LEGO Black Friday 2013 VIP Early Access (USA & Canada)

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO Black Friday 2013 VIP Early Access (USA & Canada)

Post by dulait » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:51 am

mattlee1965 wrote:Why did the UK get a way better deal than us? ex. 10% off 100 pounds + their regular VIP points versus our 3x VIP points. They get the savings up front.

Also why did they actually get lego sets discounted and we didn't? ex. 40% off unexpected gathering.

I was rather disappointed that the only set that I wanted to get is now sold out: Batman Funhouse - oh well should have lived on the east coast.
Different sale for them every year by the way, and the list posted is an UK list, ours is not annouced yet, but do not expect it to be the same. Also, same can be asked on why you guys down in the states got the free Chima set and the employee polybag with any orders, and we up here in canada did not.

rainstorm26
I'm New !

Post by rainstorm26 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:55 am

S@H website is the worst....completely shut down to buy anything

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:00 am

mattlee1965 wrote:Why did the UK get a way better deal than us? ex. 10% off 100 pounds + their regular VIP points versus our 3x VIP points. They get the savings up front.

Also why did they actually get lego sets discounted and we didn't? ex. 40% off unexpected gathering.
This is pretty funny. They don't get 40% off unexpected gathering! It's unexpected journey...the Hobbit game. I picked one up at my local kmart for 65% off or so a couple months back. Was about $10.50 I think if I remember right. I have seen them at 50% off multiple times. And the Hoth set they get 40% off...it's a game too.
Maybe that will make you feel better about triple points. I really like this offer.

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wyldjedi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:05 am

Am I the only one having issues with S@H? The site is trying to load and thats as far as I get.

toyz4me
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by toyz4me » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:09 am

Well, I'm in the same boat as you. No luck getting to the site ((

wyldjedi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by wyldjedi » Sat Nov 23, 2013 10:18 am

Reminds me of May the 4th... I did not have the time to keep checking for deals. Every time I went to the site, the B-Wing was sold out but apparently went back in stock when I had other things to do. Ugh

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:17 am

I've been wanting the Palace Cinema for my Modular row, so figured 3x VIP, free holiday set, and the added sticker was a pretty decent deal. I don't think we'll see any "buy palace cinema, get this set free" deal, so I think it's the best deal you're looking at.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

Blacknight
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Blacknight » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:27 am

lol the whole Lego Shop-at-home website is kaput. So is phone customer support which doesn't recognize any order or VIP #s and probably has a 10 year wait to speak to a representative, who's computers are probably also down. Gotta love we (humanity's) stampede to consume itself to destruction.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:29 am

Luciant wrote:I've been wanting the Palace Cinema for my Modular row, so figured 3x VIP, free holiday set, and the added sticker was a pretty decent deal. I don't think we'll see any "buy palace cinema, get this set free" deal, so I think it's the best deal you're looking at.
Toys R Us currently has your free set when you buy a Modular Building (creator only):

Online Only! FREE LEGO Creator Highway Pickup (84.99 value) with the purchase of ANY LEGO Hard To Find Creator set - (Details)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

joelones
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by joelones » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:39 am

If you're not a VIP member, and register now will this count towards your points. Or must you make a first purchase to become a VIP?

Exastify
I'm New !

Post by Exastify » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:41 am

Marcus70 wrote:
Luciant wrote:I've been wanting the Palace Cinema for my Modular row, so figured 3x VIP, free holiday set, and the added sticker was a pretty decent deal. I don't think we'll see any "buy palace cinema, get this set free" deal, so I think it's the best deal you're looking at.
Toys R Us currently has your free set when you buy a Modular Building (creator only):

Online Only! FREE LEGO Creator Highway Pickup (84.99 value) with the purchase of ANY LEGO Hard To Find Creator set - (Details)

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... age=search" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Online only, and it's out of stock.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:55 am

Assuming they have the 3x VIP points next week, you could also get an additional PAB box, if you have a store near by.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:33 pm

joelones wrote:If you're not a VIP member, and register now will this count towards your points. Or must you make a first purchase to become a VIP?
The 'fine print' states you must be a VIP member registered prior to Nov. 15th to be eligible for this promotion, sorry! If this is truly a preview of Black Friday, register now - maybe the 3xVIP promo will be available again on that day and you will be in the door to receive it.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:24 pm

Exastify wrote:
Marcus70 wrote:

Yeah, pnline order and pick up in store only for the freebie set, ship to home option is crossed out.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:36 pm

Website is back up and working. Picked up an Ewok village and winter village cottage. 2 separate orders of course. Now I'm going to have 70$ worth of VIP points burning a hole in my pocket. Wonder what I should get.

ss7man
Peasant
Peasant

Post by ss7man » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:01 pm

I bought the MKII 42009 crane at regular price. Sales does not look too good. I'm getting $60 back plus another $10.95 (5%) using a fatwallet cashback plus another ($2) 1% from credit card. So about ~$146 for this. But I have to now spend that $60 on another set and shell probably more out of pocket cash. I hope Black Friday sales will be better with instant discount then points.

kibosh
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kibosh » Sat Nov 23, 2013 3:24 pm

dulait wrote:
Exastify wrote:
Marcus70 wrote:

Yeah, pnline order and pick up in store only for the freebie set, ship to home option is crossed out.
Interesting. I wonder how that would work, or IF it would work. I've had my eye on that set for a while. Getting it free is way better to me that the free movie poster sticker, holiday set, and $20 worth of VIP points.

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:28 pm

I called a store to see if there was any word on the in-store deal for BF. I was told just the regular 1x VIP points and some sets would be 10-50% off. The discounted sets will definitely NOT include any of the Exclusive/HTF/modular sets. They will have some kind of card thing, I believe similar to the one from today. i believe you would still get the Xmas set #2 and a a PaB box. Without a break on the HTF sets, I will skip the BF madness.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:12 pm

I did not get a confirmation email and my order is not showing up on my account. Anyone else?

dpetrie
I'm New !

Post by dpetrie » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:34 pm

I placed three orders. I received an email confirmation for the first. Both the first and second appear on my account at shop.lego.com. My third order, placed about 2 hours ago, is not showing up.

All three hit my credit card, though.