The LEGO Movie is Out Today!

The place for General LEGO Discussions such as the LEGO website, video games, movie, general LEGO inquries and everything else not included in our forums.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

The LEGO Movie is Out Today!

Post by Toys N Bricks » Thu Feb 06, 2014 9:57 pm

The LEGO Movie is officially out today. If you haven't already seen the trailer, we've attached the official one from Warner Brothers below. From what we've heard so far, the movie is quite good so do pop by your local Theatre when you get the chance. After watching it, let us know what you think of the LEGO Movie! Remember that Regal Theatre in America will also be offering a free Emmet in Pajamas minifigure. Details here.

There's lots going on with the LEGO Movie so below is just a summary reminder/update for some of the things happening with The LEGO Movie. Did we miss any?

LEGO Movie Trailer

LEGO Movie Video Game

If you purchase the new LEGO Movie Video Game at one of these retailers, you can also receive an exclusive minifigure.

Gamestop USA/Ebgames Canada: FREE exclusive Western Emmet Minifigure
Wal-Mart USA:  FREE exclusive Radio DJ Robo LEGO Minifigure
Best Buy USA: FREE exclusive Emmet in Pajamas/Pyjamas Minifigure

Set Reviews

Be sure to check out Toys N Bricks LEGO Movie Set Reviews. We'll be reviewing more LEGO Movie sets in the next few days so do check our LEGO review forums.

70800 Getaway Glider
70801 Melting Room
70802 Bad Cops Pursuit
70803 Cloud Cuckoo Palace
70805 Trash Chomper

Sales & Deals

FREE Piece of Resistance Polybag with $50/£25 purchase at LEGOShop: USA | Canada | UK
Various LEGO Movie sets are now 20% off in USA; more details available in this post

LEGO Movie Event

Don't forget about the free LEGO Movie Building Event this Saturday at Toys R Us United States and Toys R Us Canada.

America

FREE Emmet's Car Build on Saturday, February 8 from 12-2pm
Enter raffle by 2pm for a chance to win great LEGO toys and prizes
FREE $15 Gift Card when you demo and purchase The LEGO Movie Video Game during the event
FREE Movie Ticket to The LEGO Movie when you spend $50 or more (offer valid until February 8)

Canada

FREE Emmet's Car Build on Saturday, February 8 from 11am-1pm
After watching the LEGO Movie, bring in your LEGO Movie Ticket Stub and receive a LEGO Movie Scratch Card which contains "cool giveaways"
Upload your best LEGO Creation and you could  be one of 2 winners to win a $1000 or $500 Toys R Us Gift Card (contest ends February 20, 2014)

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/the-lego-movie-is-out-today/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

wuju007
Peasant
Peasant

Re: The LEGO Movie is Out Today!

Post by wuju007 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 5:43 am

Am watching the movie today for sure.

Must you bring a child to get the Emmet's car at ToysRUs. Like to get the car myself and I'm a grown up off course. :)

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 8:50 am

My BB doesn't know anything about the pyjama emmet minifigs...
edit: Apparently they didn't get any in...

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Fri Feb 07, 2014 9:15 am

wuju007 wrote:Am watching the movie today for sure.

Must you bring a child to get the Emmet's car at ToysRUs. Like to get the car myself and I'm a grown up off course. :)
It probably depends on how many kids show up. My local store doesn't care if they have a lot of extras.

adarkpassenger
I'm New !

Post by adarkpassenger » Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:07 pm

I go to every Lego Event @ TRU and have never had a issue. I usually show up early and get in line (usually start a line) so I can get ijn and get out and let the kids have fun. Im always very helpful with staff and with the kids so nobody ever seems to mind a hulking 6'3 man in the mix. Obviously every store is run differently so it could be different in other places, but Ive never run into any issue @ a Lego Event..SOOOO MUCH FUN!!! CANT WAIT!!!

potato_chip
I'm New !

Post by potato_chip » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:08 pm

Best Buy does not have an exclusive offer. The only thing they advertised is the $7.50 in movie cash included in the game. I checked with buddies at Best Buy and there is no minifigure. I never heard of an offer for an Emmet at best buy until today.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Feb 07, 2014 2:51 pm

potato_chip wrote:Best Buy does not have an exclusive offer. The only thing they advertised is the $7.50 in movie cash included in the game. I checked with buddies at Best Buy and there is no minifigure. I never heard of an offer for an Emmet at best buy until today.
Maybe it's regional? The minifigure is advertised (along with the $7.50 in movie cash) in their weekly ad as coming with the game.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:27 pm

"Everything is Awesome" will be stuck in your head for days. :shh:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:39 pm

anakinisvader wrote:"Everything is Awesome" will be stuck in your head for days. :shh:
yep.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:11 pm

anakinisvader wrote:"Everything is Awesome" will be stuck in your head for days. :shh:
Same here since last weekend.

http://youtu.be/t6lHm-stXdM" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

miffy102301
I'm New !

Post by miffy102301 » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:11 pm

I picked up my PS3 lego movie videogame with the Pyjamas Emmet minifigure today @bestbuy. At first, the staff has no clue, end up calling the manager, she is holding a large envelope with couple of minifig bags inside. I guess you need to ask and show them the ads what we are talking about. The special UPN code for the minifig is 400037920188. Item# 3792018. Good Luck!

potato_chip
I'm New !

Post by potato_chip » Fri Feb 07, 2014 10:14 pm

I want to let you know that I got my Emmet at Best Buy after all. I did not know that it was advertised in the weekly ad. I took my phone to the store and it took about 10 minutes before they figured where the mini figures were and they did have them. So, if the associate does not know try and get the store manager involved. It might save you the aggravation I went through.

wuju007
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wuju007 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:44 am

too bad the PJ Emmet is not available in Canada. Want that one

wuju007
Peasant
Peasant

Post by wuju007 » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:47 am

krayzie wrote:
wuju007 wrote:Am watching the movie today for sure.

It probably depends on how many kids show up. My local store doesn't care if they have a lot of extras.

Was at the TRU near me and they only give it out to kids. So no luck for only grown up. Ebay I guess or if someone is kind enough to post the instruction and piece number, may simply order the parts through Lego pick-a-brick.

Thanks.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:31 am

Went to TRU near me, and line was to the back of the store. Didn't want it that badly.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Cementups
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cementups » Sat Feb 08, 2014 11:51 am

We got ours today. Went to the local TRU and there was actually a small wait. Seems a few more people are getting wise to these free events.
My daughter built Emmet's Fly Car and my son built Emmet's Car.

creativerain
Citizen
Citizen

Post by creativerain » Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:37 pm

wuju007 wrote:too bad the PJ Emmet is not available in Canada. Want that one
I went to TRU today to get my scratch and win with my Lego Movie Ticket Stub and I got both the PJ Emmet and the Robot DJ minifigure, which was the cherry on top for a great movie!

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Mon Feb 10, 2014 1:35 pm

I'd have to think it would be pretty easy to piece together Emmett's car, with or without the instructions. I'll be searching through my pile o' car-related LEGO pieces to see if we can build one at our house.

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:22 pm

harrelmusic wrote:I'd have to think it would be pretty easy to piece together Emmett's car, with or without the instructions. I'll be searching through my pile o' car-related LEGO pieces to see if we can build one at our house.
It looks like a slight mod of the 3177 City small car set that came out in 2010 with side mirrors and rounder bumper.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:47 pm

So, I watched the movie twice in a row tonight, sort of. I put it on for my daughter and her friends, then watched it after she went to bed with the commentary. Holy crap, the commentary is hilarious. Highly recommended!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive