LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures Series 2 Availability

Post by strongholds » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Minifigures are now already on backorder for shipment in 30 days. That was fast.

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ImmortalShark » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:10 am

Mastermind Toys in Canada tweeted that Series 2 have hit their warehouse and will be in stores this weekend.

Also, the Square One Walmart in Mississauga is now sold out.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:15 am

strongholds wrote:Minifigures are now already on backorder for shipment in 30 days. That was fast.
They've also added a disclaimer that wasn't there before about receiving two or more minifigures. I swear if I get 5 of one minifigure again I'm just going to scream at them. There's 'random' and then there's 'screw the customer.'
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vman100
Citizen
Citizen

Post by vman100 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 11:22 am

At Tysons VA Lego store they were put out yesterday and were gone within 1 minute - there was a line at opening and by the time the manager got to the back of the store after unlocking the front door, they were all taken. They are not sure if there are getting more.

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:27 pm

Still nothing at the Harrisburg or Camp Hill, PA stores. Have been going every T/Th when they supposedly get trucks.

I'm not sure based on earlier posts, but are US Wal-Marts getting these?

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:25 pm

hardtravelinghero wrote:I'm not sure based on earlier posts, but are US Wal-Marts getting these?
Not that I know if - it seems only Walmart in Canada is stocking them - although, you never know. I've heard rumblings that Target is/will be carrying them in the US.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:10 pm

I took the series 1 minifigs package back in May and scanned it at a price checker in Target and it came up $1.99, yet they never carried them. Hopefully future series will be widely available at more stores.

My understanding is that Diamond Comics Distributors (where all comic book stores in the US get their comics and a lot of their other merchandise) offer the minifigures, but since they are an expensive middle man to the comic book stores, the minifigures would probably be costly at any comic book stores that carry them, but it's worth a shot to see if your local comic book shop can pre-order boxes of future series and maybe even back order the older series. I worked in two different comic book stores over the past 11 years.

SpaceLego
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SpaceLego » Thu Sep 02, 2010 7:34 pm

hardtravelinghero wrote:I took the series 1 minifigs package back in May and scanned it at a price checker in Target and it came up $1.99, yet they never carried them. Hopefully future series will be widely available at more stores.
Similar case with Zellers. Scanned them and shows they carry it but never seen them before.
vynsane wrote:
hardtravelinghero wrote:I'm not sure based on earlier posts, but are US Wal-Marts getting these?
Not that I know if - it seems only Walmart in Canada is stocking them - although, you never know. I've heard rumblings that Target is/will be carrying them in the US.
TRU in Canada should get them. We got them for the first series.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Sep 03, 2010 6:44 am

hardtravelinghero wrote:My understanding is that Diamond Comics Distributors (where all comic book stores in the US get their comics and a lot of their other merchandise) offer the minifigures, but since they are an expensive middle man to the comic book stores, the minifigures would probably be costly at any comic book stores that carry them, but it's worth a shot to see if your local comic book shop can pre-order boxes of future series and maybe even back order the older series. I worked in two different comic book stores over the past 11 years.
Yeah, CMFs1 was in Previews. I talked to the buyer at Midtown Comics in NYC about ordering a box through them, but like you said - since Diamond is an expensive middleman, the end result was really exorbitant. I can't remember what the price he quoted me was, but it was ridiculous. Looking back, I'm not sure if it was for a case or a box - but either way it wasn't a great deal.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:16 am

wow, I didn't think of checking with my local comic guy. If it's in the Comic Previews, it might be a Cat 4 which they may not be able to get or very limited. I'll check up on that.

jsnweitzel
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by jsnweitzel » Fri Sep 03, 2010 4:13 pm

I've spotted Lego S2 minifigs at Target in the Cleveland, OH area. Walked through the Halloween area yesterday even though it wasn't set up yet. Saw a label for MiniFigure Vol 2 $1.99. Stopped back today and they had two open boxes. Not anymore.

I stopped at two other Targets on the way home and both had the label on the shelf but had not stocked much of the halloween stuff yet.

Also picked up 30032 and 30042.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:09 am

jsnweitzel wrote:I've spotted Lego S2 minifigs at Target in the Cleveland, OH area. Walked through the Halloween area yesterday even though it wasn't set up yet. Saw a label for MiniFigure Vol 2 $1.99.
Interesting. Glad to see they learned from their folly re: CMFs1. This should even the playing field quite a bit for those who don't want to pay TRU prices but have no LEGO Store close-by.

JabbaT
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by JabbaT » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:44 am

strongholds wrote:Minifigures are now already on backorder for shipment in 30 days. That was fast.
How can Lego have these on backorder? So are they making more of them? The first series never got backorders. It was either available or sold out.

