LEGO Series 10 Minifigures

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.
ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Re: LEGO Series 10 Minifigures

Post by ncbarrett » Mon Apr 01, 2013 9:09 am

lego put pics up on facebook
https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 402&type=1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 pm

Eurobricks already has a box and the BS with only two complete sets. Six minifigures only have two per box. That's just stupid.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Per eurobricks here is the breakdown per box. I'm a bit suprised to see 6 mechanics (maybe to build that motorcycle gang).

Mechanic cool back printing -
http://www.flickr.com/photos/whitefang_ ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"2 Librarians
2 Medusa (s)
6 Roman Commanders
4 Warrior Women
4 Tomahawk Warriors
6 Skydivers
2 Bumblebee Girls
2 Grandpas
4 Paintball Players
2 Sea Captains
4 Sad Clowns
4 Revolutionary Solders
6 Baseball Fielders
2 Trendsetter (s)
4 Decorators
6 Motorcycle Mechanics"

Source:
http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.p ... opic=80676" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:19 am

Series 10 can't get stateside soon enough! I need some paintball players!

BrickWild
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by BrickWild » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:01 am

Found pics of Mr Gold in real life! :-D
http://www.lddmodels.jimdo.com
Lego Factory/DesignByMe (Circa 2005 - January 16 2012)
Lego Universe (October 2010 - January 2012)

Wheeefun
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Wheeefun » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:15 am

Woooowwwww! That looks fabulous!

I guess TWO of these were found in Germany?? The guy is already on ebay asking $1300 to start :lol:
Looking at his seller profile it looks like he's a considerable LEGO dealer. I can't help but wonder exactly how many cases he went through to get those two.

I can't imagine paying more than $100 for one of these. Just comparing to the Marvel/DC minifigs that were Comic Con exclusives which were numbered at 1000 each and still sell just over $100 each. There are 5 times as many Mr. Golds and, in theory, ANYBODY can get him not just people attending an exclusive event.

We all know it's the demand that dictates the price, so we'll see how much demand Mr. Gold can garner..

lordbrick
I'm New !

Post by lordbrick » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:08 pm

theres a used lego store in canby oregon and that guy is selling on on ebay for $2,999 or best offer

BrickWild
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by BrickWild » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:07 am

If I manage to find a Mr Gold, then I would keep it for a period of ten years as a good luck charm!
http://www.lddmodels.jimdo.com
Lego Factory/DesignByMe (Circa 2005 - January 16 2012)
Lego Universe (October 2010 - January 2012)

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:48 am

lordbrick wrote:theres a used lego store in canby oregon and that guy is selling on on ebay for $2,999 or best offer
Is this advertisement? It seemed you joined this forum for advertising your auction. You got a wrong place. I don't think anyone in this forum will pay you 2,999 for this minifig. Members visited this forum was to share/look for good deal but not outrageous offer.

Stop dreaming.

Captain Lantern
Peasant
Peasant

Post by Captain Lantern » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:09 pm

WOO-HOO! I know the chances are slim, but I feel like Charlie about ready to open that Wonka bar, hoping for a golden ticket!

Found this afternoon at TRU in South Elgin, IL. The hunt is on...

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:35 am

Captain Lantern wrote:WOO-HOO! I know the chances are slim, but I feel like Charlie about ready to open that Wonka bar, hoping for a golden ticket!

Found this afternoon at TRU in South Elgin, IL. The hunt is on...
That's funny as AMC was playing Willy Wonka yesterday.

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Apr 26, 2013 1:31 pm

lordbrick wrote:theres a used lego store in canby oregon and that guy is selling on on ebay for $2,999 or best offer
I actually have done a LOT of business with a store in Canby, Oregon, and I would venture to say that it is listing from that store, as they buy multiple boxes and sell individual figs, so clearly they must have went through and found one via their orders. Don't think this poster was advertising.
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed May 01, 2013 5:49 pm

I finally had some spare time to re-feel and label the CMF I picked up at TRU last week. We always get one full set and I slowly distribute them to my daughter when I need a little treat/surprise for her. Anyway, I'm missing the sky diver :crazy: ...I think I mistook the mechanic (since I have 2) for the sky diver.

I guess I'll have to keep at it! :lol:

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Thu May 02, 2013 8:41 pm

Is the cane/lightsaber a single piece? Should you aim for feeling the hat or cane & diamond?

LowestFormOfWit
Citizen
Citizen

Post by LowestFormOfWit » Sat May 04, 2013 1:55 pm

scatmanjack wrote:Is the cane/lightsaber a single piece? Should you aim for feeling the hat or cane & diamond?
The cane is made up of a lightsaber hilt + a lightsaber 4L bar. Feeling for them is risky, as the Tomahawk is remarkably similar in the feel since the rubber axe head is small and easy to miss.

When I am searching I feel for the hat, and the fact that there's another paper insert (for the individual numbering) as well as the fact that all of Mr. Gold's parts are contained in -another- separate bag.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sat May 04, 2013 3:20 pm

LowestFormOfWit wrote:
scatmanjack wrote:Is the cane/lightsaber a single piece? Should you aim for feeling the hat or cane & diamond?
The cane is made up of a lightsaber hilt + a lightsaber 4L bar. Feeling for them is risky, as the Tomahawk is remarkably similar in the feel since the rubber axe head is small and easy to miss.

When I am searching I feel for the hat, and the fact that there's another paper insert (for the individual numbering) as well as the fact that all of Mr. Gold's parts are contained in -another- separate bag.
Do the items "jiggle" less beause of te second bag? I usually hold one corner and shake all pieces to one end, trying to find an accessory or something. I'm wondering if there is a quick way to rule out non-mr golds. Is the inner bag close to the size of the gold foil pack or much smaller?

Thanks!

LegoFlesh
I'm New !

Post by LegoFlesh » Thu May 09, 2013 3:07 pm

LowestFormOfWit wrote:

I usually run my finger nail across the axe to feel the little ridges. That axe head is is a pain to feel! But yes the top hat is the easiest thing to feel for.