LEGO Jurassic World Sets 2015 Rumor

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Jurassic World Sets 2015 Rumor

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:14 pm

There's currently rumors circulating regarding a possible new theme known as LEGO Jurassic Park. The theme will be based on the new upcoming movie Jurassic World. This movie will be released next summer in June 2015. Eurobricks member Hulk_Smash reports seeing the retailers catalogue and claims that there would 5 LEGO Jurrasic World sets.

There are no pictures or set numbers yet so this is still a rumor.

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-jurassic-world-sets-rumor/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: LEGO Jurassic World Sets 2015 Rumor

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Aug 25, 2014 12:15 am

While this is probably true my only issue with the news is why no set details, like what do the five sets look like, but also why would they be in catalog for 2015 when they will come out 10-11 months from now? You would think only Winter 2015 sets would in the catalog.

And just think of the prices. The regular dino sets cost more because of the dinosaurs, then it's a license on top of that.

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:56 am

Sounds like some great fun to me!
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

Lego-runner
I'm New !

Post by Lego-runner » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:05 am

While I don't remember the details I heard Chris Pratt made some comment about his involvement in the movie and their being Legos sets

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:22 pm

Brick & Blue wrote:
And just think of the prices. The regular dino sets cost more because of the dinosaurs, then it's a license on top of that.
My guess is the molds will be reused, so cost would be less to produce. But of course just speculation. :mrgreen:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Aug 25, 2014 3:57 pm

ncbarrett wrote:
Brick & Blue wrote:
My guess is the molds will be reused, so cost would be less to produce. But of course just speculation. :mrgreen:

The molds have been used a few times now, for the Dino Attack / Dino 2010 and then the last one which I think was just called Dino. However the newer sets still cost a lot. Just think with such massive pieces how many fit in a molding tray.

However I rather have expensive dinosaur sets than none at all. Just like I rather have bad Jurassic Park movies than none at all.

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:43 pm

Huge fan of "jurassic park" Huge fan of Legos. You do the math!

TheGlynreaper
I'm New !

Post by TheGlynreaper » Sun Sep 28, 2014 10:15 am

I guess if the plot details about the film is true then the biggest set would probably be a 800-1000 piece version of the new park

Blackorange
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Blackorange » Sun Sep 28, 2014 4:12 pm

Dino (hunters) had all new molds. Though those will undoubtedly be utilised for any Jurassic world sets. And with a small number of new parts combined to create other dino's. Dino (hunters) had the best dinos yet and with different colours and deco they'll be perfect. Though as it's a licensed theme I doubt the sets themselves will be up to much. Brick count will be fairly low. I don't mind that though. I have enough bricks to build what I want architecturally. It's the critters and minifigures i can't create and thankfully lego do those really well. Keeping the focus on them in sets would please me an awful lot.

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Wed Oct 01, 2014 1:24 am

The Dino (hunter) series lacked *baby* Dinosaurs ( e.g. Friends pet mold size) - every Lego DINO dinosaur mold was of an adult dinosaur ready to bit off a minifigure's head.... A Jurassic World Accessory Pack set might correct this oversight with a baby Dinosaur or two, some dinosaur eggs, a Jurassic World incubator and a curious paleontologist...wondering is this a baby Raptor in my hand??? :-)

greanie2011
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by greanie2011 » Fri Oct 03, 2014 4:43 pm

Anyone heard any updated news on this rumor?