LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by Mantisking » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:17 am

The Target in Framingham has them. I grabbed eight (Disco Stu, Explorer, Mime, Spartan, Vampire, Karateka, and Pharaoh(x2)) on Wednesday of last week.

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:08 pm

Good finds in Central PA and North Central MD.

ToysRus in York PA had nearly one full box on Friday afternoon. I bought 11 figures and was able to feel the packages to get only the ones I wanted with no mistakes. Only two Spartans. Didn't keep track of the other figures, but felt up every package.

ToysRus in Harrisburg got them sometime this past weekend. There was an empty display box at register 5 this afternoon when I returned my 11 York minifigures because I was lucky enough to find the minifigures at Lutherville-Timonium MD Target. The seasonal display was nearly overflowing.

I had also ordered and received my 16 from Legoshop.com and my mix wasn't too bad:
two extra witches
two extra blackbelts
one extra I don't recall

If your local Target does not yet have them and you have other nearby Targets you're willing to drive to, ask an employee to see if any of the other nearby stores have them. Two days before I made it to Timonium I was informed they had 118 in stock. Most seemed to be there Saturday night at 9:30. Most of that number are still there.

And yes, it seems Spartans are hard to find everywhere. Obviously Lego plans on flooding the market in a few months when they license Frank Miller's 300.

-Paul
Last edited by Brickbuilder0937 on Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed a four letter word

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Sep 13, 2010 5:26 pm

Lego in West Nyack NY has two box out right now. I was able to get one set. Target in the mall has been picked. Only had two baywatch girl and two ring master. Target in spring valley has 1 1/2 box. Display boxes are still there. Good hunting

xoodus
I'm New !

Post by xoodus » Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:09 am

UK users - I've just got back from buying a few at my local The Entertainer store. I spent a while speaking to the lovely lady at the till and she said they were already on their third case since getting them last Thursday! She was very helpful and even scanned the small barcodes and let me know which ones they were with their own cheat-sheat of codes.

The bad news is that because of the company policy they don't have any of the witches or vampires. She said that they go through all the cases at the warehouse when they recieve them from Lego and take them out! Someone has a boring job! I asked what they do with them and if there's any way of getting hold of them but she said she had no idea. Somewhere, maybe back at Lego, there is a huge stack of vampires and witches.

I'm yet to see them at my local WH Smiths (or anywhere else) so I'll just have to wait to find them. I know this isn't the right thread for asking about trades - so I'm not going to!

slow1234
I'm New !

Post by slow1234 » Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:53 pm

slow1234 wrote:Victoria, BC, Canada status...

The TRU in Mayfair Mall doesn't have any, but the floor manager said they could be coming in any time. He anticipates they will go quickly.
UPDATE: I just talked with the TRU at Mayfair - they don't have any figures yet, but are expecting them. The warehouse manager said the LEGO rep was in yesterday, and the manager asked her specifically about the figures. The LEGO rep didn't know when they would arrive. They are coming though!

I asked the manager whether he'd been getting lots of calls, and he said that in the two hours they've been open today, he's already had 5 or 6 calls specifically about the minifigs!

slow

NIGELTTF
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by NIGELTTF » Tue Sep 14, 2010 1:10 pm

xoodus wrote:UK users - I've just got back from buying a few at my local The Entertainer store. I spent a while speaking to the lovely lady at the till and she said they were already on their third case since getting them last Thursday! She was very helpful and even scanned the small barcodes and let me know which ones they were with their own cheat-sheat of codes.

The bad news is that because of the company policy they don't have any of the witches or vampires. She said that they go through all the cases at the warehouse when they recieve them from Lego and take them out! Someone has a boring job! I asked what they do with them and if there's any way of getting hold of them but she said she had no idea. Somewhere, maybe back at Lego, there is a huge stack of vampires and witches.

I'm yet to see them at my local WH Smiths (or anywhere else) so I'll just have to wait to find them. I know this isn't the right thread for asking about trades - so I'm not going to!
No Witches or Vampires??? What superstitous nonesense would cause a company policy like that? :evil:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:56 pm

NIGELTTF wrote:No Witches or Vampires??? What superstitous nonesense would cause a company policy like that? :evil:
The same kind that causes people to not allow Harry Potter or Twilight books to be sold in their store, since they promote witchcraft and evil. I find it rather ridiculous myself.
xoodus wrote:Somewhere, maybe back at Lego, there is a huge stack of vampires and witches.
I bet they are sent back to LEGO and enter the pool where the S@H purchases are pulled from.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:57 pm

Checked in at the Target on Rt. 33 in Harrisonburg, VA while on vacation. No CMFs2, but the bay was there. Spoke to an employee who turned out to be off the clock, just shopping after his shift, who told me to check back on Friday, since that would be the next day they would possibly get them in. He seemed to be under the impression they would be getting more, so if you're in the area on Friday, check it out. If you get there before me, please be kind enough as to leave me a Spartan for the tip ;)

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:58 pm

My target is now selling the minifigures for $2.99. Do anyone know if it is probably my target or is it every target?

