USA Toys R Us LEGO Sale - 38% off TMNT Baxter Robot Rampage

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: USA Toys R Us LEGO Sale - 38% off TMNT Baxter Robot Ramp

Post by grymg » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:25 pm

dulait wrote:
grymg wrote:Yeah it is getting to the point where 20% off is not a good deal anymore, 30-40% is worth holding out for.
That is true, and I recall someone on here said if they were to do any kind of sale like this, then the business would close. I guess Toys R Us will be closing soon then?
I am in the camp that thinks TRU should go, the prices are absurd and the savvy consumers are going to Target, Walmart, or online now to get their purchases.

Only reason why I go there nowadays are for their exclusives, sales, promos, and when I have a 20% off coupon. And for baby registries. . .

And I think they exclusively carry the chuggington line because I can't find it at Target or Walmart.

beartrapper25
Knight
Knight

Post by beartrapper25 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:31 pm

If you haven't done so already create a wishlist on TRU before 11/27. If you purchase $100 worth of stuff from your list you will get a $10 gift card. You can create up to 6 wishlists. :)

Dmendro
I'm New !

Post by Dmendro » Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:31 pm

In for the Lone Ranger Train set and a Attack on Hoth set at 50%. Anyone know what I need to motorize the train?

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:17 pm

There's some info on eurobricks regarding modding the Power Functions module onto the tender. You can't onto the locomotive, there isn't enough room. Just word of warning, PF is pretty expensive.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:28 pm

brickmont13 wrote:I was able to get my TRU to price match the sale prices shown above. I got the stage coach + xmas tree for $21, I'm going to go back after work to get the TMNT for another x-mas tree set. =P

I'm surprised the TRU actually has some good deals.
Did the same, got the stagecoach with the free christmas tree poly :)

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:03 am

I got the 50% off sale on the SW Hoth set, Chima Eagle interceptor, Technic jet, Castle gold and the TMNT Robot sets. Not like getting half-off of MSRP, but pretty good for TRU. I also picked up the last Vampyre Castle they had for $79 since I don't think I will be able to get this for less anywhere else. Luckily they had a few X-mas tree sets left.

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:36 am

grymg wrote:I am in the camp that thinks TRU should go, the prices are absurd and the savvy consumers are going to Target, Walmart, or online now to get their purchases.

Only reason why I go there nowadays are for their exclusives, sales, promos, and when I have a 20% off coupon. And for baby registries. . .

And I think they exclusively carry the chuggington line because I can't find it at Target or Walmart.
I don't think anyone who likes deals should wish for TRU's demise. That just means one less store with potential deals and less competition for the remaining stores. Even before this "50% off" sale, they had the technic pickup tow truck for $50 and the Vampyre Castle for $79.99. Those are all great deals and you could stack the $10 gc coupon with them as well.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:42 am

I didn't expect this good of a sale from TRU. I hope it's a sign of better sales this year. I'm sure they have their reasons for hitting the "panic button" early, what with being $5 billion in debt. Give us a good ol' all inclusive BOGO and I won't spend my money anywhere else, and TRU might make it another few years. Win-win.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:23 am

krayzie wrote:I don't think anyone who likes deals should wish for TRU's demise. That just means one less store with potential deals and less competition for the remaining stores. Even before this "50% off" sale, they had the technic pickup tow truck for $50 and the Vampyre Castle for $79.99. Those are all great deals and you could stack the $10 gc coupon with them as well.
True, yes good point competition is a good thing. I guess what I meant to say is I'm amazed that TRU has been able to hold on so long by just their exclusives alone, because otherwise other stores trump them in pricing everytime.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:33 am

Spent over $300 on this sale. Haven't made such a TRU spree since the old less inflated Brickober days of B2G1.

slisa51
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by slisa51 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:50 am

This Is a great sale. I am holding out for Saturday when cardholders get an additional 10% off, or 25% off is you sign up for the card that day.

zskid00
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by zskid00 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 10:54 am

I had the free $10 gift card coupon from the Wendy's kids meal and the cashier couldn't apply it since I was getting the free Christmas tree promo. It wouldn't allow both promos to go through on the same transaction, so the manager just dropped the price by $10. I got the LR Constitution Train set and the promo tree polybag for $59 after tax.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:22 am

Stupid me read 'Vampyre Castle' and thought 'Haunted Mansion'. I was really excited for a few minutes until I realized the error in my logic...

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:32 pm

Haunted Mansion is on the "no discounts" list, so don't expect anything. Besides, never saw one in store besides at the Lego store. It would be crazy nice to have that, bust it out every Halloween.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:36 pm

slisa51 wrote:This Is a great sale. I am holding out for Saturday when cardholders get an additional 10% off, or 25% off is you sign up for the card that day.

Might not have any left in stock by then.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 12:46 pm

Bystander wrote: I also picked up the last Vampyre Castle they had for $79 since I don't think I will be able to get this for less anywhere else.
I'm debating if I should get another vamp castle, TRU is the only retail store around me that sitll has the Monster Fighters line left in stock. GAHHHHHHH I hate these decisions....I think I will get another one but I'll have to hide it in my car so the GF doesn't find it. I'll get a MEGA death stare.

One thing that sucks about the Vampyre castle that TRU has is that they're the set with the Non-Glow in the dark stickers for the castle. I can always buy a glow sticker set from bricklink but half the time I don't even apply the stickers so I guess it won't matter.

EDIT: There is a Wendy's two blocks from my TRU, thank you google maps :clap:

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 1:22 pm

Does anyone know if all of the Lone Ranger sets are discounted? I'd be tempted to get the Comanche Camp if it's 50% off.

gamecocksteeple
I'm New !

Post by gamecocksteeple » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:11 pm

Comanche camp was not on sale at my TRU.

brickmont13
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by brickmont13 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:25 pm

gamecocksteeple wrote:Comanche camp was not on sale at my TRU.
Thanks for the info.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Tue Nov 19, 2013 3:09 pm

slisa51 wrote:This Is a great sale. I am holding out for Saturday when cardholders get an additional 10% off, or 25% off is you sign up for the card that day.
This Saturday discount: where are the details? Is the % off only for certain items, I.e. only those already on sale?