TARGET Buy $49+ Set get free mini figures

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Brick & Blue
Count
Count

TARGET Buy $49+ Set get free mini figures

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:30 am

So this week Target has in there ad you get a free mini figure box with at least a NinjaGo and Chima figures if you buy only one set $49 or $49.99 or more. Not a combined total. Maybe combined totals work online.

http://www.target.com/p/mini-figure-gif ... Slot=_1_20

This is the set you get. How many mini figures would 30 pieces be?

cjedwards47
I'm New !

Re: TARGET Buy $49+ Set get free mini figures

Post by cjedwards47 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:13 am

There seem to be 17 pieces in the two sides of the box that are visible, so I'd guess four figs total.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:38 am

Is it the first time those mini figure stand pieces are in white?

I wonder what the other sides are? One would probably be Ultra Agents.

legobricks
Peasant
Peasant

Post by legobricks » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:48 am

I was guessing the other two must be from Super Heroes and City since you need to buy Chima, Super Heroes, City or Ninjago to get it. Or you can just buy it online at target.com for $15.

jeffrey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jeffrey » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:25 pm

I just got one from the only Target in my area with them in stock.

There are four minifigures: Red suited with red cape Lavertus, green ninja, Superman in blue pants with a black "S" short sleeve t-shirt, and a city swamp cop.

From what I can tell, looking at the Brickset minifig database, all of these figures are unique to this box except for the swamp cop.

Also, the minifig stand plates are light gray, not white.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:28 pm

jeffrey wrote:... Superman in blue pants with a black "S" short sleeve t-shirt....
That's Superboy ;)

Thanks for posting what the other 2 figs are :)

Umbra-Manis
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Umbra-Manis » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:31 pm

Dragon Green ninja! Now I have to buy this.

jeffrey
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jeffrey » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:45 pm

The best I can describe the green ninja is that it is this one, but green with gold armor and two gold swards.

http://brickset.com/minifigs/njo009/Kai-DX-Dragon-Suit

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Sun Nov 30, 2014 1:50 pm

jeffrey wrote:The best I can describe the green ninja is that it is this one, but green with gold armor and two gold swards.

http://brickset.com/minifigs/njo009/Kai-DX-Dragon-Suit
Darn was hoping to pass on this set but now I will have to head and pick one up, love the dragon printing.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Nov 30, 2014 5:06 pm

Here is the details online:
"FREE Mini Figures set with $50 purchase of select LEGO

Receive a free LEGO Mini Figures Gift Set with a qualifying minimum purchase of $50 or more select LEGO City, Chima, Ninjago, or Super Heroes items. Quantities limited. Limit one redemption per household. Not valid on previous orders. If the free gift item is in stock, the item will automatically be added to the order. If the free item is no longer in stock, it will not be listed in your order. If a qualifying item in your order is returned, your refund value will be reduced by the prorated discount amount of the free item. Free item may ship separately. Offer expires 12/6/2014 at 11:59pm PT."

I would assume that it must be one select item of $50 or more but many sets list the deal and they are less than $50 which makes me wonder if it will work with a combined purchase of $50 . I added 2 Riddler Chase sets to my cart and the promo shows up. Maybe they won't ship it though?.... hm I may try it anyway.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:19 pm

I've spent entirely too much lately with the many deals and buying presents for others. I chose to not purchase $50 or more. Then I couldn't resist... I was drawn back to the computer to try to find pictures of Superboy and I decided to place an order for just the minifigures ($15.90 with tax included).

Here is pics of both Superboy and the forest/swamp ranger minfigure found on FBTB: http://www.fbtb.net/forums/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=11002

and picture of Superboy.. ImageSuperboy by Pellaeon, on Flickr

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:31 pm

Stopped by mine, and as luck would have it they won't get them in before Tuesday. They already have the signs up, though. Disappointing.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:38 pm

brickster90 wrote:Stopped by mine, and as luck would have it they won't get them in before Tuesday. They already have the signs up, though. Disappointing.
Shipping is currently free

brickster90
Knight
Knight

Post by brickster90 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 6:52 pm

I will take advantage of that. But, you know, I just wanted some NOW. :)

BrickFan1982
Citizen
Citizen

Post by BrickFan1982 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:19 pm

I went online and placed 2 separate orders of 2 sets, so 4 total (There is a limit of 2 sets per person/purchase online, so I had to place one order under my wife's name and card). I'm keeping one for myself and hopefully sell the other three to get some money to buy discounted sets or minifigures the day after Xmas, or the Pirate sets in January. I hope Green Ninja is still popular with the kids like 2 years ago!!!

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sun Nov 30, 2014 8:35 pm

All the Target stores in my area didn't get it in time by the distributor. My target store was replacing the free item with LEGO Star Wars Battle on Saleucami 75037 or LEGO City Arctic Ice Crawler 60033. They said they will get the free item sometime this week.

jmeninno
Knight
Knight

Post by jmeninno » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:32 pm

Anyone having any luck using the "find it in a nearby store" feature, for the minifigure set? I wonder if the website won't tell me until they receive them on their shipment receiving day?...there are none in New England it seems...

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Dec 01, 2014 1:28 am

jmeninno wrote:Anyone having any luck using the "find it in a nearby store" feature, for the minifigure set? I wonder if the website won't tell me until they receive them on their shipment receiving day?...there are none in New England it seems...
Rumour is they get them in Tuesday, which is an epic fail.

Weekly ad it says you get the free thing when you spend $49 on a single LEGO set, and then shows $49+ dollar sets, but online it's a bunch of sets well below $49 and if you get over it the set is automatically added.

If I had the money I'd buy some sets because they are already on discount and I have a feeling that the Superboy will be selling for $10-$15+ by the end of the year.

videriant
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by videriant » Mon Dec 01, 2014 2:26 am

Put in two orders and got the free item added. A third order does not add the free item.

Got the Ninjago Mechdragon. A lot of the Ninjago's are on sale for 20-30% already. Most of the Chima sets are at 20%.

poniemomo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by poniemomo » Mon Dec 01, 2014 12:28 pm

There are sets in store that are not online that are part of the promotion, the big Guardians of the Galaxy Milano and the X-men Sentinel sets both had promo tags (both MSRP). Went ahead and got the X-men set since I have been wanting that, might go back and get the Batman Joker steamroller since that is also on my list.