and there were no toys in it. ABout half to one full aisle in the toy sections was devoted to clearance in each, but almost no lego in there and Lots of MB/Knex not marked down enough to be interesting yet.

I think after V-Day they will open up clearance storewide because they will have to dump all that seasonal merch. Maybe then there will be a new wave of lego clearance. But I don't think it's going to be a fruitful season, the LEGO shelves are still 80% wiped and only partially reset with new product in all the WMs I visited. I didn't hit day after christmas this year but it must have gone then, because they were all wiped already on NY.
What stores did you go to? specific ones please :) Thanks!+

dehnehsu
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Jan 15, 2011 12:12 am
Location: Bay Area, Calif.

Re: Walmart winter clearance

Post by dehnehsu » Tue Feb 10, 2015 12:39 am

KrashX wrote:does anyone living in the Bay Area, CA, know any walmart clearance? If so, could u plz tell me some specific stores? Thanks!
Mountain View Walmart never seems to have anything. There were a few Lego $19.99 Disney Princess sets on the clearance Isle at the back of the store (near the Electronics dept.) but they scanned full price.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 42 guests