LEGOShop October 2013 Sales & Offers

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGOShop October 2013 Sales & Offers

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Sep 30, 2013 7:19 pm

October is now here and of course, there’s new promotions and products! This month, LEGOShop at Home (USA | Canada | UK) will be offering the promotions listed below. The major highlight would be double VIP points.

Double VIP Points on ALL LEGO Purchases (October 1-31)
FREE Clone Trooper Lieutenant with LEGO Star Wars purchases of $50 or more! (October 1-31: USA & Canada only)

*Remember that from October 14-31, you can also receive a free Exclusive 1 of 2 Holiday Set when you spend $99 or more.

2013 October New Product Launch

New products are now available including 21018 United Nations Headquarters, 10235 Winter Village Market and new accessories. As always, remember that LEGO Shop offers free shipping on orders above $75/£50/€55. See What’s New: US |  Canada | UK

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/legoshop-october ... -products/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Exastify
I'm New !

Re: LEGOShop October 2013 Sales & Offers

Post by Exastify » Mon Oct 14, 2013 12:45 am

Buy $100 worth of product, with at least $50 being star wars. You get:
  • Your $100 worth of product
  • Free holiday set (worth ~$25?)
  • Free clone trooper lieutenant (~$10)
  • Free lego employee (~$10)
  • Double VIP points ($10)
Not bad! Picked up a rebublic starcruiser and a business card stand.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:52 am

Is the Lego employee for sure or is it a hit and miss when placing an order?
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

Congruence
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Congruence » Mon Oct 14, 2013 5:58 am

Lego employee seems to be going to US orders only. Had a friend receive an order while they were down there last week so hoping I got one through that.

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Mon Oct 14, 2013 6:34 am

I placed many online orders this am and there was no Lego employee in the shopping cart. No big deal.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:39 am

Would be nice if they'd also send the employee out to other countries. I am puzzled about Canada as the orders come from the same place as US orders (same shipping facility). But oh well - probably gonna get one through BL.
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Mon Oct 14, 2013 8:06 am

I love that the holiday set is at $99+ not $100. I was all prepared to add something I didn't need to my Winter sets, and lo! There it twas.

And the LEGO shop guy doesn't show up in your cart at all, just the chance it may be a "surprise" in your package.

flynnibus
I'm New !

Post by flynnibus » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:17 am

Exastify wrote:Buy $100 worth of product, with at least $50 being star wars. You get:
  • Your $100 worth of product
  • Free clone trooper lieutenant (~$10)
  • Free lego employee (~$10)
  • Double VIP points ($10)
Not bad! Picked up a rebublic starcruiser and a business card stand.
And I just ordered my x-wing at the start of the month and only got the VIP and clone trooper :(

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:49 am

harry99 wrote:Would be nice if they'd also send the employee out to other countries. I am puzzled about Canada as the orders come from the same place as US orders (same shipping facility). But oh well - probably gonna get one through BL.
People in the UK reported that it is a US only thing. So hard to say but if they do ship with it then it might just be worth it to order from them. An extra value of $5-20 from the employee figure is nice.

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:19 am

Does anyone know if they will still give this Exclusive Holiday Set out during thanksgiving?
As I remembered, they had something like 10% off around Black Friday.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:37 am

hikari wrote:Does anyone know if they will still give this Exclusive Holiday Set out during thanksgiving?
October will be set one of two, next month, Black Friday will be set two of two. So no, by next month you will only get set two not this one. Got to see if you want this set with double points, or a discount with set two next month.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:43 am

Exastify wrote:
The Holiday Exclusive sets are generally regarded as $10 or $15 items. Two years ago, the two halves of the "Christmas Morning" living room diorama were each valued at $9.99 and last year's horse-drawn carriage was given a value of $14.99.
hikari wrote:Does anyone know if they will still give this Exclusive Holiday Set out during thanksgiving?
There is a second exclusive Holiday set for "Black Friday/Weekend" this year. This month it's "set 1 of 2".
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:35 am

dulait wrote:
October will be set one of two, next month, Black Friday will be set two of two. So no, by next month you will only get set two not this one. Got to see if you want this set with double points, or a discount with set two next month.
Thanks! Just googled about the second set. I like this one more than the second set of a truck. Guess I will buy a winter village cottage to get this set.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Oct 14, 2013 9:27 pm

It would be nice to know if the Store Employee minifig is being added to cart. It would make decisions about additional orders easier. I'm going to assume that it's not so that it will just be a bonus surprise.

frackbricks
Citizen
Citizen

Post by frackbricks » Tue Oct 15, 2013 5:52 am

The question you have to ask yourself about this set. How hard is it going to be to build it? Not hard at all. I have all of the parts and it is already built. As far as the 10% off on Black Friday, if 10% makes a person jump up in the air like a cheerleader, then go for it. I will be at home on Black Friday ordering my stuff from Lego. That way I don't have to deal with the lines and the crazy people.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:00 am

SpaceNinjaDino wrote:It would be nice to know if the Store Employee minifig is being added to cart. It would make decisions about additional orders easier. I'm going to assume that it's not so that it will just be a bonus surprise.
I placed a small order (under $25) to see if I would get the Store Employee minifig. I was afraid to wait until 10/14 to order $100 worth and get my free holiday set. I was NOT on the order, but did come with my items. I ordered one item that was boxed and some polys. I felt that I had a better chance of getting it if they needed to use a box rather than a padded envelope to ship it.

I think it was like those Chima starter sets, not listed on the order, just with the goods. ;-)

I'm debating if I should just order my Winter Market on-line.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Fri Oct 18, 2013 6:47 am

I placed 2 orders on my iphone on Monday 10/14. One was for EV3 and one was Winter Market. They both arrived yesterday with bonus holiday tree stand set and bonus employee mini figure. I am in Dallas,TX.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Fri Oct 18, 2013 11:04 am

scatmanjack wrote:I placed 2 orders on my iphone on Monday 10/14. One was for EV3 and one was Winter Market. They both arrived yesterday with bonus holiday tree stand set and bonus employee mini figure. I am in Dallas,TX.
This is good to hear I hope I get them as well

zztoy
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zztoy » Sun Oct 27, 2013 3:59 pm

Well, I'm assuming the last of the Lego "employee" mini figures are gone. Just received orders Saturday and there were none present. Did receive some on prior orders.

grymg
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by grymg » Sun Oct 27, 2013 4:17 pm

got my box Saturday and no employee. So that's it.