LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by slacker » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:19 am

Nothing in Rockland NY target. We are slow up here to get any lego promo.

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 08, 2010 6:54 am

back in stock on lego.com

And tru.com (if you want to get ripped off)
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

haggie
I'm New !

Post by haggie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:34 pm

I just found the Minifigures at a Target in Denver, but (unless I'm missing something) they all have a generic barcode! The new code is 7341913048. I was only going to buy a few of the figures, but since I couldn't tell them apart, I ended up wiping the store out of the 30 they had. Haven't opened any yet.

haggie
I'm New !

Post by haggie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:36 pm

Make that 673419130486.

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:40 pm

The special barcode is the on right side of the package. The one with the numbers is for the store cash registers to read.

haggie
I'm New !

Post by haggie » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:45 pm

Wow. So you can't rely on the numbers, you have to rely on matching that barcode?! Guess I've got some squinting to do!

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:00 pm

Target has nothing but the Atlantis and World Racers seasonals in Harrisburg, PA. The seasonal displays are out, but about half empty, and it varies between the two Targets.

TRU had nothing either, but the City sets were cleared out pretty good. The City Advent Calendar was there though. I wonder if that is BOGO this week. Anyone know?

Regarding the bar codes, for series 1, my girlfriend and I were able to feel all of the packages to find which figures I wanted. She doesn't share my enthusiasm for the hobby, but she'll come to the store with me and she was usually spot on with her phrenology.

Usually the hair/helmet/etc. is the giveaway and if not that, the accessories are usually easy to figure out. Sometimes this requires a bunch of jiggling, but it worked and I avoided getting the handful I didn't want, like the diver, skater, "Indian", etc.

Therefore, if you've played with Lego long enough, the barcodes sheet is hardly necessary.

-Paul

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:06 pm

hardtravelinghero wrote:
Regarding the bar codes, for series 1, my girlfriend and I were able to feel all of the packages to find which figures I wanted...

Therefore, if you've played with Lego long enough, the barcodes sheet is hardly necessary.

-Paul
skis, sombrero, surfboard are easy to detect.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Wed Sep 08, 2010 4:47 pm

I don't know how much faith to put in this quote, as it seems it's more from experience with CMFs1 than hard facts about s2, but an employee I talked to at the NYC store today was under the impression they wouldn't be receiving any more... Like I said, though, take it with a grain of salt.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:15 am

Legoshop.com have them in stock now!!! No backorders!!

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:06 am

hardtravelinghero wrote:TRU had nothing either, but the City sets were cleared out pretty good. The City Advent Calendar was there though. I wonder if that is BOGO this week. Anyone know?
Just the city Advent, not the pirates.
Disclosure of location should be required when listing your finds!

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:08 am

possum wrote:
hardtravelinghero wrote:TRU had nothing either, but the City sets were cleared out pretty good. The City Advent Calendar was there though. I wonder if that is BOGO this week. Anyone know?

I concur with your signature. Do people feel a need to be greedy and secretive, even after they've cleaned out the minifigs in an area? I'm sure we all love Lego and minifigs a ridiculous amount, but in the end they don't give us any of our human necessities. It's not like if we were all trapped in a desert and one of us found a spring but didn't want to share it because it's a survival issue for his or her family (though we could argue about that one). Some of us need to get over ourselves and take this hobby a little less seriously. This is coming from someone who has been to two Targets every day for nearly a week, and TRU most T/Ths. If I never got the figures, I'd have no less a fulfilling life. But I sure as hell would enjoy the things. Plastic, lifeless things, no matter how much of an imagination you or I have. Toys. Hobby. Fun. Necessity they are not.

Excelsior,
Paul

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Fri Sep 10, 2010 8:21 am

2 partial boxes still at Monroe, MI Target.

possum
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by possum » Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:58 am

hardtravelinghero wrote:
possum wrote:

I concur with your signature. Do people feel a need to be greedy and secretive, even after they've cleaned out the minifigs in an area? I'm sure we all love Lego and minifigs a ridiculous amount, but in the end they don't give us any of our human necessities. It's not like if we were all trapped in a desert and one of us found a spring but didn't want to share it because it's a survival issue for his or her family (though we could argue about that one). Some of us need to get over ourselves and take this hobby a little less seriously. This is coming from someone who has been to two Targets every day for nearly a week, and TRU most T/Ths. If I never got the figures, I'd have no less a fulfilling life. But I sure as hell would enjoy the things. Plastic, lifeless things, no matter how much of an imagination you or I have. Toys. Hobby. Fun. Necessity they are not.

Excelsior,
Paul
I don't want to get too far off topic here, but want to add to your point. I have another (much much more expensive) hobby that I've kind of put on the back burner recently due to a new family and that is collecting game worn hockey & baseball jerseys. In the game worn community it's common not to share finds because each shirt is one of a kind. LEGO isn't like that. They grow on trees, and even the CMFs (back on topic!) aren't that tough to find if you're willing to spend a little extra cash. And people who complain about TRU or BL seller markups should come over to the game worn hobby where a $125 jersey can fetch anywhere between $300 and five figures depending on the player.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:46 pm

The Walmart in Barrie Ontario (North End Walmart) has the series 2 in stock. Locked like 2 boxes, but that might been a consolidations since they looked rather mixed up. $2.86 each.

Also, the Toys R Us in Barrie has about 5 boxes of them in, selling for $2.99 each.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:51 pm

hatcher wrote:The Walmart in Barrie Ontario (North End Walmart) has the series 2 in stock. Locked like 2 boxes, but that might been a consolidations since they looked rather mixed up. $2.86 each.

Also, the Toys R Us in Barrie has about 5 boxes of them in, selling for $2.99 each.
Thanks for the update Hatcher! I will be going to TRU and checking to complete my collection! :)

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sun Sep 12, 2010 7:10 am

Both Targets in Newburgh and Poughkeepsie (NY) had these in the Seasonal aisle as of last week, just too busy to post.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

Legoliner Pilot
I'm New !

Post by Legoliner Pilot » Sun Sep 12, 2010 12:25 pm

And my loot so far!

The stuff in the bag is an un-opened set of Series 2. The bags on the left are extras (13 to be exact). On the right are both series one and two instrcution leaflets.

All of my Spartans:

All purchased from Fort Lauderdale Toys 'R Us, Miami LEGO Store, and Bricklink.

kevin93
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by kevin93 » Mon Sep 13, 2010 8:57 am

You got so much figures and spartans. Spartans are so hard to find. Man am I jealous now :mrgreen:

stocktheodds
I'm New !

Post by stocktheodds » Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:59 am

Target in Salt Lake City Utah off of Fort Union had 2 boxes just put on the self this morning. I grabbed a couple that I needed and left the rest! Good luck...