LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by Mantisking » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:50 pm

Not sure if anyone cares, but I saw a box by the registers at Borders in Nashua, NH.

vman100
Citizen
Citizen

Post by vman100 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:04 am

I saw a pretty full box at Borders in Herndon VA but they were $3.99 each!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:46 pm

Lego in West Nyack, NY had a bunch. $1.99

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:19 pm

calgary lego store has them agian, and there are spartans left! :o

Legoliner Pilot
I'm New !

Post by Legoliner Pilot » Wed Oct 06, 2010 6:00 pm

Spotted two complete boxes by the cash register in the Fort Lauderdale, Florida Borders bookstore. I took all the Spartans, which was three per box as always. Left with six of them.

The price was crazy: $3.99 USD? It was very expensive!

Note to all people looking for the minfigures at Borders Bookstores: The minifgs are NOT in the kids section, but rather by the tills/cash registers.

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:09 pm

i went to TRU Vancouver today and they still have a small bucket of them.
All of them are commons and nothing to note.

Will go again tomorrow for a final look cause I was in a rush today.

slow1234
I'm New !

Post by slow1234 » Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:43 am

I went to the Victoria WalMart Supercenter yesterday. I hadn't been there since I found the figures at Mayfair TRU. It looks like the WalMart did eventually get the figures in, but they are sold out now.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:15 pm

if you thought borders' mark up was excessive...tru is now up to $4.99. i just went to get a magnet figure and spotted the new price.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:17 pm

Legoliner Pilot wrote:Note to all people looking for the minfigures at Borders Bookstores: The minifgs are NOT in the kids section, but rather by the tills/cash registers.
Not always true. I went to Borders in The Atrium mall in Newton, MA. They had a box of minifigs in with the Lego in the kids section. They're also charging $3.99 per fig.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:56 am

natelite wrote:if you thought borders' mark up was excessive...tru is now up to $4.99. i just went to get a magnet figure and spotted the new price.
Yeah I saw that yesterday when I was picking up my free lego halloween bag and free minifigure week 2.

Website still has them at $2.99 tho, but i'm really not sure how they calculate their shipping charges. I put 60 in there and it gave me like $120+ bucks for shipping..

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... kw=4403308

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:49 am

oocaleb101oo wrote:
natelite wrote:if you thought borders' mark up was excessive...tru is now up to $4.99. i just went to get a magnet figure and spotted the new price.
Yeah I saw that yesterday when I was picking up my free lego halloween bag and free minifigure week 2.

Website still has them at $2.99 tho, but i'm really not sure how they calculate their shipping charges. I put 60 in there and it gave me like $120+ bucks for shipping..

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... kw=4403308
the employees got tired of counting by 60s during the last round of S2. :roll: :lol: this is an attempt to discourage people from buying in bulk

AriGold
I'm New !

Post by AriGold » Wed Oct 13, 2010 3:08 pm

Just a heads up for those of you who are in Calgary,

They have series two minifigs and a bunch of Harry Potters sets at London Drugs Off of Country hills in the Royal Oak area.

Prices for the figs are $2.99 and the HP sets are the same as Lego.ca

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:24 pm

AriGold wrote:Just a heads up for those of you who are in Calgary,

They have series two minifigs and a bunch of Harry Potters sets at London Drugs Off of Country hills in the Royal Oak area.

They have figures at London Drugs? :shock: Their selection sucks so I'm very suprise to even see harry potter, not to mention collectable figures.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 11:36 am

AriGold wrote:Just a heads up for those of you who are in Calgary,

I could confirm that London Drugs does carry CMS2 and find them at all of my local London Drugs in Vancouver. I am very surprised when I saw them at London Drugs this morning. The box was just left at the shelf. Not like stupid TRU, there isn't any restriction in purchase limit. It is now a good/last chance to collect the full set from local retailer if you haven't got one. I believe Wal-Mart will not get anymore, coz' they just loaded 2010 CITY Advent Calendar on the shelf but no CMS2.

BTW, no Harry Potters set was found at London Drugs.

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:38 pm

legohunter wrote: I could confirm that London Drugs does carry CMS2 and find them at all of my local London Drugs in Vancouver. I am very surprised when I saw them at London Drugs this morning. The box was just left at the shelf. Not like stupid TRU, there isn't any restriction in purchase limit. It is now a good/last chance to collect the full set from local retailer if you haven't got one. I believe Wal-Mart will not get anymore, coz' they just loaded 2010 CITY Advent Calendar on the shelf but no CMS2.

Where are the minifigures placed in London Drugs? I went to 2 of them and none had them. I did find some other deals which I posted in the other forum.

Also saw lots of the 2010 advent calendar at walmart for $38.93.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Oct 14, 2010 4:27 pm

strongholds wrote:
legohunter wrote: I could confirm that London Drugs does carry CMS2 and find them at all of my local London Drugs in Vancouver. I am very surprised when I saw them at London Drugs this morning. The box was just left at the shelf. Not like stupid TRU, there isn't any restriction in purchase limit. It is now a good/last chance to collect the full set from local retailer if you haven't got one. I believe Wal-Mart will not get anymore, coz' they just loaded 2010 CITY Advent Calendar on the shelf but no CMS2.

Where are the minifigures placed in London Drugs? I went to 2 of them and none had them. I did find some other deals which I posted in the other forum.

Also saw lots of the 2010 advent calendar at walmart for $38.93.
London Drugs is now in the middle of preparing Christmas sale by getting more toys. Because toy section was too small, the store has kept them and CMS2 at seasonal aisle , which is located at the central area of the store. Good luck with your hunting.

darknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by darknight » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:35 pm

$4.99 for a figure!!! TRU is insane for jacking it up to that price! :evil: :evil: I hate TRU. I don't get that why they want to be the most expensive retailer by selling stuff at the most expensive price compared to other retailers by beating Border's $4 price and Target's $3 price. (when the actual price should be $2 in the first place) :evil:

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:19 pm

Thank you guys so much for telling me that they had the CMS 2 at London Drugs, I went when the store opened and guess what... two freshly opened boxes of minifigures! I was so happy when I saw that! :D I got myself 2 Spartans, 2 pop stars, and 1 disco. Now I have a complete collection of the series 2! Thank you to the wonderful memebers of Toys and Bricks for posting this news!

~Legobrandon

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:10 am

darknight wrote:
$4.99 for a figure!!! TRU is insane for jacking it up to that price! :evil: :evil: I hate TRU. I don't get that why they want to be the most expensive retailer by selling stuff at the most expensive price compared to other retailers by beating Border's $4 price and Target's $3 price. (when the actual price should be $2 in the first place) :evil:
They have quite the bad business strategy. This is what I think Toys R Us does when considering their mark ups. They know that they are pretty much the biggest toy chain around, at least they are in the US. They know that they have the biggest selection, and with that selection they know that adults aren't likely to shop around for better prices when they have such a selection. Unfortunately for them, when it come to LEGO, there's a huge adult market with likely a limited budget so we will shop around. We know that Toys R Us will have the better selection but we know that the money we could save is more beneficial to us than choices.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 am

legitimatealex wrote:They have quite the bad business strategy. This is what I think Toys R Us does when considering their mark ups. They know that they are pretty much the biggest toy chain around, at least they are in the US. They know that they have the biggest selection, and with that selection they know that adults aren't likely to shop around for better prices when they have such a selection. Unfortunately for them, when it come to LEGO, there's a huge adult market with likely a limited budget so we will shop around. We know that Toys R Us will have the better selection but we know that the money we could save is more beneficial to us than choices.
Reminds me of a short conversation I had with a TRU employeee the other day. My local TRU has #8996 Skopio XV-1 on clearance for ~$57. I asked if I could use a 20% off (regular price) coupon on it as well. I knew it wasn't going to happen but I had to try. The employee of course said "no." I said I was hoping for "yes." Theemployee then said that TRU had already taken $20 off the original price and that if they allowed the 20%, TRU wouldn't make any money. I almost laughed at that.