[Entries] Winter 2013: Minifig Holiday Traditions Vignette

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [Entries] Winter 2013: Minifig Holiday Traditions Vignet

Post by vynsane » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:58 pm

hatcher wrote:I hate to be "that guy" but your entry appears to have stickers on it. I thought the rules said stickers weren't allowed? I guess we need a ruling here.
I think that rule was somehow messed up - it's meant to say "no custom stickers", so official LEGO stickers are allowed. I still don't know if that's an official LEGO sticker.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:58 am

Those stickers came from the Ninjago Ultimate Sticker Collection book. I believe since it is an officially licensed book that it would be okay to use? Or does the rule mean only stickers that come IN a Lego set?

Jared

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sun Jan 26, 2014 11:27 am

Things get out of hand at the Avengers Christmas Kegger!

In attendance, Tony Stark (Iron Man), Nick Fury, Hawkeye, Captain America, Thor, Black Widow, Wolverine and Spiderman. The Hulks invitation got lost in the mail (again).

IMG_0239[1] by hatcherman, on Flickr

IMG_0241[1] by hatcherman, on Flickr

Check out my photostream set for 5 other pictures and some more details about what's going on.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hatcherman ... 187376693/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Stepho556
I'm New !

Post by Stepho556 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 11:36 pm

Genre: Castle
Holiday Tradition: Rescuing the princess from the Ice Dungeon.

Every year the evil ice rangers conspire to kidnap the princess of the kingdom and hold her in the ice dungeon at the top of evil ranger mountain's red tower. There they sit around the campfire and tell stores of the great riches they are going to enjoy when the king pays their ransom. As the night wears on, they tire of stories and drink, and fall asleep by the fire. While the kidnappers sleep, the knights of the realm scale the mighty mountain into the icy keep. There they valiantly free the princess from her frozen cage and sneak away, dashing the hopes of the evil rangers once again.

The knights are from the newest castle sets, rangers and princess are from the lego store build your own minifigure station.The build took me four nights to get just right. There are zero exposed knobs in the entire build, which required me to get creative with things like the entryway of the red tower, but I liked the final look. I was a bit disappointed with the brightness of the push button light up brick I used for the campfire, which is really only visible in pictures taken in poor light, but otherwise I think it came out well More pictures are available at : http://flic.kr/ps/2LhSVm

Thanks for your consideration, Stephen

DSC00982 by therealstepho556, on Flickr

DSC00991 by therealstepho556, on Flickr
Last edited by vynsane on Wed Feb 05, 2014 12:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reducing number of pictures to adhere to contest rules

nodunkin
I'm New !

Post by nodunkin » Wed Jan 29, 2014 8:16 pm

Title:
Hulk and Frosty the Stoneman

Theme:
Super Hero

Hulk like Holiday.
Hulk like Holiday Tradition.
Hulk like building Frosty.
Hulk mad Frosty turned into stone by Medusa.
Hulk mad.
Hulk very mad.
IMG_0001.JPG
IMG_0002.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ammes7
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by ammes7 » Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:23 am

Gingerbread Escape!

Theme: CMF Series 11 and Indiana Jones

The Elf has captured the Gingerbread men to bake himself a yummy holiday snack, but Indiana Jones is coming to their rescue!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Ben
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Ben » Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:36 am

A Futuron Christmas

The astronauts of Futuron (1987 -- 1990) are celebrating Christmas. The mistletoe and wreath have been hung, the Christmas tree (constructed from radar dishes) is up, and the support pylons have been decorated with Christmas lights. Christmas lists are being finalized, cards are being delivered, and some astronauts are off to visit friends and family. The communications array (which is motorized and rotates) has festive red and green signal emitters. The bow isn't up yet -- they're still looking for the perfect location.

This YouTube video shows how the communications array rotates and highlights the festive features of the model: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t2bZm2DLyT4
FullHeight.jpg
Mistletoe.jpg

davedude
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by davedude » Fri Jan 31, 2014 6:23 pm

The Monster Fighters got together for the holidays to enjoy some of Ms. Vampyre's Bat stew... Unbeknownst to them Lord Vampyre was about to drop down the chimney with a surprise of his own....

monster fighter holidays by daved00d, on Flickr

good luck to everyone!!!
thank you for looking!!!!
and thank you LEGO and Toys N Bricks for making all this happen!!!!

Gilbort
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Gilbort » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:21 pm

Title: Scary Christmas to All, and to All a Good Fright!
Theme: Monster Fighters

With the Monster Fighters now captured and subdued, the Monsters enjoy a jubilant Christmas get-together at Lord Vampyre's Haunted House.

On the top floor, Lord Vampyre and his brethren enjoy some fresh beverages and festive camaraderie as Santa Claus looks on from atop the Christmas tree.

