LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by natelite » Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:50 pm

i just went to TRU for the bogo sale and i happen to stop by a nearby walmart...and low and behold...i managed to see the CMF s2. :D lucky me. unfortunately for you all, i didn't bring my cellphone with me, so i didn't snap a pic of how it looks like. anyway, to describe, it's 5x3 pigeonhole box: that's 5 rows and 3 columns. each hole holds 8 bags. so that's 8x5x3 = 120 bags. the box is not that beautiful. i much rather get the normal version box. the box is white and is hanged on an endcap hook, with all the mf bags hanging in the little pigeonholes.

good luck looking for them, since wally and 5below are the only ones selling at msrp now! target is now up to $2.99. i just bought a bunch from there too. :lol: spartans of course!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:08 am

Now available in Vancouver TRU. I accidently stopped by TRU today and found them at check-out counter. Each sold at $2.99 plus tax, and each customer is allowed to take 3 bags only. I picked the last Pop Star, and Vampire. No Skier, Pharaoh, Spartan, and Disco DJ were found.

The sale representative told me that they had started selling CMS2 last week, and two boxes have been gone already. As mentioned above, each customer could only take 3 bags. If 2 boxes were gone, then there should be a lot of people picked up the minifigures from TRU. However, nobody from Vancovuer mentioned their discovery in here. I wonder if it is true that no people who live in Vancouver visit this forum, or they are too selfish/lazy to report the news.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:56 am

legohunter wrote:.... I wonder if it is true that no people who live in Vancouver visit this forum, or they are too selfish/lazy to report the news.
How many people live in Vancouver? :D
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:00 am

natelite wrote:
good luck looking for them, since wally and 5below are the only ones selling at msrp now! target is now up to $2.99. i just bought a bunch from there too. :lol: spartans of course!
You could always buy a few more at $1.99 and return them to Target to "get your money back". I dunno how this community feels about that, but it's an option.

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:38 pm

hardtravelinghero wrote:
natelite wrote:
You could always buy a few more at $1.99 and return them to Target to "get your money back". I dunno how this community feels about that, but it's an option.
I have a full box from TRU that I paid $2.99 each for. Gonna try to see if I can do a return on all 60 and see if they will do the buy 2 get 1 free on ONE charge so ultimately the price is lower. That's what the customer service person on TRU's customer service phone line told me to do. If they don't then i'll try to find a walmart and buy 60 packets and return those to TRU with the initial receipt. I don't mind saving $60 in the long run.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:37 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote:
hardtravelinghero wrote:
natelite wrote:
I have a full box from TRU that I paid $2.99 each for. Gonna try to see if I can do a return on all 60 and see if they will do the buy 2 get 1 free on ONE charge so ultimately the price is lower. That's what the customer service person on TRU's customer service phone line told me to do. If they don't then i'll try to find a walmart and buy 60 packets and return those to TRU with the initial receipt. I don't mind saving $60 in the long run.

hope you have your receipt still, no receipt, no return.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Sep 24, 2010 4:12 pm

oocaleb101oo wrote: I have a full box from TRU that I paid $2.99 each for. Gonna try to see if I can do a return on all 60 and see if they will do the buy 2 get 1 free on ONE charge so ultimately the price is lower. That's what the customer service person on TRU's customer service phone line told me to do. If they don't then i'll try to find a walmart and buy 60 packets and return those to TRU with the initial receipt. I don't mind saving $60 in the long run.
Depends on the CS desk. I "price adjusted" 69 mfs and the guy was [...] and moaning about it. Apparently he was too stupid to use the K2 function key to speed up the return and purchase. He insisted on scanning each bag individually. Wasted my time for $69 back. :x you can also return/purchase any LGM that you bot about a month ago. Not as good as the chrome stormie bogo but good enuff.
Last edited by Ice on Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed inappropriate word.

slow1234
I'm New !

Post by slow1234 » Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:33 pm

They are now availlable at the TRU in Mayfair Mall in Victoria, BC. $2.99. There didn't appear to be any limit to how many I could buy. I found all the ones I need to complete my second set and then passed off the cheat sheet to a mom and her son. THey were happy to have it!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sun Sep 26, 2010 4:34 am

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/godfr ... 010022.jpg

today i went by walmart again and i spotted the CMF S2 again....and this time, lucky you, i brought my phone. so there you go. it's displayed near the end caps and is hung. 5x3, 8 bags per hole. $1.97 each.
:D

oocaleb101oo
Knight
Knight

Post by oocaleb101oo » Sun Sep 26, 2010 5:50 pm

natelite wrote:
hope you have your receipt still, no receipt, no return.
Yep I had my receipt. Went up there on Saturday afternoon and got it all straight. Bought 40 got 20 free.

slow1234
I'm New !

Post by slow1234 » Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:21 pm

They are now showing up in some of the smaller toy stores in town (e.g. Kaboodles). Not sure if they're priced the same as TRU.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:44 pm

natelite wrote:http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/godfr ... 010022.jpg

today i went by walmart again and i spotted the CMF S2 again....and this time, lucky you, i brought my phone. so there you go. it's displayed near the end caps and is hung. 5x3, 8 bags per hole. $1.97 each.
:D
You're right. Box is ugly.

Target Fort Lee NJ has two unpicked boxes. Plenty of spartans.$2.99
TRU nanuet NY has plenty of figs. 5 boxes $2.99

Lucky for everybody, I didn't buy any.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:39 am

My local target had 2 complete boxes.
another close one had lots of packs loose in halloween section, and some on a peg at checkout.

I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Toys N Bricks » Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:07 pm

Valid at Chapters.ca in Canada only

Chapters.ca now has the LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 instock! They are currently selling them at $11.8 for 4 (each minifigure works out to be $2.95). There is no limit on how many you can buy. Online orders above $39 will qualify you for FREE Shipping as well. As these are now available online, Chapters Instores may also have these minifigures instock.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Sep 30, 2010 4:42 pm

CMF Series 2 has been sighted at the TRU in Framingham, MA on Rt.9, priced at $2.99 ea.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 30, 2010 8:45 pm

The Target in Poughkeepsie, NY had a bunch, but they're up to $2.99 now, so I passed on the two Spartans I found on principle.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Oct 01, 2010 5:00 am

vynsane wrote:The Target in Poughkeepsie, NY had a bunch, but they're up to $2.99 now, so I passed on the two Spartans I found on principle.
Yeah they are all @2.99 at the targets around me as well.
I thought i read LEGO changed the MSRP.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Oct 01, 2010 9:42 am

ncbarrett wrote:
vynsane wrote:The Target in Poughkeepsie, NY had a bunch, but they're up to $2.99 now, so I passed on the two Spartans I found on principle.
Yeah they are all @2.99 at the targets around me as well.
I thought i read LEGO changed the MSRP.
They're still $1.99 on Shop.LEGO, so I highly doubt that. There's speculation that it means CMFs3 might go to a $2.99 MSRP, but CMFs2 MSRP is $1.99. Target just saw TRU getting more for them and wanted in on that kool-aid, I guess. Either that, or (based on rumors of how LEGO sent the first few cases to Target for free or at deep discount to get them on the bandwagon) they sold out of the first wave they received so fast that they ordered more and upped the asking price.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

WELOVELEGO
Peasant
Peasant

Post by WELOVELEGO » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:56 am

i just found 2 unopened boxes of series 2 at my local supermarket ShopRite $2.50 each

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:50 am

Looked in 5 different Walmarts, nothing. The employess never heard of them. All local targets are sold out.