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:09 pm

gabriellee11 wrote:My target is now selling the minifigures for $2.99. Do anyone know if it is probably my target or is it every target?
I bought three today at the Target in Framingham, MA. Still $1.99.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:54 pm

well went to my local LEGO store and completed my set even picked up an extra Spartan, just because, it seems like the market is now flooded with these minifigs since their everywhere.

stocktheodds
I'm New !

Post by stocktheodds » Fri Sep 17, 2010 1:34 pm

Toys R Us online says they have the minifigs in stock:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=4403308

fai
Citizen
Citizen

Post by fai » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:54 pm

Mantisking wrote:
gabriellee11 wrote:My target is now selling the minifigures for $2.99. Do anyone know if it is probably my target or is it every target?
I bought three today at the Target in Framingham, MA. Still $1.99.
My target at Miami, FL is also selling the minifigures for $2.99.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:04 pm

fai wrote:My target at Miami, FL is also selling the minifigures for $2.99.
Wow, man, I don't like that trend!

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Sep 17, 2010 3:50 pm

vynsane wrote:
Most likely TLC is raising price of S3 to $2.99 ea. Hopefully this also means quality will improve as prod moves to Czech or Mexico. We know Target doesn't price above MSRP. Any price increase is usually foretelling the future. Like the SW battlepacks, for e.g.

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:08 pm

natelite wrote:
vynsane wrote:
Most likely TLC is raising price of S3 to $2.99 ea. Hopefully this also means quality will improve as prod moves to Czech or Mexico. We know Target doesn't price above MSRP. Any price increase is usually foretelling the future. Like the SW battlepacks, for e.g.
At Target East in Harrisburg PA, I don't think they've even gotten them in, but now the shelf tag says $2.99. What a disappointment.

Regarding the quality of the plastic, It seems like it's really just the legs/groin that are cheap plastic, like the figures, if you try to stand them on one foot, don't stay on the pegs too well. But for $2.99, they sure should be made from better plastic, something I mentioned not minding paying $2.49 or so for when S1 first came out.

Regarding S3, have any Lego sites reported images or names or anything?

Also, I remember some folks mentioning getting them some sort of wholesale for a case. Perhaps if people wanted to group together and then one person distributes sealed boxes. This might work against the argument of "you can get them for $1.79 each, but you have to buy something like 600 of them." Just a thought. Probably works best if the group is local and can trust each other or hunt down the bast$#@ that rips them off. Just a thought.

I checked the Wal-Mart in Silver Spring, PA and they had no idea what I was talking about even with the little pamphlet that comes inside the packs. What I forgot to bring was one of the empty packs. I forgot, anyone spot S2 at Wal-Mart yet?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:57 pm

natelite wrote:Most likely TLC is raising price of S3 to $2.99 ea. Hopefully this also means quality will improve as prod moves to Czech or Mexico. We know Target doesn't price above MSRP. Any price increase is usually foretelling the future. Like the SW battlepacks, for e.g.
I don't know... price increases don't always accompany quality increases. It usually just means you're going to pay more for the same thing.
hardtravelinghero wrote:Regarding the quality of the plastic, It seems like it's really just the legs/groin that are cheap plastic.
The arms have the dreaded 'cut-out' - the little rectangle of plastic missing on the inside part of the arm, which is a dead giveaway of figures made in China.
Regarding S3, have any Lego sites reported images or names or anything?
We're discussing CMFs3 over here and I reposted a post from EuroBricks regarding rumored offerings based on someone's sneak peek at the 2011 Retailer Catalog.
Also, I remember some folks mentioning getting them some sort of wholesale for a case. Perhaps if people wanted to group together and then one person distributes sealed boxes.
It's a possibility. Could be something to arrange through this site, if enough people were interested. Don't know how we'd keep it all honest, but I think we have a pretty enthusiastic and helpful community here.
I forgot, anyone spot S2 at Wal-Mart yet?
From what I gather, the only WMs stocking CMFs are in Canada.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Sat Sep 18, 2010 2:48 am

vynsane wrote:
US walmarts have them too. confirmed by a reputable brickset member/admin.

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Sat Sep 18, 2010 5:43 am

natelite wrote:
vynsane wrote:
US walmarts have them too. confirmed by a reputable brickset member/admin.
Anyone know what Wal-Mart is charging and have a link to the Brickset member's claim?

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:59 am

hardtravelinghero wrote:
Anyone know what Wal-Mart is charging and have a link to the Brickset member's claim?

My local walmarts have them at $1.97 ea.