[US] Regal Theatres - Emmet in PJs Minifigure Promo

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[US] Regal Theatres - Emmet in PJs Minifigure Promo

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:23 pm

If you are looking for a theatre to see The LEGO Movie, try a Regal Theatre as you can get a free Emmet in PJs minifigure.  You will have to purchase a ticket for the 3D version and be a Regal Crown Club member (free to join).

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/us-regal-theatre ... ure-promo/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Re: [US] Regal Theatres - Emmet in PJs Minifigure Promo

Post by atmail35 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 7:25 pm

I really wish we were going to see it at a Regal Theatre, but sadly it is not convenient for us. If anyone will have an extra to trade, let me know! ;-)

Oh and you can also get a free song download if you buy via Fandango.
LEGO Song.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:26 pm

Best Buy is supposed to have the sleepy emmet figure tomorrow with purchase of the game.

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:41 am

Do I get both the figure and song if I buy through Fandango and put in Regal account? :think:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:06 pm

octick wrote:Do I get both the figure and song if I buy through Fandango and put in Regal account? :think:
The Regal website is showing both promos, you might want to call for more details. I assume it is as supplies last for the minifig, and maybe the best bet is to go opening day or at least over the weekend. The website didn't have many details other than the two images shown here.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 7:23 pm

I am going Friday in Scranton PA. I will ask how many the theatre received just to give us some idea.

mattycash720
I'm New !

Post by mattycash720 » Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:35 pm

I am on my way to get my tickets now - they only have 20 minifigs left at my Regal location (PA, USA)

octick
Knight
Knight

Post by octick » Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:18 am

I got my tickets last night. I wanted to make sure I got my Emmett. At my theater, they had only 2 small boxes containing the figures and posters. Yes, you get a little 12" x 24" poster(estimated size). Even though the rules say one per transaction, the manager said it is one per household. So, you might be able to haggle if you have several kids citing the rules.

If I knew how to upload a picture, I would post a picture.

FrogsPet
I'm New !

Post by FrogsPet » Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:36 pm

While the Regal posting on FB said one per ticket, our theater's manager insisted the guidelines from corporate said one per Regal card. I'd already purchased the two tickets or I would have opened up a new one (my spouse and I share a card). She said they received 200 figures. I had to ask for mine; the cashier forgot to give it to me. No poster, though we have several copies of the Lego Movie poster already.

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:28 am

Yeah, I just called our theater and they said one per Regal crown club card. Trying to figure out how to work the system when I take my 2 sons and their friends. Sign up for Regal Crown Club, kids!

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sat Feb 08, 2014 1:43 pm

I ran in to our local Regal the minute they opened today - and saw the manager with a small bag of Emmet minifigs talking to the cashier. I was so relieved not to be too late to get one for my son! He then left, taking the bag with him. When it was my turn at the register, I asked the cashier how to get the minifig, and she said she didn't know anything about it. She called the manager back downstairs to talk to me. This is what transpired next:

Me: How do I get the promotional minifigure?
Manager (looking me dead in the eye): We're sold out.
Me: Then how come I just saw you walking upstairs with a bag of them?
Manager (now glaring at me): ...We only have 5 left. I can't give them out.
Me: Uh huh. Why not? Aren't you supposed to give them out??
Manager (looking behind me at the line, which is now admittedly several families deep): How many do you need?
Me: One (now I wish I'd just said 2, since it seems he kept the rest of them anyway)
Manager (if looks could kill and he's pointing at me now, too): ...Okay. But...WE'RE SOLD OUT!

Anyway, instead of coming back with one, he called the cashier who told me I had to head up to the Customer Service desk, so no one else in line could see that I received one.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he probably just wanted to avoid a lot of complaints from the other parents in line, but jeez...

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sat Feb 08, 2014 2:55 pm

melsig wrote:I ran in to our local Regal the minute they opened today - and saw the manager with a small bag of Emmet minifigs talking to the cashier. I was so relieved not to be too late to get one for my son! He then left, taking the bag with him. When it was my turn at the register, I asked the cashier how to get the minifig, and she said she didn't know anything about it. She called the manager back downstairs to talk to me. This is what transpired next:

Me: How do I get the promotional minifigure?
Manager (looking me dead in the eye): We're sold out.
Me: Then how come I just saw you walking upstairs with a bag of them?
Manager (now glaring at me): ...We only have 5 left. I can't give them out.
Me: Uh huh. Why not? Aren't you supposed to give them out??
Manager (looking behind me at the line, which is now admittedly several families deep): How many do you need?
Me: One (now I wish I'd just said 2, since it seems he kept the rest of them anyway)
Manager (if looks could kill and he's pointing at me now, too): ...Okay. But...WE'RE SOLD OUT!

Anyway, instead of coming back with one, he called the cashier who told me I had to head up to the Customer Service desk, so no one else in line could see that I received one.

Giving him the benefit of the doubt, he probably just wanted to avoid a lot of complaints from the other parents in line, but jeez...
Wow, how sleazy!

That's the problem with this kind of promotion, when employees scam/scalp. How crazy it was the manager though!

Glad you at least got yours :)

melsig
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by melsig » Sat Feb 08, 2014 3:13 pm

The-Daryl wrote:
Wow, how sleazy!

That's the problem with this kind of promotion, when employees scam/scalp. How crazy it was the manager though!

Glad you at least got yours :)
Thanks, Daryl! It's hard for me to say that he really wanted to keep them to sell them on eBay - I think it may have been more dealing with the hassle of a lot of kids asking why everyone couldn't get one. (The movie theater was as crowded as I've ever seen it for a kid's matinee.) Either way, though, I think he should have given the remaining ones out... Anyway, as you say, my son's happy with his, and we're busy making "LEGO Movie-land" at home right now, so I'd say the whole experience was a win!