[Entries] Winter 2013: Minifig Holiday Traditions Vignette

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

[Entries] Winter 2013: Minifig Holiday Traditions Vignette

Post by vynsane » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:31 pm

Holiday Traditions of Minifigures From Your Favorite Theme

Entries for this contest go here. Comments on entries can be posted here as well.

Below are the rules for submitting your entries. For full details regarding the contest and prizes, please read the contest announcement topic.

Submit your Entry
  • Upload your images onto our Flickr Group Pool (you can upload as many as you want)
  • Tag your images as "Toysnbricks" AND "Winter2013Contest"
  • Other photo sharing sites are acceptable, too
  • Post your creation in this topic with:
    • The name of the creation
    • The theme used as inspiration
    • No more than 2 images of the model (feel free to link to a Flickr Set of more angles)
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: [Entries] Winter 2013: Minifig Holiday Traditions Vignet

Post by vynsane » Thu Dec 05, 2013 3:31 pm

[reserved]
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

R.C
I'm New !

Asgard-ish Holidays

Post by R.C » Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:25 am

Hello everyone! I am going to "break the ice" with the first entry for this contest!

Title: Asgard-ish Holidays
Theme: Marvel SuperHeroes
image.jpg
Thor has invited his fellows avengers to spend the holidays with him in Asgard. They have some strange tradition, like toasting marshmallows around the fire (in the snow!!!!!) and drinking some strange hot beverage. Sure all avengers are having fun, and some even find time for a romantic moment with the "casual" discovery of a branch of mistletoe! (We saw you, JARVIS)
image.jpg

Hope you like it!
Merry Christmas everybody

PS HULK ANGRY FOR THE 16x16 LIMIT! HULK SMASH CONTESTS!!!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by R.C on Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

jikura
Peasant
Peasant

Post by jikura » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:58 pm

Name of creation:
ANNUAL EMPIRE CHRISTMAS PARTY IGLOO CRAM

Theme:
STAR WARS

At the annual Empire Christmas Party on Hoth, all droids, troopers, sith's and guests in attendance must enter this event or be choked to death.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

legolebowski
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by legolebowski » Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:12 pm

Title: Vinter Vonderland!

Theme: Monsters/Monster Fighters

The holidays for the Monsters, like us, is fun but hectic (like this vignette).

Vampire is visiting family for the holidays to hang out.
Down the street The Witch made a snow-witch, but when she gave it her magic hat and broom it turned her into a frog and flew away.
In the kitchen the Mad Scientist's holiday fruitcake turns into a monster when he accidentally uses his radioactive formula instead of milk for his recipe!

More views with captions: http://www.flickr.com/photos/111433044@N07/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Happy Holidays, all!

gschubert
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by gschubert » Sun Dec 15, 2013 12:52 pm

:clap: Welcome to the Death Star Winter Concert, complete with droid handbells. :clap:

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:47 am

gschubert wrote::clap: Welcome to the Death Star Winter Concert, complete with droid handbells. :clap:
this is hysterical!

david

adarkpassenger
I'm New !

Post by adarkpassenger » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:56 pm

Name: Bat-Family Christmas Dinner (Hosted By The Joker)
Theme: DC Superheroes (Batman)

Please see my Flikr Set for more views/close-ups!!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/111460719@ ... 720231196/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

-

madscooby22
I'm New !

Post by madscooby22 » Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:54 pm

Name Of Creation: "A Lego Star Wars Nativity Reenactment"
Theme Inspiration: Lego Star Wars

THANKS FOR THE CONTEST AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!! GOOD LUCK TO ALL :)

yNiOnSuUo
I'm New !

Post by yNiOnSuUo » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:34 am

Name: Origins of Festivus
Theme: Alien Conquest

The aliens are hosting their annual Festivus swim party, complete with Festivus pole, water slide feats of strength and hot tub airing of grievances.

IMG_4960 by yNiOnSuUo, on Flickr

IMG_4970 by yNiOnSuUo, on Flickr

TSchwalf
I'm New !

Post by TSchwalf » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:10 pm

Name: An Ogely Christmas

Theme: Alpha Team

For my contest entry I chose to do a vignette based on the old LEGO theme Alpha Team, which was one of my favorite themes when I was a kid. I figured the Alpha Team would likely be celebrating a pretty regular Christmas, but what about their arch-nemesis OGEL? Let's see what he's up too... Looks like he's making toys for all the boys and girl this Christmas!. But I don't think those are the toys they wanted.

Please Check out the Flickr for much better quality photos. It's pretty hard to show the detaila in two shots!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/112058573@ ... 869815023/

And Merry Christmas to everyone!
Last edited by TSchwalf on Sun Dec 29, 2013 6:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:41 pm

Ok, here is my 7 year old son's contribution. The only help I proffered was the suggestion to make the "SHOP" letters bigger. Other than that, all the glory (the build and the text) belongs to him.

"Chima Holidays"
Legends of Chima
Eris has started up her new holiday shop for the festival in Chima. With a few helpers and customers she's ready to go. Don't let Skinnet sneak up on you! Longtooth takes a tumble as he tries to clear the way for others. Merry Christmas, and good luck to everyone!
First floor: Selling decorations, rakes, brooms, books, and other house improvements
Second floor: Selling meats, wood, bread, pretzels, carrots, raspberries, tomatoes, cherries, and bananas
DSCN8521.JPG
DSCN8519.JPG
Other photos here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91851842@N ... nbrickscom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.flickr.com/photos/91851842@N ... nbrickscom" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

larsnelson76
Peasant
Peasant

Post by larsnelson76 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:51 pm

Happy New Year Everyone!
elrond view.jpg
Title: Elves and Orcs St. Lucy’s Day Party
Theme: Lord of the Rings
After 11 months of fighting there has been a temporary truce between the elves and orcs. Elrond and Thingol have invited the orcs of the misty mountains over to celebrate Saint Lucy’s (Lucia) Day. The Great goblin already has his candles lit. Thingol is getting his candles lit by the Uruk-hai Berserker, who Thingol completely trusts. Arwen is combing the hair of an orc (quite frankly he needed it). The stocking were hung by the chimney with care. There are lots of presents for everyone!
tree view 2.jpg
Great Contest; I loved building this.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint_Lucy's_Day

Other view: http://www.flickr.com/photos/42315267@N ... otostream/

blackpyre
Citizen
Citizen

Post by blackpyre » Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:54 pm

Name: Claw Machine Aliens Toy Adoption
Theme: Toy Story

The winter seasons is rough! Especially if you spend all your time in a claw machine. That's why the Toy Story Aliens spend their holiday time adopting toys from their local Toy Box claw machine. After all, the holidays bring in a lot of toys and who's to say you didn't get a few extra toys under the tree.

This year, the first lucky toy to get adopted is the little helicopter. Much to the dismay of the monkey who has found his way up to the claw rig and is impatiently waiting for his turn.

The aliens have chosen this particular machine because they like the three dimensional castle and star on the sides as well as the giant rubix cube on top.

For more pictures, please see my flickr set: http://www.flickr.com/photos/both-sides ... 594616256/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Name: Christmas with Harry at Diagon Alley
Theme: Harry Potter

The gang is doing some last minute shopping at Diagon Alley.

Toys-n-bricks Holiday Contest by dho7622u, on Flickr

some detail:

Toys-n-bricks Holiday Contest by dho7622u, on Flickr

More images available on my photo stream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/22379868@N08/

Good luck all and hope everyone had a great holiday!

david

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:11 pm

Here's my entry called Holidays at the Dojo featuring the Ninjago theme, hope y'all enjoy :)

"It's easier to play Santa when you don't have to put on a beard. Now the question remains: where do I find a dragon?" -Sensei Wu

See the description video for highlights and building techniques.

-Nannan

gschubert
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by gschubert » Fri Jan 17, 2014 8:39 am

An exquisite selection of parts, Nannan! The kids in beds are perfectly portrayed and the dream bubbles are very creative. :)

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:31 am

I hate to be "that guy" but your entry appears to have stickers on it. I thought the rules said stickers weren't allowed? I guess we need a ruling here.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

JJM1210
I'm New !

Post by JJM1210 » Thu Jan 23, 2014 4:50 pm

Holiday at the Wild West Best!

As a bartender at “Wild West’s Best,” Sudds Backwash is accustomed to the crazy Christmas clientele. He never gets too crazy with the decorating, but enjoys a few small details to get into the holiday spirit.

The 2013 winter season was especially memorable because it was the year that he and Rootbeer Belle decided to disassemble the saloon to fight the threats in Bricksburg. Knowing it was the last year, they decided to hold a toy drive to gather donations for the children of Bricksburg. They also lowered their beverage prices so the adults of Bricksburg could enjoy the holiday season too…

I really like the Lego Movie sets – I took it as a challenge to use all of pieces from the airplane to construct the saloon. I also liked the idea of a wild west holiday scene.

Legoer88
I'm New !

Post by Legoer88 » Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:53 pm

Name: "All Kingdoms Come"
Theme: Kingdoms/Castle
Description: Kingdoms rise. Kingdoms war. Kingdoms fall. It seems the only constant is change. Well, there is tradition too. It's a tradition that has been observed as far back as recorded history itself. There, on the fourth day after the winter solstice of each year, peace descends across the land, when all kingdoms come to one castle, to celebrate the holiday festival of the one, true, King. There is singing and dancing, and plenty of food and wine to go around. No need for watchmen in the watchtower. The party goes on all night long.
Build: It's a cross-sectional. The base is a 'storage' area for 8887 Power Functions Transformer with custom on/off 'switch' accessible at the front. It powers the lights in the stain-glass window.
Other images - please view at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/115404088@N03/
IMG_2418-small.jpg
IMG_2376-small.jpg
Legoer88