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 11:08 am

JabbaT wrote: How can Lego have these on backorder? So are they making more of them? The first series never got backorders. It was either available or sold out.
They're not quite as popular in most other countries so maybe they're having them sent to USA/Canada.
I noticed that USA and Canada are the only countries that have them on backorder, and the only countries besides the UK that have them at the top of the 25 best sellers list. Some countries don't even have them on the best sellers list.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:58 pm

Darn, I thought I was first with this info. So it seems pretty confirmed that they're at Target in the US. They haven't put up the Halloween shelves to completion yet so I doubt they have them out where I live yet. They just had the shelves and pricings but no items. I hope I can get some in person. My shipment from LEGO went through Fedex for some reason...I hate Fedex.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

vman100
Citizen
Citizen

Post by vman100 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 5:01 pm

The guy on the phone at shop at home said they had switched their shipping from UPS to FedEx - happened sometime in July as I received a shipment from UPS that was overpacked and damaged, and when I called to send them back they had FedEx come pick them up.

On minifig availability, Toys R Us in Fair Lakes VA had a bunch of minifigs this afternoon. Saw some on the customer service desk and asked about them - picked over but there were 7-8 different ones, with a few duplicates (no spartans). They had no problem with us using the cheat sheet. I wanted to buy 9 to use my $5 off $25 coupon, but the woman said she had to ask the manager if she could sell me that many - he said sure, and pointed out there was an open box back in the lego section that still had some as well! Nothing different there though. Bought 10 for $26.xx after coupon and tax. Not too bad. Still about 10-15 there.

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by r4-g9 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 6:39 pm

i brought one of my opened packeages to zellers, and it rang up as: lego minifigure 2 $2.99 so i asked someone their and they said that they don't have them yet, and if you are in calgary discovery hut should have them on the 16th.

hardtravelinghero
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by hardtravelinghero » Sat Sep 04, 2010 7:34 pm

vynsane wrote:
hardtravelinghero wrote:My understanding is that Diamond Comics Distributors (where all comic book stores in the US get their comics and a lot of their other merchandise) offer the minifigures, but since they are an expensive middle man to the comic book stores, the minifigures would probably be costly at any comic book stores that carry them, but it's worth a shot to see if your local comic book shop can pre-order boxes of future series and maybe even back order the older series. I worked in two different comic book stores over the past 11 years.
Yeah, CMFs1 was in Previews. I talked to the buyer at Midtown Comics in NYC about ordering a box through them, but like you said - since Diamond is an expensive middleman, the end result was really exorbitant. I can't remember what the price he quoted me was, but it was ridiculous. Looking back, I'm not sure if it was for a case or a box - but either way it wasn't a great deal.
Forbidden Planet (Comics Shop) in Dublin had Series 1 for I think 4.99 Euros, whereas Argos had them for something like 2.79 Euro in mid-May. One Euro was about $1.26 at the time, so I paid nearly $4.00 for my Forestman. So if the markup is similar for stateside comic shops, then the comic book store option, unless you can an awesome discount and even then, is probably not worth it and they probably were allocated since Diamond does that when limited supply is available.
slacker wrote:wow, I didn't think of checking with my local comic guy. If it's in the Comic Previews, it might be a Cat 4 which they may not be able to get or very limited. I'll check up on that.
Who knows if Diamond is carrying the newer series, but limited quantities get allocated, so even if your store orders or ordered any, doesn't mean they'll ever get them, but give it a shot and let everyone know how it turns out.
legitimatealex wrote:Image

Damn, I thought I was first with this info. So it seems pretty confirmed that they're at Target in the US. They haven't put up the Halloween shelves to completion yet so I doubt they have them out where I live yet. They just had the shelves and pricings but no items. I hope I can get some in person. My shipment from LEGO went through Fedex for some reason...I hate Fedex.
I am psyched. I guess I'll be visiting Harrisburg Target daily. Do any of the Toys N Bricks users also reside in the Harrisburg area? I haven't had a chance to see if there are any LUGs here.
Last edited by Ice on Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Combined 3 posts into 1

SpaceLego
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SpaceLego » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:23 pm

r4-g9 wrote:i brought one of my opened packeages to zellers, and it rang up as: lego minifigure 2 $2.99 so i asked someone their and they said that they don't have them yet, and if you are in calgary discovery hut should have them on the 16th.
I mentioned this earlier here about that and got a similar answer. Told me its out of stock. But it could mean Zellers will get them later (like Target).

gabriellee11
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by gabriellee11 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 9:36 pm

I can confirm this!!! I saw 2 cases at Target in the Halloween section (not lego section). They were next to the promotional sets 30032 and 30042.

Have pictures, but dont know how to put them...if someone give me instructions how to upload them...I will upload them.