LEGO Black Friday 2013 VIP Early Access (USA & Canada)

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Black Friday 2013 VIP Early Access (USA & Canada)

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:35 pm

If you are a LEGO VIP, LEGO Shop at Home (USA | Canada) will be offering early access to this year's LEGO Black Friday 2013 promotions! Valid today only on November 23, 2013. Discounts and promotions will be activated after you log in to your LEGO VIP account.

USA & Canada 2013 Black Friday LEGO Promotions (November 23rd only)

Triple VIP points on all purchases
Free shipping with any purchase (no minimum required)
Free 40083 Limited Edition Christmas set 2 of 2 (shown above) with orders of $99 or more
Shop Now: USA | Canada

Other Ongoing Promotions

Free Exclusive Clone Trooper Lieutenant with LEGO Star Wars purchases of $50 or more (promotion extended from last month!)
Free The LEGO Movie poster sticker with purchases of Palace Cinema (until December 31st)
Shop Now: USA | Canada

*All promotions and sales are stackable. Great time to pick up some of those LEGO exclusives like the Ewok Village!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-black-frida ... sa-canada/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO Black Friday 2013 VIP Early Access (USA & Canada)

Post by Marcus70 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:12 pm

You forgot "free shipping on any purchase" for VIPs on the 23rd (though it seems to add more days to ship - like Amazon does on their free shipping orders).

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:28 pm

Thanks Marcus.

lego the hutt
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by lego the hutt » Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:38 pm

Awesome, I talked the wife into buying me an Ewok Village for Christmas! :up:

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:14 am

3x points? Might be time to buy myself that haunted house

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:55 am

By combining triple points with buying stuff already on sale, I ended up netting close to 45% off on my total order, all on stuff that is LEGO store exclusive or LEGO+1 retailer exclusive... ie, hard to get deep discounts on by the usual methods. I'm very satisfied with this promotion. I'm glad I held out and held off in Bricktober, only one thing on sale I wanted went out of stock in the interim. I hope they are still sending out those bonus minifigs, then it would be a real win. 15% back in VIP points alone wouldn't tempt me to buy anything not on sale, though, since I'm not in the market for the big-ticket exclusives.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:08 am

Some of my VIP points are set to expire... what to buy... what to buy...?

Thinking of getting the next modular on the list (PS), but will end up being $184 after $35 points redemption and taxes. But I will also earn 494 in points so $25 in rewards. Yay or nay?

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:32 am

Legobrandon wrote:Some of my VIP points are set to expire... what to buy... what to buy...?

Thinking of getting the next modular on the list (PS), but will end up being $184 after $35 points redemption and taxes. But I will also earn 494 in points so $25 in rewards. Yay or nay?
We normally get 5%, with triple points, it is 15%, yet we all have to remember that it really apply on the next purchase and not the current. For the exclusives, I guess it might be a yay if the rumor of them restricting retailer is in effect, but as someone have already mentioned on another thread, retailers have already find ways around that, so it might be a nay if for example, Toys R Us Canada plan to have a sale like the one Toys R US USA are running now. But definitely nay to the regular stuff which we can always get cheaper else where, unless you have tons of soon to expire points to spend.

Also the Clone Trooper Lieutenant poly seem pretty unpopular. What is this? Three months in a row now? Maybe they should simply either just give them out as a free promo, or make it with any theme purchase instead of just on the Star Wars theme.

wegj
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by wegj » Sat Nov 23, 2013 2:49 am

Finally grabbed the power functions to power my trains
WEGJ–keep creating!
http://BRICKSTORMS.com Custom Models + Minifigs

akunthita
Citizen
Citizen

Post by akunthita » Sat Nov 23, 2013 6:37 am

It's a great deal, but why do they call it a Black Friday deal? Black Friday is not until the 29th! :eh:
Tips & tricks with LEGO Bricks! http://thebrickblogger.com/

brixter
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brixter » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:06 am

Do we know if this is the same deal that will be in store on BF? I had read there would be a $10 GC if you spent $100 or some amount and you needed to use the GC in December. Any intell out there?

supercal
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by supercal » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:13 am

Is there a link to which items are on sale?

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:34 am

Nothing new is on sale as far as I can tell....just the same things that have been marked down by LEGO on their "sales and deals" page which can be located on a tab near the top of the S@H webpage.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:49 am

brixter wrote:Do we know if this is the same deal that will be in store on BF? I had read there would be a $10 GC if you spent $100 or some amount and you needed to use the GC in December. Any intell out there?
That's the question for me, too. Not so much in store, but if this is only BF Preview, what else is gonna happen on the actual BF? If it's just that some sets are going to be discounted, I should go ahead and buy now before chancing that what I want will still be in stock, since I'm sure nothing I'm buying will be discounted anyway. But if there's an additional % off or a GC, AND 3x VIP, well that's pretty sweet. Decisions decisions.

eliminator
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by eliminator » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:09 am

Ordered the Haunted House. Can't seem to get this set on sale anywhere, so 3x VIP points and the free holiday set is better than nothing.

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:24 am

The 3x VIP points is tempting...but I think I'll hold back

ahcow
Citizen
Citizen

Post by ahcow » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:56 am

As usual, Lego.com is messed up. I am not seeing the Xmas set being added. Will just have to ask CS to if it later.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:01 am

Yay for free shipping!

mattlee1965
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mattlee1965 » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:26 am

Why did the UK get a way better deal than us? ex. 10% off 100 pounds + their regular VIP points versus our 3x VIP points. They get the savings up front.

Also why did they actually get lego sets discounted and we didn't? ex. 40% off unexpected gathering.

I was rather disappointed that the only set that I wanted to get is now sold out: Batman Funhouse - oh well should have lived on the east coast.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Nov 23, 2013 9:51 am

mattlee1965 wrote:Why did the UK get a way better deal than us? ex. 10% off 100 pounds + their regular VIP points versus our 3x VIP points. They get the savings up front.

Also why did they actually get lego sets discounted and we didn't? ex. 40% off unexpected gathering.

I was rather disappointed that the only set that I wanted to get is now sold out: Batman Funhouse - oh well should have lived on the east coast.
Because they pay more than us for sets. If you convert $60 pounds to American dollars the Hobbit set would cost $95. So even on sale it would cost you $56 and it's currently $55 on Amazon with free shipping and no tax in 35 states. Also if you spend under $100 you get 15% off and if you spend over $100 you still get 15% off. So we are getting the better deals.

I'm sad the little deer Friends set is sold out.