Prince of Persia at your Walmart?

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
Zithy
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Prince of Persia at your Walmart?

Post by Zithy » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:53 pm

There's a Walmart that is pretty close to my house that has undergone a long remodel so that they can stock and sell groceries. Each time I go in there I check the Lego aisle to see if there's any clearances, sales, etc. Today I saw the new SW sets but there's no Prince of Persia sets. I didn't examine each sticker tag along the shelf, but I'm pretty sure there's none for PoP sets.

Are they beginning to dry up and be finished, you think?

Is there still a good stock at your local Walmart? Not sure it this is happening at all Walmarts and Targets, but they seem to be getting pretty sparse.

If this is the same for your local places, hopefully they're headed for the Sales and Deals page soon!

hatcher
Count
Count
Location: Barrie, Ontario, Canada (aka The Great White North)

Re: Prince of Persia at your Walmart?

Post by hatcher » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:44 am

Two Walmarts in Barrie, Ontario. One has never had any Prince of Persia that I can recall, but the other does. I don't get it. The one that was remodeled so it could have groceries has the smaller lego section. Don't get that either.
Who is General Failure and why is he reading my hard disk?

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Aug 10, 2010 8:12 am

The availability of LEGO at Walmart is entirely dependent on whatever store you're visiting; there is no set amount as far as I can tell. The Walmart nearest me has a full aisle of LEGO and is usually well stocked but rarely has clearance. I can only assume that it sells really well there so they stock more. Another Walmart near me seriously has 10 sets tops. I visited another Walmart recently that had the small blue bins and nothing else.

It's really a crapshoot. Target on the other hand seems to have an aisle no matter where you visit.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

strongholds
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by strongholds » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:48 pm

The walmart at my store had 2 prince of persia sets when it first came out. After that, they stopped stocking it.

vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by vynsane » Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:33 pm

I didn't see any PoP in the Walmart in Newburgh, NY today, but I did in the Target a few blocks away. They were still full price there.
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive