[CAN]: Simpsons Minifigures spotted at Walmart

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [CAN]: Simpsons Minifigures spotted at Walmart

Post by dulait » Tue May 06, 2014 8:55 am

jmjm wrote:This series is a bit more challenging to feel for as the heads are bizarre shapes and four minifigs have square tiles. I've managed to get the ones I wanted so far by trying to find the smaller accessories (those ones usually fall into the corners of the package) first and then vaguely feeling the heads.
legohunter wrote:This CMF series was one of the easiest to feel with. The most challenging part was to identify Milhouse, Ralph Wiggam, and Grampa Simpson after feeling the 2x2 tile.
Agree with those three, but Grampa is easier, feel for the long legs. The other two simply feel for the head shape, where one is rounder then the other.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue May 06, 2014 10:27 am

dulait wrote:
legohunter wrote:This CMF series was one of the easiest to feel with. The most challenging part was to identify Milhouse, Ralph Wiggam, and Grampa Simpson after feeling the 2x2 tile.
Agree with those three, but Grampa is easier, feel for the long legs. The other two simply feel for the head shape, where one is rounder then the other.
Agree with you both of you on Milhouse and Ralph being the hardest ones followed by Grandpa. At the very least Grandpa you can feel for the "regular" legs where if they move along with the 2x2 tile and not the long hair piece (that Marge has) you could be OK thinking it's Grandpa. Milhouse and Ralph are similar and relatively generic and not the easiest. I kinda lucked out that I got Milhouse early so I was well aware of his head shape. From then, feeling for the short legs and 2x2, it was down to the round smooth head.

Maybe because I had an unopened box to work with, but I also found this the easiest other than Milhouse & Ralph slightly. I had pictures of each figure with the accessories they came with on my phone and they all had particulars I could focus on along with irregular shapes compared with the regular minifigures.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Tue May 06, 2014 11:09 am

I was only planning on getting Burns, Homer and Bart but with Walmart charging the lower price, I decided to get the rest of them. I still think Chief Wiggum looks really off with the regular sized body, but the other ones look ok. Won't be getting multiples of each though since my kids don't watch Simpsons, and none of these guy are Army builder material.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

RayReptile
I'm New !

Post by RayReptile » Tue May 06, 2014 4:48 pm

I was lucky enough that my wife is very good at feeling for these things, so I got all 16, without a single duplicate. Hated paying the higher prices, but I have a huge Simpsons collection downstairs, so I had to get them.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Tue May 06, 2014 10:49 pm

Toronadian wrote:
dulait wrote:Agree with those three, but Grampa is easier, feel for the long legs. The other two simply feel for the head shape, where one is rounder then the other.
Agree with you both of you on Milhouse and Ralph being the hardest ones followed by Grandpa. At the very least Grandpa you can feel for the "regular" legs where if they move along with the 2x2 tile and not the long hair piece (that Marge has) you could be OK thinking it's Grandpa.
Oh yes, the long leg..... I forgot checking the legs. I am going to double check Grampa's bag with his long leg.

kiiaal
Citizen
Citizen

Post by kiiaal » Wed May 07, 2014 10:48 am

timtosino wrote:Target Canada is charging $3.49 as well, I picked up a full case in Richmond BC.
Target Canada is now scanning at $3.99

Get 'em at Walmart for $3.49 before they also catch on to what I believe is a price error!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Wed May 07, 2014 11:29 am

If you guys are looking for a full case, I heard Chapters will send you a sealed box if you order 60 online. Wait for the 15% off coupon this weekend. Obviously YMMV but worth a shot.

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu May 08, 2014 6:03 pm

This series of CMF seemed doing very well. My local walmart almost sold out of it. As I have mentioned before, there were lots of CMF resellers in the town who bought plenty (boxes) of it in MSRP. I wonder how many buyers would buy the CMF at aftermarket price?

Was this the effect of Lego movie that boomed the sale of CMF? or Was Simpsons really that popular?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Thu May 08, 2014 11:00 pm

legohunter wrote:This series of CMF seemed doing very well. My local walmart almost sold out of it. As I have mentioned before, there were lots of CMF resellers in the town who bought plenty (boxes) of it in MSRP. I wonder how many buyers would buy the CMF at aftermarket price?

Was this the effect of Lego movie that boomed the sale of CMF? or Was Simpsons really that popular?
The Wal-Mart here had 12+ boxes on release day. Passed by the store the other day and they were all gone in less than a week. Simpsons is really popular. Its one of my favourite shows.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Fri May 09, 2014 9:59 am

Ice wrote:
legohunter wrote:This series of CMF seemed doing very well. My local walmart almost sold out of it. As I have mentioned before, there were lots of CMF resellers in the town who bought plenty (boxes) of it in MSRP. I wonder how many buyers would buy the CMF at aftermarket price?

The Wal-Mart here had 12+ boxes on release day. Passed by the store the other day and they were all gone in less than a week. Simpsons is really popular. Its one of my favourite shows.
With Walmart selling them $0.50 cheaper, I wouldn't be surprised if Walmart is selling them faster than how fast other retailers are already going through them.

sneaky07
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sneaky07 » Sat May 10, 2014 12:33 pm

I've been checking various Walmarts around Toronto but have yet to find any Simpsons minifigure packs anywhere.

timtosino
Citizen
Citizen

Post by timtosino » Sat May 10, 2014 2:40 pm

sneaky07 wrote:I've been checking various Walmarts around Toronto but have yet to find any Simpsons minifigure packs anywhere.
They were all snapped up in the first week I'd imagine

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sun May 11, 2014 11:14 am

sneaky07 wrote:I've been checking various Walmarts around Toronto but have yet to find any Simpsons minifigure packs anywhere.
They are scatter around the Toy section, some at the end caps, just check around the toy section.

mshiels
Citizen
Citizen

Post by mshiels » Mon May 12, 2014 4:48 pm

They did disappear pretty quick it seems, but I know we still have lots at Lasting Toys here in Mississauga if you want to head out of Toronto.

sneaky07
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sneaky07 » Wed May 14, 2014 12:20 pm

Seems the Walmarts I frequent in Markham and Scarborough got some stock in. Found my set of 16. Fairly easy to figure out who was in each pack. Only tricky one was Millhouse and Ralph, only thing distinguishing those two was the head.

timtosino
Citizen
Citizen

Post by timtosino » Wed May 21, 2014 8:17 pm

Target Richmond, BC seems to have put out another box into the Mixels box as of today.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Thu May 22, 2014 4:40 am

Appears that Chapters Indigo online now has the Simpsons figures limited to 10 per order. Makes sense though - the probably got swamped with large orders.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com