[US/CA] LEGO Shop January 2013 Promotions

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[US/CA] LEGO Shop January 2013 Promotions

Post by Toys N Bricks » Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:21 pm

For the month January, LEGO Shop at Home North America (USA | Canada) will be offering a Free LEGO Legends of Chima Ewar's Acro-Fighter when you make a $75 purchase. Valid January 1-31 or while supplies last.

New LEGO Products for 2013
  • Refreshes to lines such as Super Heroes, Friends, City, and Star Wars
  • New lines including Legends of Chima, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Galaxy Squad
  • New exclusives including 10937 Batman Arkham Asylum Breakout and 10233 Horizon Express
  • See What's New: USA | Canada
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: [US/CA] LEGO Shop January 2013 Promotions

Post by Marcus70 » Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:20 pm

I think you meant to say January 2013 Promotions in the header?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Marcus70 wrote:I think you meant to say January 2013 Promotions in the header?
Corrected. Thanks.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:48 pm

Toys N Bricks wrote:For the month January, LEGO Shop at Home North America (USA | Canada) will be offering a Free LEGO Legends of Chima Ewar's Acro-Fighter when you make a $75 purchase. Valid January 1-31 or while supplies last.
While supplies last, that's a good one.

zjygkmatt
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zjygkmatt » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:07 pm

Is this worth doing like the Hulk and TC-14?

Brickmythic
Knight
Knight

Post by Brickmythic » Tue Dec 25, 2012 6:17 pm

zjygkmatt wrote:Is this worth doing like the Hulk and TC-14?

jury is still out on Chima.

The 3-5 Chima sets I saw werent really selling at Kmarts or TRU's that had them before christmas.

But once the cartoon hits, its going to potentially explode.

There is a lot of hording promos among lego employees and 'Lego family' people on the inside. A handful of sellers (TLG insiders) on the auction sites tend to have a few thousand each which really eats into the 'advertised' rarity of these Lego store exclusives.

I'll start biting again once we see those Einfield connecticut lego people go away. Until the christiansens get this little problem figured out, theres almost no point buying product from TLG or shop@home when I can still get the droid or Hulk for $15-20 to this day (haha from the same einfield TLG cronies no less).

I honestly say just buy promos from the TLG cronies on ebay.

I wouldn't have a problem with it but many customers were told Hulk and TC, and shadow ARF trooper were sold out to only find TLG resellers selling thousands of them on the bay.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:31 pm

The free poly promo is working right now.

hikari
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by hikari » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:59 pm

Shipping kills any deal at S@H.

I just found that Winter Village Cottage was sold out at S@H. Will it be back again? I am collecting winter village sets. I thought I could buy this one next winter.

dulait
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dulait » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:23 pm

hikari wrote:Shipping kills any deal at S@H.

I just found that Winter Village Cottage was sold out at S@H. Will it be back again? I am collecting winter village sets. I thought I could buy this one next winter.
I think just like all other sold out sets, unless it say retired, there is still a chance they will make more if there are demands for it.

Brickred
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Brickred » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:10 am

The winter sets are usually produced in limited quantities, I doubt they will have it next year especially considering how quickly this one went even though it was priced higher then previous years.

mah4546
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by mah4546 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 1:13 am

Brickred wrote:The winter sets are usually produced in limited quantities, I doubt they will have it next year especially considering how quickly this one went even though it was priced higher then previous years.
No, they are not produced in limited quantities. They are simply ony widely available during the holiday shopping period. It will absolutely be back next year, along with the winter post office and the 2013 winter village set.

harry99
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by harry99 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:43 am

^ I am sure the Winter Village sets will come back next year - no doubt! I would not worry one single bit about it. The only reason why they are sold out is because not many people will buy them during any other season except fall/early winter (prior to the holidays).
Visit my BrickLink store - 10% off if you mention that you're a ToysNBricks member. http://www.BrickAssortments.com

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:46 am

Brickmythic wrote: There is a lot of hording promos among lego employees and 'Lego family' people on the inside. A handful of sellers (TLG insiders) on the auction sites tend to have a few thousand each which really eats into the 'advertised' rarity of these Lego store exclusives.

I'll start biting again once we see those Einfield connecticut lego people go away. Until the christiansens get this little problem figured out, theres almost no point buying product from TLG or shop@home when I can still get the droid or Hulk for $15-20 to this day (haha from the same einfield TLG cronies no less).
This is a pretty bold statement, and pretty much libel. Please don't post such speculation. Even if you have proof, this is not the forum to go accusing "insiders" of some kind of fraudulent activity.

Venvoi
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Venvoi » Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:14 am

Does anyone happen to know if Lego's planning on running another free shipping promo soon? I was planning on taking advantage of this by buying Arkham, but the $15 shipping kinda kills it.

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:15 pm

I have the same question, Venvoi. I know I don't order from Shop@Home during non-holidays.

Neo
Knight
Knight

Post by Neo » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:14 pm

Toys N Bricks wrote:For the month January, LEGO Shop at Home North America (USA | Canada) will be offering a Free LEGO Legends of Chima Ewar's Acro-Fighter when you make a $75 purchase. Valid January 1-31 or while supplies last.

• New lines including Legends of Chima, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Galaxy Squad
  • New exclusives including 10937 Batman Arkham Asylum Breakout and 10233 Horizon Express
My local Lego store was picked over - so they brought out the 2013 sets early so the shelves would be too empty. The local Walmart, Target, and TRU lego sections in my area were also picked over with the Walmart and Target sections almost empty. It's like a Hurricane sucked up most of the legos. :eek:

dilbert12
Knight
Knight

Post by dilbert12 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:48 pm

Neo wrote:

My local Lego store was picked over - so they brought out the 2013 sets early so the shelves would be too empty. The local Walmart, Target, and TRU lego sections in my area were also picked over with the Walmart and Target sections almost empty. It's like a Hurricane sucked up most of the legos. :eek:
That's good news for LEGO. Bad news for us as great clearance deals will be hard to find. Also, LEGO will continue to push out tons of new great sets. As a working adult, I can't afford to keep up or will run out of space at home.

It's a moot point for me to check out my local LEGO store as next time I go there it will be January. I was holding out on buying stuff until free Chima fig incentive kicked in.

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Fri Dec 28, 2012 7:56 pm

I will say that when the Lego Group says "Exclusive" it's a bit of a oxymoron at this point as well as "Sold Out" on their website. I don't expect them to tell the world their plans by any means. I maybe stupid at times, but I'm not dumb.

Brick & Blue
Count
Count

Post by Brick & Blue » Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:54 pm

Winter sets stay around for three years. Just because it's sold out now doesn't mean it's not coming back for next winter (if it's newer).

It's Enfield, CT, not Einfield. :P

This is the best Chima set yet. I hope it gets released by itself, I'd buy one or two.

zjygkmatt
Peasant
Peasant

Post by zjygkmatt » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:38 pm

Is this only if you order online, or also in store? I don't really like ordering but i will if I have to.