[USA] Halloween polybags at Target

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Halloween polybags at Target

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Mon Sep 09, 2013 2:21 am

I spotted the 30230 Mini Mech at checkout as I was leaving today. Didn't get a chance to check the seasonal.

I wouldn't mind the TIE Fighter if it was redone with gray instead of blue and a printed windscreen/dish.

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Mon Sep 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Mantisking wrote:... The Framingham store had a few Halloween things out but no spot for Lego yet as far as I could see.
ncbarrett wrote:The lego sets were on an endcap next to back to school stuff, so make sure you check there.
Found 'em! I cleaned out all six Umbaran MHC polybags they had in stock.

DmChylde
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by DmChylde » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:08 am

Fire car is in stock @ Keizer station store at the check stands, but not in the Salem, OR store.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:40 pm

I found the Witch in Stoughton, MA. They had maybe 12 on a peg on an end-cap. Halloween is about 80% set up. They also had the Umbaran MHC.

I'm glad I found the witch, somehow we missed out on it last year.

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:11 am

For whatever reason, the witch set seems to be rather rare in my area. I've gone to 7 different targets so far and only 2 have actually had them. I am guessing corporate screwed up the distribution as every Target had the Umbaran MHC.

I like that the witch has a removable hat so you can store stuff inside. I wish the pumpkin from the lego store had the same type of build.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:54 am

krayzie wrote:For whatever reason, the witch set seems to be rather rare in my area. I've gone to 7 different targets so far and only 2 have actually had them. I am guessing corporate screwed up the distribution as every Target had the Umbaran MHC.

I like that the witch has a removable hat so you can store stuff inside. I wish the pumpkin from the lego store had the same type of build.
FWIW I think the Witch 40032 was only done in small batches to each Target store but I could be wrong and they could end releasing more once October rolls around and Halloween is closer.

Also, someone can correct me if I'm wrong but this was either last year or the year before release at the LBS as well, I think it was last year and this polybag set sat at the LBS for a long time before it finally cycled out so this could very well be a small amount of left over stock that Target acquired from TLG.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:58 am

On a different note anyone finding polybag 30221 Fire Car at Target for $4.19 or more?
I finally found it at one Target and it came up at $4.19 :down: instead of the reported $3.99.

krayzie
Citizen
Citizen

Post by krayzie » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:23 am

Some Targets have different pricing based on the area they're located in. Sounds like you found the rich people Target!

The witch set doesn't seem to be that limited at the stores that actually have them. Whenever I called my local store to see if they got them in yet, the 3 stores closest to me that actaully had them in stock all had 40+. I was checking my local store scanners for stock in the back before they ever setup Halloween and I never saw them in stock.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:29 am

1brickshyofcrazy wrote:On a different note anyone finding polybag 30221 Fire Car at Target for $4.19 or more?
I finally found it at one Target and it came up at $4.19 :down: instead of the reported $3.99.
For a while the Targets near me had increased polybags to $4.19 or $4.29, I can't recall which. They seemed to have gone back down to $3.99 and hopefully they will keep it that way.

Cara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Cara » Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:16 am

Poly bags where I am have gone up to $4.69. I just bought a few orange guy galaxy squad ones for the kids. It was a bit of sticker shock.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:37 am

krayzie wrote:Some Targets have different pricing based on the area they're located in. Sounds like you found the rich people Target!
Actually this is IMO not true at all since the one Target I found these at is further from the rich people or rich area and I've seen the rich areas have lower prices but anyway what @atmail35 said is more like I thinking that most Target in the area dropped the polybags back down to $3.99 from the $4.xx.
Oh well the search goes on, I think I'll have them by next week if not sooner. :up:
atmail35 wrote:For a while the Targets near me had increased polybags to $4.19 or $4.29, I can't recall which. They seemed to have gone back down to $3.99 and hopefully they will keep it that way.

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Mon Sep 30, 2013 5:42 am

Cara wrote:Poly bags where I am have gone up to $4.69. I just bought a few orange guy galaxy squad ones for the kids. It was a bit of sticker shock.
Wow now that's definitely a sticker shock especially since it was available at Walmart back in February for $3.97 and I think those are $3.99 here at Target...

Rhodebrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Rhodebrick » Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:08 pm

SE Massachusetts target had about a half dozen witch box polybags. These are repeats from last year or the year before. Boring and disappointing.

Rhodebrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Rhodebrick » Thu Oct 17, 2013 6:35 pm

South Attleboro mass target had tons of the witch poly bags. Boring.