LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by gabriellee11 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 10:06 pm

Here are the pictures that I took!!
minifigures.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:05 pm

Quick, buy them all! :D
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:12 am

legitimatealex wrote:Image

Darn, I thought I was first with this info. So it seems pretty confirmed that they're at Target in the US. They haven't put up the Halloween shelves to completion yet so I doubt they have them out where I live yet. They just had the shelves and pricings but no items. I hope I can get some in person. My shipment from LEGO went through Fedex for some reason...I hate Fedex.
Which Target was this?

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:04 am

sidersdd wrote:
legitimatealex wrote:Image

Darn, I thought I was first with this info. So it seems pretty confirmed that they're at Target in the US. They haven't put up the Halloween shelves to completion yet so I doubt they have them out where I live yet. They just had the shelves and pricings but no items. I hope I can get some in person. My shipment from LEGO went through Fedex for some reason...I hate Fedex.
Which Target was this?
The Target in Harrisburg, PA on Rt. 22 had the shelf bar code in the Halloween section, but no minifigs. Had an employee scan for them, but said they were "sold out" and didn't agree with me that they probably hadn't gotten them yet and most of the displays for candy and related stuff were also empty. The Target off of I-283 hardly had any of their Halloween display stuff up and no minifigs.

I think I'm done hitting TRUs since Target will have them soon enough. I wonder if this means series 2 won't be at all hard to find. So 300 Spartans for those of you who are attempting that may be no trouble. I'd rather have 300 zombies.

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:00 pm

I called another Target store. They said that they already have them, but they wont put them on the shelves until September 12. They have something in the system that says to put them on Sept 12. If you want, call your local Target store and tell them the item number to see if they have it or any store around you has it. The item number is 204000360. So, probably the other target store messed up!

chicagorando
Peasant
Peasant

Post by chicagorando » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:07 pm

For those of you in north Chicagoland, the Target in Niles on Touhy has them! They have two cases that are about 80-90% full back in the Halloween section near some other toys (must be the Halloween equivalent of "stocking stuffers"). I was tempted to buy an entire case, but I figured that would be selfish since I already got a set from the Lego Store in Northbrook. So I just picked up a spare Spartan, Mexican, and Pharaoh and left the rest for other minifig-seekers.

I think we should make an effort to buy our minifigures at Target. I think if they see a good demand for the minifigs, it will make it all the more likely that Target will stock Series 3 and 4 next year. Plus Toys R Us keeps jacking up the prices higher and higher, and Target should be rewarded for keeping them at $1.99.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:04 am

chicagorando wrote:I think we should make an effort to buy our minifigures at Target. I think if they see a good demand for the minifigs, it will make it all the more likely that Target will stock Series 3 and 4 next year. Plus Toys R Us keeps jacking up the prices higher and higher, and Target should be rewarded for keeping them at $1.99.
Yeah, I've already made an effort to NOT buy them at TRU, so I'll go along with that. We can show Target it is a fruitful venture to stock these, so hopefully we'll see them keep it up with CMFs3 and beyond.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Mon Sep 06, 2010 6:56 am

vynsane wrote: Yeah, I've already made an effort to NOT buy them at TRU, so I'll go along with that. We can show Target it is a fruitful venture to stock these, so hopefully we'll see them keep it up with CMFs3 and beyond.
with the limited availability nature of the CMF, i kinda doubt it's going to have an impact on TRU. don't forget each target store only gets 2 boxes. sooner or later it will get sold. ;)

the only way is to produce unlimited quantity, which is contrary to the promotion, since they specifically mention these are limited quantity in order to hype them for sale. :lol: take 6212 x-wing for eg. when it first came on it was limited edition sold in TRU. after 4 years (it first sold in 2006), it is still around...and scalpers got burned badly. anyone who wanted one already got plenty of chance to buy one. :lol:

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:00 am

I've already bought a total of 32, and plan on buying more - and not at TRU. It will have an effect on them, because they're not getting my money. Sure, maybe someone else will buy them, but since I have the choice, I choose not to.

evilempire22
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by evilempire22 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:18 pm

Target stores in Richfield and Bloomington, Minnesota have their minifigs ($1.99) out in the Halloween section, but the store in Edina did not.

I grabbed enough to complete my Series 2 collection, plus some extras for trading.

I promptly returned the extras from TRU I was hanging onto.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:19 pm

all over the place here.

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Asterios wrote:all over the place here.
Where is "here", please? Without that knowledge, it doesn't help fellow collectors who may live in your area.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:38 pm

Stockton,Ca.

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:45 pm

Asterios wrote:Stockton,Ca.

Polyp?

Thank you. I've eaten at Bob's Big Boy there.

No Central Penna locals here? We need to start sharing this site's home page with AFOLs all over.

Asterios
Knight
Knight

Post by Asterios » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:49 pm

Nope not Polyp was known as Asterios before even him, as it goes found this site because a reporter here posted about a BA interview on the BA forums and even posted a link to some BA products in my BS folder there.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:53 pm

They haven't reset the holiday section at my Target, so I didn't see them today. I have a feeling the date of Sept. 12 that's been tossed around in this discussion is the 'official' holiday reset date.

brickbybrick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by brickbybrick » Mon Sep 06, 2010 3:10 pm

Stopped by 5 targets, 2 of which had the minifigs out. I'd say where but there's no point in going to those particular stores anymore. :D

mhornet
I'm New !

Post by mhornet » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:16 pm

chicagorando wrote:For those of you in north Chicagoland, the Target in Niles on Touhy has them! They have two cases that are about 80-90% full back in the Halloween section near some other toys (must be the Halloween equivalent of "stocking stuffers"). I was tempted to buy an entire case, but I figured that would be selfish since I already got a set from the Lego Store in Northbrook. So I just picked up a spare Spartan, Mexican, and Pharaoh and left the rest for other minifig-seekers.

I think we should make an effort to buy our minifigures at Target. I think if they see a good demand for the minifigs, it will make it all the more likely that Target will stock Series 3 and 4 next year. Plus Toys R Us keeps jacking up the prices higher and higher, and Target should be rewarded for keeping them at $1.99.
South Chicagoland has them as well. I was able to get a full set between the Tinley Park and Orland Park stores. The Orland one was pretty picked over, but Tinley had what looked like 2 full boxes just in a bin. Also happened to be at the Munster, Indiana Target tonight and they had 2 full unpicked boxes. I picked up a few extras for party favors for my kids b-day. If your looking for a set, Target is where to go and at $1.99 the price is perfect.

slow1234
I'm New !

Post by slow1234 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:29 pm

Victoria, BC, Canada status...

The Langford Walmart had them early last week - not sure how long they actually had them before I found out they were there - sounds like at least a few days. By the time I got there, I found 14 of the 16 minifigs. The store was closing so I couldn't hang around checking barcodes. By the time I got back there a few days later, they were all gone.

The new Walmart Superstore on Douglas doesn't have them. I'm getting conflicting reports from staff about whether they will be getting them. One staff person said they actually had them in the old store before they moved and she doesn't think they will be getting any more (I'm wondering if she's confused about Series 1). Another staff person said they could come in any time.

The TRU in Mayfair Mall doesn't have any, but the floor manager said they could be coming in any time. He anticipates they will go quickly.

slow

rogerwisco
Peasant
Peasant

Post by rogerwisco » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:45 pm

Grabbed a full set plus a few extras in Henderson, NV Target tonight. They brought the cases out of the back and disposed of the boxes, so I grabbed 2 of those too.