10245 Santa's Workshop LEGO Expert

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

10245 Santa's Workshop LEGO Expert

Post by Toys N Bricks » Tue May 13, 2014 6:36 pm

The first image of this year's Holiday Winter set has been revealed! 10245 Santa's Workshop will feature a workshop along with 6 minifigures. Of course, for a Santa's workshop, there will also be reindeers along with Santa's sleigh. Minifigures include 4 elves, Santa and Santa's wife. (via Hoth Bricks)

LEGO 10245 Creator Santa's Workshop 2014

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/10245-santas-wor ... go-expert/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

dqfritzke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: 10245 Santa's Workshop LEGO Expert

Post by dqfritzke » Wed May 14, 2014 6:05 am

This set looks great! Exactly what I was wanting for my winter theme collection! I just hope the price is decent.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 14, 2014 6:21 am

It appears to be the same Santa as the CMF version, which is disappointing. That said, it really was a perfect minifigure, so maybe there was no room for improvement. The Elves and Mrs. Claus are all pretty unique, though.

I like the design and even the reindeer (which others are grumbling about) but the main issue I have is that, while yes - the previous offerings have all had a Christmas theme, it wasn't intrinsically tied to the holiday, only implied. This outright solidifies the rest of the line as Christmas Village, not Winter Village.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Wed May 14, 2014 7:51 am

This set is awesome. It is perfect and the reindeer really make the set shine.
I hope it is the same price as the other sets at 99.99
I only have two complaints.

1) why isn't there a reindeer with a red nose?

2) the set doesn't look that large. Maybe the building is larger than it appears.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 14, 2014 7:57 am

mattlee1965 wrote:I hope it is the same price as the other sets at 99.99
I'm hoping it's a little less, frankly. As you pointed out, it doesn't appear to be that large. It doesn't look as big as the Cottage, for instance.
1) why isn't there a reindeer with a red nose?
That's easy enough to rectify, though, isn't it?

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Wed May 14, 2014 8:04 am

I love it already.
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Wed May 14, 2014 3:38 pm

There is likely licensing related to Rudolph.
But I bet there will be an extra 1x1 round trans-red plate to make Rudolph, but I'm surprised they didn't make a reindeer mold (with a 1x1 stud for a nose like with the bicycle). I'm all for brick built things, but animals/characters should really have their own molds IMHO. I've really wanted them to do a minifig Zoo or Safari line where we would finally get proper giraffes, lions, and re-release of elephant, etc.

This set is cool and fits in the Winter theme, but doesn't logically co-locate well with the other Winter sets. This will need to be placed 2-3 feet away. "Up in the North..."
Still hope they release a holiday train station sometime. Probably won't be soon as there was an in production train station and it's being replaced by a new regular train station.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed May 14, 2014 4:25 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:[...] I'm surprised they didn't make a reindeer mold (with a 1x1 stud for a nose like with the bicycle).
I'm not surprised at all, I can't see there being too much demand/reusability for a reindeer mold.

That said, when they redesigned the horse, they should have gone all the way back to the drawingboard. If they had build the body as one 'module' with swappable neck/head, tail and leg modules, they could have really saved themselves some money down the line and been able to create a lot more variation in LEGO animals.
This set is cool and fits in the Winter theme, but doesn't logically co-locate well with the other Winter sets. This will need to be placed 2-3 feet away. "Up in the North..."
That can easily be hand-waved - just make it more of a "North Pole Workshop" display for the local town kids.

gschubert
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by gschubert » Wed May 14, 2014 4:33 pm

SpaceNinjaDino wrote: I'm all for brick built things, but animals/characters should really have their own molds IMHO.
I quite agree. It looks like this set has the deer that Bugs Bunny made out of a wood to trick the Tasmanian Devil. :lol:

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu May 15, 2014 8:50 am

gschubert wrote:
SpaceNinjaDino wrote: I'm all for brick built things, but animals/characters should really have their own molds IMHO.
I quite agree. It looks like this set has the deer that Bugs Bunny made out of a wood to trick the Tasmanian Devil. :lol:
I agree with you guys, the deer sure looks like something we would look back in ten years from now and say what the beep. It is like looking at some of the sets from the 90s. Also the black and red machine in the back look like it was taken apart from Jek-14's Stealth Starfighter? This surely be one of the sets I will pass up on unless they are blowing it out.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Thu May 15, 2014 11:07 am

10 years ago the sleigh would be one piece. :lol:

That said others on Brickset are arguing over the reindeer. I like them fine but to me the one thing LEGO can never have enough molds of are of animals and windows/doors. We have three or four dog molds why not a reindeer? Could use it every year and even include it with some city sets like the logging ones.

I'm hoping for $70, but with LEGO who knows.

gopalkrishnan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by gopalkrishnan » Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:22 pm

This is a lovely set I should say. I'm looking forward at getting it for my brother. Thank you.

JustBrickin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JustBrickin » Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:16 am

This is an adorable set! This is my favorite one out of all the winter holiday sets made! And look at those cute little reindeers!
Building LEGOs, one piece at a time...

My Flickr