LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures - Series 2

Discuss various LEGO themes like Friends, City, Star Wars, Batman and more here.

Which LEGO Collectable Minifigure(s) do you like most?

Adventurer
3%
Disco DJ
3%
Downhill Skier
7%
Karate Master
9%
Lifeguard
1%
Mexican
12%
Mime
9%
Pharaoh
12%
Pop Star
1%
Ring Master
1%
Spartan
21%
Surfer
5%
Traffic Cop
No votes
Vampire
9%
Weight Lifter
3%
Witch
4%

Total votes: 76

r4-g9
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: LEGO 8684 Collectable Minifigures - Series 2

Post by r4-g9 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:46 am

foobeka
I'm New !

Post by foobeka » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:59 pm

So Im new to the collectable minifigs. What stores, other than lego, are these found in?

smilyremhof
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by smilyremhof » Tue Aug 10, 2010 1:07 pm

foobeka wrote:So Im new to the collectable minifigs. What stores, other than lego, are these found in?
Toys "R" Us is one of them, if they get them. I have heard that Series 2 will be a wider distribution though. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Aug 17, 2010 7:34 am

I went to the Lego store yesterday. Employee said that they will have them in September. No info if they have any limits.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:11 am

slacker wrote:I went to the Lego store yesterday. Employee said that they will have them in September. No info if they have any limits.
if you want some go buy from BL now. there's a german store selling for close to $2 now. if you're buying a box, including shipping will be around $2.40 ea. this is much cheaper than EE or TRU or Borders. don't put your hopes too high that you can score at walmart or target or lego stores. share the entire box with friends or something.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:01 am

I'm pretty sure I can get the series from Lego this time around. I'm more educated now :D . There are 4 Lego shops within a 20 mile radius. One of them is on the way home including TRU. I just hope that TRU does not jack up the price to $2.99. If they come on the first day, maybe I can score a box but not likely. I can always dream.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:25 am

sigh 4 lego stores within 20 minutes.. Why does the Lego company build these stores so unevenly

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:35 am

2 in NYC, 1 in NY and 1 in NJ. 1 hour to get to NYC even if it's 20 miles away. Darn traffic. I don't really go to the two in NYC since I can find everything in NY and NJ. Plus the bridge tolls are a ripoff.

One more thing, we just don't get crazy deals like the rest of the country either. Lego only offer a 10% discount on busted boxes.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Thu Aug 19, 2010 1:20 pm

If you have the Android phone, the minifig collector app has been updated. The update feature didn't work for me. I had to uninstall it first and reinstall it. Work great now. I'm ready to go shopping. :twisted:

Senator
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Senator » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:56 am

slacker wrote:2 in NYC, 1 in NY and 1 in NJ. 1 hour to get to NYC even if it's 20 miles away. Darn traffic. I don't really go to the two in NYC since I can find everything in NY and NJ. Plus the bridge tolls are a ripoff.

One more thing, we just don't get crazy deals like the rest of the country either. Lego only offer a 10% discount on busted boxes.
At least you guys have lego stores. The only 1 in Canada is half a country away from me.

toystest
Knight
Knight

Post by toystest » Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:58 am

Senator wrote:
slacker wrote:2 in NYC, 1 in NY and 1 in NJ. 1 hour to get to NYC even if it's 20 miles away. Darn traffic. I don't really go to the two in NYC since I can find everything in NY and NJ. Plus the bridge tolls are a ripoff.

At least you guys have lego stores. The only 1 in Canada is half a country away from me.
My closest lego store is roughly 600 miles from here.. :cry:

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:30 am

I went to my local walmart in Vancouver (B.C.)this morning and Thurday, and I couldn't find them on the shelf.

tired
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by tired » Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:58 pm

I have a general question.

How many mini-figs do you buy?
I do appreciate the fact that Legoshop.ca has a cap of 5 per purchase.
But when you see people pricing them on the gray market at 5x their retail value, do you think that is ethical?
At the same time, you see pictures of massive stocks of these mini-figs (aka 15 of each mini-figs).

Do you think this is fair?

I'm saying this from the small guy's perspective.

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:52 am

NYC TRU has none. Not even in the system.

I buy one box and leave one set sealed.

TClone
Knight
Knight

Post by TClone » Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:23 pm

Anyone willing to sell me a full set of Series 2?

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Tue Aug 24, 2010 7:42 am

wow, doesn't anyone think that this series is pretty hard to get? I mean people are buying a boat load of them this time around.

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:04 am

tired wrote:I have a general question.

How many mini-figs do you buy?
I do appreciate the fact that Legoshop.ca has a cap of 5 per purchase.
But when you see people pricing them on the gray market at 5x their retail value, do you think that is ethical?
At the same time, you see pictures of massive stocks of these mini-figs (aka 15 of each mini-figs).

Do you think this is fair?

I'm saying this from the small guy's perspective.
Honestly I would buy until I get a complete set. These are such a good deal. I have no idea how LEGO is so stupidly not producing more of these as they could sell more of these than anything they have EVER made. It looks like they're going the polybag route on this one though...Low availability with highly desirable pieces and figures. It pisses me off. I don't think it's fair that they produce so few of these despite the fact that absolutely everybody seems to be clamoring for them.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Aug 24, 2010 8:08 am

legitimatealex wrote:
Honestly I would buy until I get a complete set. These are such a good deal. I have no idea how LEGO is so stupidly not producing more of these as they could sell more of these than anything they have EVER made. It looks like they're going the polybag route on this one though...Low availability with highly desirable pieces and figures. It pisses me off. I don't think it's fair that they produce so few of these despite the fact that absolutely everybody seems to be clamoring for them.
I agree, they screwed up.

Hopefully they actually made a lot more, and when are officially released well see more of them.
If nothing else, series 3 better be 10 times the # made.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:48 am

I can't get excited for series 3 yet if the nervousness and heartbreak is all I have to look forward to with botched handling and shipping. I coughed up the money for a complete set of series 1 minifigures, priced at about 3.70 each rather than buying the other 9 I was missing from the first series because they all ended up being about $5 each. I'm a little upset that I couldn't just buy them from a store that I visit regularly and be super excited to see which figures I got! This feels more like work than it does fun when, instead of ripping open a bag in excitement, you have have to tediously search all over the internet for the best 'deal,' when it's not much of a deal at all.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:59 am

legitimatealex wrote:...This feels more like work than it does fun when, instead of ripping open a bag in excitement, you have have to tediously search all over the internet for the best 'deal,' when it's not much of a deal at all.
The no barcode thing will add to the excitement in my opinion.
AS long as they produce enough so they can be found by normal people. :ugeek:
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!