May the 4th be with you (2013)

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: May the 4th be with you (2013)

Post by Ice » Sat May 04, 2013 10:19 am

SquareSide wrote:Ok, must sleep! I was kind of bumming that I'd be missing out on the Hoth Han so I went ahead and bought the Rancor Pit and AT-RT. Was gonna get them anyway but was hoping for cheaper down the line on them eventually but I figured the Hoth Han will be $15-20 so there's my discount on them. :razz: Maybe should of ordered Palpatine's Arrest instead since it's an exclusive to TRU mainly... anyone think that Palpatine's Arrest will ever be lower than $89.99? Not really a set I see myself buying to be honest tho...
Lowest price was $61.99 at ToysRUs America.
http://toysnbricks.com/usa-toysrus-lego ... 15-feb-18/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Lowest price was $72 at ToysRUs Canada when they had it for 40% off. As Tornadian mentioned, ToysRUs Canada forgot to change the sale price again when they got the set back instock. Its now back to $72. http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... d=12655860

The set is great, but the MSRP is just set too high to begin with. Wait for a sale, don't pay regular price for that. ;-)

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Sat May 04, 2013 10:34 am

lionstone22 wrote:Great! I just ordered one from LEGO to get the freebies. Tried to cancel my TRU order, but it is already too late to cancel! So now i will have to return to the store. Hope they don't make it a hassle!

Thanks for the update!
merchandise credit only unless you get a really reallly nice manager

lionstone22
Peasant
Peasant

Post by lionstone22 » Sat May 04, 2013 10:42 am

yeah, it is hit and miss at my stores. Worth the risk to get the Solo figure too. I can always part one out onf BrickLink if i have too or save it as a gift for my Nephew.

King
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by King » Sat May 04, 2013 10:50 am

For those of you in AZ, the Arrowhead Lego store is now OOS. My wife just picked up the last 3 B Wings. They were allowing 5 per person.

King

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat May 04, 2013 11:23 am

There's like 12-14 B-Wings at Fairview Mall when I went to pick one up at 1:45pm. I know I already ordered one last night, but Canada Post is a bit screwey with my apartment building so I decided to pick one up in person. Will likely just return the one that comes online.

BTW, was that a forum member that I saw trading in a brand new X-Wing UCS along with Palpatine's Arrest or something? Whoever they were, they said they were returning the brand new X-Wing UCS and Palpatine's Arrest and then purchasing a B-Wing I think. I think they were exchanging for store credit or something.

EDIT: On the Canadian Lego S@H site, the B-Wing is back in-stock (as of 2:28pm EST). There must be tons of these in their storage or something.

semajnollissor
Peasant
Peasant

Post by semajnollissor » Sat May 04, 2013 11:51 am

To add another data point or two, I traveled to the Opry Mills lego store in Nashville this morning and picked up a b-wing. I got one of three on the shelf when the store opened, and the other two were gone in the time it took for me to get out of the way for the next customer. I assume they had more in the back, but I didn't ask and didn't stick around to see if they brought more out.

Also of note, i picked up a Gold Leader Y-wing set (9495) at the same time and it rang up at $44.98, which means it was 10% off even though it wasn't one of the sets on the list posted on the main page. That is about the best price I have seen for that set, since it is regularly $65 at Toys R Us where it is an exclusive.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:03 pm

Bought two B-Wings last night at 12:02 am and two more a few minutes ago from Lego.com. I hope they do a running change for the 2nd order, but that's a long shot. I got a Hoth Han and poster with each order.

My son, daughter, and I attended the May the 4th event at TRU today. I thought the JEK-14 was a cool little build. We each built one, so we left with 3 and an instruction book for each. They are also giving away a free Lego collector book that has details of the Yoda Chronicles and overviews of the 2013 line-up of Star Wars Lego. The JEK-14 starfighter is bigger than I thought it would be when I saw the promotion pictures. We arrived about 12:45 PM after my son's soccer game was finished. It wasn't crowded at all and we had the whole table to ourselves. A few other families showed up as we were finishing our builds.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Sat May 04, 2013 12:07 pm

semajnollissor wrote:To add another data point or two, I traveled to the Opry Mills lego store in Nashville this morning and picked up a b-wing. I got one of three on the shelf when the store opened, and the other two were gone in the time it took for me to get out of the way for the next customer. I assume they had more in the back, but I didn't ask and didn't stick around to see if they brought more out.

Also of note, i picked up a Gold Leader Y-wing set (9495) at the same time and it rang up at $44.98, which means it was 10% off even though it wasn't one of the sets on the list posted on the main page. That is about the best price I have seen for that set, since it is regularly $65 at Toys R Us where it is an exclusive.
Lego usually only put sets at 50% or more only if they have a lot of stock on sets that do not sell, or they need to clear out those not popular soon to retire sets. And I am pretty sure they still have quite a few either in the back or at their warehouses, just like they did with the star war 2012 christmas set a few months back. Y-wing I have seen it on for 10% last christmas, and it is known to be one of those sets that are not moving well either. I will not be surprise if Lego or Toys R Us put them on for 20% or more during black friday or near and after christmas.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Sat May 04, 2013 12:19 pm

semajnollissor wrote:To add another data point...

9495 could have been had for as low as $35 last Falll when the $5 coupons and % off coupons were stacked.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Sat May 04, 2013 12:27 pm

FYI for those that want it the B-Wing is back in stock on the U.S. site too.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:17 pm

chenwaa123 wrote:FYI for those that want it the B-Wing is back in stock on the U.S. site too.
Thanks for posting this. I've been busy all day with my daughter's first communion and just got rid of the guests a few hours ago. I (back)ordered the B-Wing and 5 CMF S10 to get all the freebies and some PAB items to. I do love free shipping!

Sadly because of the festivities we missed the TRU build/event. I might call and see if they have any left, but we are really too tired to go out at this point. ;-)

auralgami
Peasant
Peasant

Post by auralgami » Sat May 04, 2013 6:43 pm

Thanks, I grabbed one from TRU too. In the past, most of the boxes come pretty beat up but for 99.99 you cant go wrong.
If you get a beat up box, email or call up TRU and complain. I ordered the Winter Cottage from them and the box was hit with the ugly stick. I emailed them that was not the condition I was expecting, and within a couple days I had an email back promising a 10% rebate (which took over a week to process, but, hey, money back!)

BeMild
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by BeMild » Sat May 04, 2013 8:15 pm

I managed to pile the kids into the car and hit a local TRU for the build at about 12:30-ish today. Like most of these things at TRU, it was poorly run. Just a bunch of parts separated by type in cardboard "bins". After grabbing an instruction sheet, we were given the opportunity to fill up little baggies with the 40 pieces required to make the Jek-14 ship. This time, the fact that TRU was not managing effectively was nice, as we collected pieces to build three ships...one for my son, one for my daughter, and....drumroll...one for me. We left immediately (with cash and credit cards still safely residing in my wallet)...and for once, I actually felt pretty good about my time at TRU...

YuhaoLu
Peasant
Peasant

Post by YuhaoLu » Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm

BeMild wrote:I managed to pile the kids into the car and hit a local TRU for the build at about 12:30-ish today. Like most of these things at TRU, it was poorly run. Just a bunch of parts separated by type in cardboard "bins". After grabbing an instruction sheet, we were given the opportunity to fill up little baggies with the 40 pieces required to make the Jek-14 ship. This time, the fact that TRU was not managing effectively was nice, as we collected pieces to build three ships...one for my son, one for my daughter, and....drumroll...one for me. We left immediately (with cash and credit cards still safely residing in my wallet)...and for once, I actually felt pretty good about my time at TRU...
We only got one for my son... My husband didn't allow me to get one for myself, and said we should save for other kids... Amen.

CatatonicAngel
I'm New !

Post by CatatonicAngel » Sat May 04, 2013 9:32 pm

Already found postings on Craigslist for the B-wing... Only asking for $200... :crazy:

King Arthur
Citizen
Citizen

Post by King Arthur » Sun May 05, 2013 9:00 am

S@H now has the B-Wing listed as "Sold Out" and the add to cart link is gone.
Guess they have enough orders that they figure they'll deplete inventory?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sun May 05, 2013 9:12 am

I'm not sure what you're looking at...it's still available, shipping May 16th. It hasn't changed since yesterday.

http://shop.lego.com/en-US/B-Wing-Starfighter-10227

amonument74
Peasant
Peasant

Post by amonument74 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:16 am

Nope. Says Sold Out for me too. Can't add to cart anymore.

Shannon510
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Shannon510 » Sun May 05, 2013 9:17 am

You may need a browser refresh. I am showing it as finally gone.

For as long as this was out there and with how many were bought in stores they had to have a ton of these they were sitting on.

Edmond Dantes
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Edmond Dantes » Sun May 05, 2013 9:19 am

Odd - it must be going in and out of stock. I checked, it was in stock, I added one to my bag, etc...then posted the link.

Seven minutes later and it's out of stock and I'm seeing the same as you, Shannon510 and King Arthur. Interesting.