[CAN] Toys R Us 20% Off Sept. 10-23

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[CAN] Toys R Us 20% Off Sept. 10-23

Post by beethead » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:42 pm

Didn't see it posted yet so here goes.

Toys R Us has 20% off all Atlantis, Creator, Prince of Persia and Kingdoms sets from September 10-23.
Not as good as the BOGO 50% off but atleast it's something.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Re: [CAN] Toys R Us 20% Off Sept. 10-23

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:19 am

Hmmm... noticed they have the Fire Brigade listed under Kingdoms/Castle for some reason. If it stays there, it might be a pretty good deal at 20% off $199

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... Id=3932799
LEGO, it's not just a toy, it's an addiction... ;)

youtoo
I'm New !

Post by youtoo » Thu Sep 09, 2010 6:58 am

Is it online or in-store??

I can't see any sign in their website :/

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 7:12 am

youtoo wrote:Is it online or in-store??

I can't see any sign in their website :/
Usually it is both, but it doesn't start until tomorrow (Sept 10).

Alyvin
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Alyvin » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Hodgeman wrote:Hmmm... noticed they have the Fire Brigade listed under Kingdoms/Castle for some reason. If it stays there, it might be a pretty good deal at 20% off $199

But isn't Fire Brigade already part of Creator.. and Creator is 20% off like Kingdoms..

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:28 pm

Alyvin wrote:
Hodgeman wrote:Hmmm... noticed they have the Fire Brigade listed under Kingdoms/Castle for some reason. If it stays there, it might be a pretty good deal at 20% off $199

But isn't Fire Brigade already part of Creator.. and Creator is 20% off like Kingdoms..
You are correct... I had forgotten about Creator being on sale too... !!!

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:18 am

Wow, all 3 modular buildings are already sold out...

feh!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:57 am

Yeah, and they'll probably miraculously reappear AFTER the sale is over.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 10:43 am

hatcher wrote:Yeah, and they'll probably miraculously reappear AFTER the sale is over.
Yep!

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:33 pm

In my experience with TRU they are always 'sold out' of the big items when they are on sale.

I had a fight with them over 10210 Imperial Flagship, ordered it when pirates was 30% off. Problem was they never wanted to sell it for that much ( or never had it to begin with because it was taken down from the site after this), but I caught it when it was on the website on sale, ordered it. A week goes by, then I get an email saying its on backorder, then 2.5 months later they email me and say that they decided to cancel my order.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:08 pm

Shijima wrote:In my experience with TRU they are always 'sold out' of the big items when they are on sale.

I had a fight with them over 10210 Imperial Flagship, ordered it when pirates was 30% off. Problem was they never wanted to sell it for that much ( or never had it to begin with because it was taken down from the site after this), but I caught it when it was on the website on sale, ordered it. A week goes by, then I get an email saying its on backorder, then 2.5 months later they email me and say that they decided to cancel my order.
Had the exact same experience. They offered me some lame discount on a Star Wars set. I can't help but conclude they are playing games with Lego fans... :evil: :evil:

beethead
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by beethead » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:33 am

Shijima wrote:In my experience with TRU they are always 'sold out' of the big items when they are on sale.

Similar story here but with the medieval market.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:09 am

beethead wrote:

Similar story here but with the medieval market.
Wow that sucks :( Its kinda phony how TRU does that,if your gonna put an item up for sale just stick with it, why did you list it as 20- 50% off in the first place then?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 9:13 am

I think TRU only puts out ONE or two big sets like the Fire Birgade, and such out online so they wont loose profit for the sale. And they usually dont sell big sets like that in regular TRU stores unless its bigger than usuall. So unless its a small set you might have a hard time getting it for a good deal.

Shijima
Knight
Knight

Post by Shijima » Sat Sep 11, 2010 10:50 am

Hodgeman wrote:

Had the exact same experience. They offered me some lame discount on a Star Wars set. I can't help but conclude they are playing games with Lego fans... :evil: :evil:

Ya, I got offered a $50 discount on 10195 Starwars dropship, priced at $350.00, so $300.00 I sent back a furious email about the bait and switch, and then a few weeks later I got the order cancellation.

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Post by hatcher » Sat Sep 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Heck, I ordered BOTH the Market Village and the Imperial Flagship during that sale, and I got the same measly offer. You'd think that since I ordered 2 things they'd give me 2 measly offers. :D

Seriously though, the number of people I hear complaining about how they got screwed by TRU on that sale really makes me think they took a look at the numbers and realized that if they honoured the sale on those items that they'd lose too much money and just said, screw em. I mean, it wasn't like they couldn't get more, as LEGO is still selling them on their website and it been over six months.

Just another reason why I love TRU. When they advertise a sale, I take the flier to Walmart or Zellers and get it price matched. :lol:

(BTW, I REALLY HATE TRU) ;)
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:20 pm

hatcher wrote:Heck, I ordered BOTH the Market Village and the Imperial Flagship during that sale, and I got the same measly offer. You'd think that since I ordered 2 things they'd give me 2 measly offers. :D

Seriously though, the number of people I hear complaining about how they got screwed by TRU on that sale really makes me think they took a look at the numbers and realized that if they honoured the sale on those items that they'd lose too much money and just said, screw em. I mean, it wasn't like they couldn't get more, as LEGO is still selling them on their website and it been over six months.

Just another reason why I love TRU. When they advertise a sale, I take the flier to Walmart or Zellers and get it price matched. :lol:

(BTW, I REALLY HATE TRU) ;)
Hey, thanks for reminiding me that you can get a price change at Zellers, or Walmart! Now I can go over to the store and get the same discount for a set that TRU dosent sell! I also hate TRU, the prices are high, and not much selection.

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:34 am

Anyone notice Kingdoms prison carriage rescue is 30% off for $10.37? Maybe a bug on their site.

Hodgeman
Knight
Knight

Post by Hodgeman » Fri Sep 17, 2010 8:01 am

Just noticed that TRU has added the Winter Toy Shop to the list of Creator sets (that are 20% off until Sept 23).

http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... FindSrc=rv

At first I thought it was the new set, the winter village bakery, but it isn't... or am I confused??

Anyways, put in my order for 1, will have to see what happens. With my recent TRU experiences, I don't expect to get it but I'm always willing to be pleasantly surprised. :-)