[USA] Target 2013 Valentine's LEGO Polybags Clearance

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [USA] Target 2013 Valentine's LEGO Polybags Clearance

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 am

The-Daryl wrote:The Target I was in earlier this evening (the same one I picked up a couple of these polys on clearance on the 15th) was by now cleared out of v-day stuff for the most part. They did have their easter area up already, and in it are two empty bins for Winzar and Ice Cream stand.
My Target is the same. But Winzar and Ice Cream Stand is what they had for V-day. No new polys for my Target for Easter!? They should have rotated with the picnic here as I haven't seen those. I haven't bought many Target polys since post-Halloween. They had the ghost + clock which was a perfect set for Halloween and I picked up 10 at full price. It was bad picking before that except the Kingdoms Target Practice. That is the best non-SW poly set they ever carried IMHO. I was lucky to get 10 of them as they sold out in less than a week.

The real kick to the head was when Target decided not to do LEGO gift cards last year. Now I'm rambling.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:36 am

Chima bags ringing up at 3.99 around here? They're saying the Valentine's clearance begins tomorrow but she didn't think these would be included.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:55 am

Found the empty boxes for the Friends and Chima Polys in the Valentine's/Easte

r section and took the tag to someone with a scanner. No markdowns on Chima at least.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:25 am

starfire2 wrote:@intromission: I have one I could trade you or ?? PM if interested.
Thanks very much for the offer! I may wait a bit as it's not an availability issue here just a question of when they will be clearanced.
Last edited by intromission on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

mickey
I'm New !

Post by mickey » Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:26 am

Just curious do you guys like to collect all poly bag lego sets or do you just like to collect all legos or do you like these specific ones? Just interested to know. I like the poly bags so I get them sometimes especially when they are cheap. Do you open them and display them?

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:09 am

Worth thousands in the aftermarket.

Also good army builders.

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Thu Feb 21, 2013 11:40 am

I've been stocking up on various bags on clearance from Target and WalMart to use at my daughter's birthday party as party favors. At 0.39 - 1.19 each, it has been fun hunting down various poly bags over the last few months. Not all of us are hoarders... :)

kbsig106
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by kbsig106 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:33 pm

The Friends Summer Picnic was at my local Target but was now in the Easter stock ringing up at $3.99 - Valentine's Day stuff was down to two shelves.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:45 pm

I went to two Targets today and at the first one, there was one small cardboard box of valentine stuff. I searched through it and found nothing. I punched in the dcpi to the Friends Ice Cream set (marked in the "Easter" bins) and it said it would be 39 cents. I searched everywhere I could think of (toy area, register checkout with other polys, valentine/easter area. I spent way too much time just trying to find one poly! The price scanner showed the CHima one at $3.99.

I went to second Target and went the Easter area an noticed 3 Chima bags (full price) in the bin markd Winzars and the label for the Ice Cream Stand was gone. I turned the corner and saw some FriendsPicnic polys in the Valentine area I grabbed them and went to the price scanner with excitement. They were 39 cents! I think this Target made an error, they never had the picnic ones at Valentines and there were no Friends ones last Friday. I think they put out the Easter items too early (it was 90% complete) and these were ringng up as clearance. The price checker description was "Ice Cream Stand".

So I think the Valentine's stuff might get salvaged in the next two days, it might be worth checking your Target's Easter and/or Valentine area. It seems possible that if they stocked Easter already that they might be ringing up at 90% off. I think read somewhere that the Ice Cream and Picnic have the same dcpi.

So I was getting disappointed that I didn't find any polys last week and was pleasantly surprised today!

TheLegoDr
I'm New !

Post by TheLegoDr » Thu Feb 21, 2013 4:05 pm

Lucky for you people that found them. My local Target was wiped out BEFORE Valentine's Day. I grabbed the last Ice Cream stand at full price and they had 2 Winzars (I decided against them). And their entire V-Day aisle was empty the day after, not just LEGO, I mean everything candy as well. I haven't seen the picnic one at all and they had their Easter area all set-up already too. I'll have to check back sometime I guess. I'd love to pick some up for my daughter at 50-90% off!

Mantisking
Top Forum Contributor
Top Forum Contributor

Post by Mantisking » Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:08 pm

I checked my local Target tonight. No polybags in the VD clearance section. They did have shelf tags in the Easter section for the Winzar and Ice Cream Stand polybags, so they might be getting "recycled" if they aren't sold out already.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:21 pm

Went by a couple Targets. No luck finding any Chima, but did manage to find 4 Friends ice cream sets for 90% off at only 39 cents each. Couldn't pass that up. Shouldn't be too hard to customize a good hot dog cart with one of them.
Last edited by Bystander on Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

calvinwashere2
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by calvinwashere2 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:21 am

Where are you guys seeing these in Target? At the checkout counter or by the other Lego sets or somewhere else?

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:31 am

calvinwashere2 wrote:Where are you guys seeing these in Target? At the checkout counter or by the other Lego sets or somewhere else?
They are in the "Seasonal" section; wherever they had Christmas trees and such :). It varies by store (one of my Targets has it right next to Toys, another on the opposite side of the store in a corner, one in about the center of the store so not sure if they have any specific layout for them).

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Fri Feb 22, 2013 8:53 am

A smaller store I went to didn't have them at all. The ones I found were at a super Target. Just ask someone where the Easter stuff is. But I think the 90% off only lasts for one day, so if the valentine clearance stuff is all gone then they may have gone back up to regular price.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 12:14 pm

Yes, they should be in "seasonal", where your store displays back-to-school, halloween, Christmas, patio furniture etc. right now many stores are setting up the Easter area. But you could look at the registers by the impulse stuff/candy, it is possible they were put there or "hidden" there by others.

I sometimes come across polys in the Lego aisle. Usually on an end cap with the CMF or other mystery pack type items.

Good luck. I have a feeling the 39 cent price won't last past the weekend.

I do wonder what my stores will have for Easter if they mistakingly clearanced them? The good news is perhaps the Easter batch will go on clearance on April 1st.

just2good
Knight
Knight

Post by just2good » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:05 pm

I hid an Ice Cream Stand poly a week ago, and I came back to buy it today, and it didn't ring up. I tried like, three different scanners, and no dice. :sad:

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:12 pm

just2good wrote:I hid an Ice Cream Stand poly a week ago, and I came back to buy it today, and it didn't ring up. I tried like, three different scanners, and no dice. :sad:
I went to the Mall today for something else and walked through the Target and the Valentines stuff was gone, it must have gone to salvage late Thurs or today.

Bystander
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Bystander » Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:43 pm

I found one Chima polybag today in the Easter stuff. It rang up at $3.99, but all the Valentine stuff was gone so I have no idea if it was cheaper or not. I bought it anyway.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:42 am

My stores just moved them to the Easter section w no discount. :(