LEGO 10243 Parisian Restaurant Press Release

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Press Release for New set Tonight

Post by Ice » Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Check front page at http://www.toysnbricks.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for details regarding this upcoming set. We will reveal it tonight, October 4th at 7:30pm PST / 10:30 PM EST / Saturday, October 5th at 3:00 AM GMT.

Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO 10243 Parisian Restaurant Press Release

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:30 pm

The next modular building for 2014, LEGO 10243 Parisian Restaurant was unveiled at BrickCon in Seattle tonight. If you can't make it, not to worry as we've got all the pictures and info for this brand-new set! The set will be available beginning January 2014 at LEGO Brand Stores and LEGO Shop at Home. Additional pictures available on our Flickr Photostream.

10243 Parisian Restaurant

Ages 16+.  2,469 pieces.

Have an unforgettable evening at the amazing Parisian Restaurant!

US $159.99 - CA $189.99 - DE 149.99 € - UK 132.99 £ - DK  1299.00 DKK

It’s very busy in the Parisian Restaurant. As a scooter zips by, inside the waiter rushes between the tables as the nervous young man gets ready to propose with the ring! It’s just as hectic behind the scenes, with the chef busily preparing the food. This beautifully detailed building is the setting for so many stories and is a great addition to the modular building series. The Parisian Restaurant has a fully-stocked, blue and white tiled kitchen with tableware as well as a cozy apartment with pull-down bed, kitchenette and fireplace. On the top floor is the artist’s room with a studio that includes a cast iron heater, easel, paintbrush and two works of art by the aspiring artist. Outside, stairs lead down to the roof terrace lined with hanging lanterns and flowers where the diners eat alfresco-style. This amazing Parisian Restaurant model even includes a facade with croissants, clams and feather details that recapture the feel of Paris. Includes 5 minifigures: chef, waiter, girl and a romantic couple.

Includes 5 minifigures: chef, waiter, girl and a romantic couple
Also includes a rat, seagull and 2 clams
Kitchen features blue and white tiled floor, lots of kitchen units and a variety of utensils
Second-floor apartment features a pull-down bed, kitchenette and fireplace
Top floor features an opening roof revealing an artist’s studio with heater, easel, paintbrush, palette and artwork
Includes lots of food items for the customers including croissants, a pie, 2 cupcakes, 2 grapes, 2 hotdogs, turkey, cheese wedges, milk carton and colored bottles
Also includes hard-to-find white croissants and bricks in olive green, dark blue and dark red
Intricate exterior details include facade with croissant detailing, bus stop, sidewalk, scooter and even a dumpster and trash can at the back
Put up the printed restaurant sign and menu to entice the customers in
Collect and build an entire town with the LEGO Modular Buildings collection: 10224 Town Hall and 10232 Palace Cinema!
Measures over 11" (30cm) high, 9" (25cm) long and 9" (25cm) wide

Below is the Youtube Designer Video for this set. Check it out to get a closer look at the set!

Article Link: http://toysnbricks.com/lego-10243-parisian-restaurant/
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

potato_chip
I'm New !

Re: Press Release for New set Tonight

Post by potato_chip » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:37 pm

Wow. This is beautiful! Thank you for the news!

podgi237
Citizen
Citizen

Post by podgi237 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:44 pm

Sick!!!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:46 pm

Almost 2500 pieces and only $190 (CAN)? I am so in! Looks amazing.!
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:51 pm

This doesn't make sense, the American MSRP went up by $10 while the Canadian MSRP went down by $10! Good news for us Canadians, it's not much, but we are moving a step towards a more similar price point with our friends down south!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:53 pm

Awesome set. I like all the details. I just still don't understand why designers of modular set (except the corner set) did not fully utilize the space at the back of the house. The house could be made bigger which would allow more room for furnitures.

Anyway, shut Up and Take My Money! :-)

EDIT: Poor lego people lives in a place/town without washroom.

theplasticone
I'm New !

Post by theplasticone » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:16 pm

legohunter wrote:EDIT: Poor lego people lives in a place/town without washroom.
No, it's very green neighborhood. They **** bricks.

lemus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by lemus » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:23 pm

^LOL

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:24 pm

That's beautiful. I don't own any of them, but I like the apartment / pet store, green grocery, and the department store, but wow is this beautiful, maybe my favorite.

EDIT - Whatever happened to the sand red color? We still have sand green, and this weird olive green, sand red would be awesome.
Last edited by Brick & Blue on Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toyz4me
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by toyz4me » Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:32 pm

Didn't see this one coming! NICE!! Neighborhood getting something different very soon.

MY Lego town was getting sick of just pizza )))

bea
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by bea » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:18 pm

I love it. Wasn't impressed with the cinema, but this one is great!

swills
Peasant
Peasant

Post by swills » Fri Oct 04, 2013 9:42 pm

I like all the modulars really, but this easily surpasses any of the previous ones for me. Really beautifully designed set. Lots of cool pieces and I LOVE the $190CA for 2469 pieces. Can't wait to pick 1-2 of these up!

Essien8
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Essien8 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 11:27 pm

Wow! This set really does look amazing. Lots of detail, playability, and a spectacular array of fairly unique colors and elements... Definitely looking forward to this one.

Mrbill317
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Mrbill317 » Sat Oct 05, 2013 12:47 am

This will look great , wonder if they are finally going to retire the Fire House?

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:57 am

Scooter! Good looking set.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:12 am

Though the square "footage" of the set is a bit disappointing, the details are really fantastic. The Parisian plaster work corners (made of croissants and shells) are spot on and the drop down front on the attic is exceptional. this model is really all about the details.

Yes, it is sad, brick&blue, about sand red. i have been searching for years for an affordable cluster of that colour. Too bad I wasn't collecting when they had the packs available.

Excellent work on this and a great addition to the neighbourhood.

david

Monkey Shuttle
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Monkey Shuttle » Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:42 am

Wow, this is a nice set. I especially like the back door/dumpster addition as it adds more to the environment than just the building.

The flip down attic access was also a particularly nice touch. I've still yet to pick up the recent expensive sets like Arkham and the Cinema, and if I don't have them before January, I'm probably going to front-load this one.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Oct 05, 2013 7:31 am

dho7622u wrote:
Yes, it is sad, brick&blue, about sand red. i have been searching for years for an affordable cluster of that colour. Too bad I wasn't collecting when they had the packs available.
I was lucky and bought some bags when LEGO did bulk bags before the pick-a-brick days. I have some 1x6 and 1x2 that give me enough to do a small section of a building. Shortly after they retired the wonderful color, I've always hoped they would bring it back for a set like this. Maybe in 2015! :)

Sadly I missed out on the Cypress trees. :(

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:15 pm

Finally a restaurant! And a really good one at that. Completely beautiful and high marks all across the board.

My question is when are they going to release the next set of mini modulars. I hope they had enough success with the first mini modulars to keep releasing the series. Since they canceled the SW Planet sets, my mini dreams have been crushed on that front, but at the same time they had huge success with Minecraft.