On the middle floor, a lost elf in search of his beloved Kris Kringle encounters a horde of zombies who, at the beckoning of the mistletoe, are quite eager to welcome the little fellow with a barrage of kisses.

On the bottom floor, the Witch and Zombie Chef are charged with preparing the elaborate Christmas Feast; the main course is Rudolph the roasted reindeer, cooked to perfection. And, in the spirit of the holidays, Lord Vampyre has graciously permitted his guests, the Monster Fighters, to partake in the festivities- albeit in a manner they may not have so desired ;-).

Check out more detailed photos of the fun here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/115554629@N03/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :lol:

BeMild
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BeMild » Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:56 pm

A Star Wars Christmas Carol!

Who better than protocol droid C3PO to guide Darth on a tour of Christmases past, present and future in an attempt to cause him to mend his ways and change his future?

We see young Anakin in simpler times enjoying Christmas with his mom in Christmas past.

In Christmas present Darth sees his son, daughter (well, you know), and their friends in peril as Jabba drops Luke into the Rancor's pit (Rancors like Christmas presents, too).

In Christmas future, we see Darth dying in his son's arms....repenting with only moments to spare.

Finally, we see Darth remaking himself and being included in a celebration with friends young and old. He even dresses the part and carves the turkey, while Leia takes advantage of some mistletoe...

See individual vignette images on flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/116051424@N04/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A Star Wars Christmas Carol View 2 by BeMild, on Flickr

Chistmas Re-Made by BeMild, on Flickr

Kimsaha
I'm New !

Post by Kimsaha » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:09 pm

An entry from my 14 year old:

Name: Ewoks Celebrate with 'Friends'
Theme: Star Wars

The Ewoks and another furry friend celebrate the holidays with great food, entertainment and decorations. From the speeder bike 'tree', storm trooper helmet percussion, to the 'friendly' open-fire rotisserie. Desserts abound with pies, cakes and a gingerbread man.
"Roasting Friends over an open fire. Wicket nipping at your nose. Although it has probably never been said, at anytime or anywhere... Merry Ewokmas to you!"
All Friends welcome! :-)

Eek
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Eek » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:57 pm

bake1 by EekLEGO, on Flickr

bake2 by EekLEGO, on Flickr

Title: Holiday Bake-Off
Theme: Marvel Super Heroes

A holiday bake-off hosted by Magneto. Check the Flickr account for more photos.

graznador
Peasant
Peasant

Post by graznador » Fri Jan 31, 2014 9:58 pm

Part of Your Holiday World featuring DUPLO Disney Princesses

Look at this tree, isn't it neat?
Wouldn't you think my decoration's complete?
Wouldn't you think I'm the girl
The girl who has everything?

Look at this trove, treasures untold.
How many presents can one cavern hold?
Looking around here you'd think
Sure, she's got everything.

I've got stockings and gift wrap a plenty.
I've got candy and tinsel galore
You want golden rings? I've got five!
But who cares? No big deal,
I want more.

I wanna be where St. Nick is
I wanna see, wanna see him flying.
Riding around in that
What do you call it? Oh, sleigh.

Up where it's bright, up where it glows
Up where they stay all day in the snow.
Wandering free
Wish I could be, part of that holiday world.

Ariel the Little Mermaid celebrates the holidays of the human world with her seaweed tree and friends Flounder and "Santa" Sebastian.

Last edited by graznador on Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kurokun
I'm New !

Post by kurokun » Fri Jan 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Not sure why I couldn't make the image display as others, used img code, Since there is not much time I would appreciate an admin corrects this or someone tells me how to fix it. =) [Thanks! Now I understand]

Drama:
I just looked at the rules quickly, said to myself that I would not return until the last day with the best I could, now it seams I messed it up since there are no minifigs on my vignette.So ... I hope the Santa can be considered as Micro since it is Steve's eyes (longshot) but I would still appreciate your comments or something instead of just being discarded.......

Anyways............

Explanation: This is the east wing on Santa's house/factory.
Here the elves load the gifts in the wagons, that IS a bag of holding! ^_^
Theme: Minecraft/Christmas
Time taken: 3 days. (I'm new!)
Planning ahead: none. lol.
Background: Here is my first "pro" creation. I started collecting LEGO in March 2013 and have been doing some random MOCs but this is the first time I actually dedicate hours to a real project.

Well thanks for your time guys. Feels good to be in a place were most if not all; are not j*rks like most part of the web.

- K

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Feb 01, 2014 9:12 am

The entry topic is closed and voting will commence sometime today or tomorrow.

As a reminder:
  • Voting is only open to members who were registered prior to the contest announcement (before Dec. 5th)
  • Contestants are not permitted to vote.
  • Each eligible voter will have three points to hand out as they see fit - either all three to one entry, split 2-1 between two entries, or 1 point each to three entries.
These rules will also be posted at the top of the [Voting] topic.

EDEIT: Vote Now!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive