The Dark Knight Tumbler UCS LEGO Set

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

The Dark Knight Tumbler UCS LEGO Set

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Jul 20, 2014 3:34 pm

USAToday has leaked info regarding the exclusive upcoming LEGO UCS Dark Knight Tumbler set that would be officially revealed at the San Diego Comic Con 2014. The set contains 1869 pieces and will be priced at $199 USD.

Following the pop-culture convention, which runs through July 27, the Tumbler toy (1,869 pieces, $199) goes on sale. Measuring 15 inches tall and 9 inches wide, the LEGO Tumbler has an armored exterior, adjustable wings, a detailed interior (with a console screen that reads "INTIMIDATE") and oversized rubber-tread tires. It also comes with a fact sheet about the vehicle from the movies.

If you're into character mini-figures, the stars of the set are a Christian Bale-styled Batman and the Joker, the first time Heath Ledger's The Dark Knight take on the villain has appeared in LEGO form.

New LEGO Dark Knight Minifigures!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/the-dark-knight- ... -lego-set/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Re: The Dark Knight Tumbler UCS LEGO Set

Post by Brick & Blue » Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:47 pm

The Joker is amazing!

DarthPaka
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: The Dark Knight Tumbler UCS LEG O Set

Post by DarthPaka » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:16 pm

I wonder if they have reversible heads?

The Tumbler is nice too! :mrgreen:

Buttmunch
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Buttmunch » Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:53 pm

The Joker definitely does as the close up pic of he and Batman has no teeth showing like the other pics. I'm sure Batman is the same old Batman head they keep using, so probably nothing new on his other side.

sketchman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by sketchman » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:43 pm

What that Joker...but can't spend 200 for 1 figure...

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:45 pm

So is there anything left for lego to reveal at Comic Con? :lol: Seems like every important item that comes from comic con has been revealed already.

I do like the set. It is nice to finally get a super hero exclusive. My only complaint is that it is 5 years old. I wish we could have had something like a wayne mansion or maybe the justice league space station type set. Oh well. Joker is extremely well done.

omalak
Citizen
Citizen

Post by omalak » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:09 am

My wife showed me this while I was watching TV. I brushed it off because she said"hey look it's a new batman model". I replied I don't collect super heros. Then I saw it myself and was floored that it is a UCS lol. .

I love the model it will definitely make a great display peice!

The Joker figure also looks great!

Can't wait!!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Jul 21, 2014 1:42 am

mattlee1965 wrote:So is there anything left for lego to reveal at Comic Con? :lol: Seems like every important item that comes from comic con has been revealed already.

I do like the set. It is nice to finally get a super hero exclusive. My only complaint is that it is 5 years old. I wish we could have had something like a wayne mansion or maybe the justice league space station type set. Oh well. Joker is extremely well done.

They will probably reveal the last of the Hobbit sets, and a 2015 Super Hero set.

gschubert
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by gschubert » Mon Jul 21, 2014 4:52 am

For two hundred bucks it should be a remote control vehicle ... and the person driving the vehicle would have the pleasure of rebuilding it several times. :)

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Mon Jul 21, 2014 6:16 am

The Tumbler and Mr. J is cool, but ......

I think shopper who will spend $200 should deserve a Batman minifig with leg printing !!! For $200, I hope this Tumbler bigger than 10220 Volkswagen T1 Camper Van !?

By looking at this vehicle in black, my mind come up with the tower in black. I keep thinking 10237 Tower of Orthanc is not worth $200 so I hold back. Both are licensed set, but this vehicle is worse than 10237 in terms of MSRP and number of minifigs.

StClair
Count
Count

Post by StClair » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:13 am

Its already listed on LEGO shop@home with release date shown to be Sept 1. There's a few photo's including one of the interior and a 2:33 video with the LEGO designer

Its listed under DC Comics Superheroes Theme