[USA] Target Sale November 18-21

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
ublego
I'm New !

Re: [USA] Target Sale November 18-21

Post by ublego » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:25 pm

TOYS R US Needs to be in the news surrounding their bull**** advertising.

Fought with a Manager who refused to honor their price match policy.

Called corporate and filed a ticket, which probably means they were doodling on a piece of paper while talking to me.

I was tempted to make a scene and call my local news contact to start a good holiday story for the local news crews. A little negative press for TRU would be a win for everybody.

Drayain
I'm New !

Post by Drayain » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:41 pm

Just got it at Toys R Us for 32.40$ with price match. Manager said she had to check her email to make sure the ad wasn't a misprint. Thanks guys. Got in North Little Rock AR.

plasticaddict
I'm New !

Post by plasticaddict » Sun Nov 18, 2012 1:48 pm

first target store three register managers gave me every excuse in the book; but store manager ok'd without any hassle

second target store i went to customer service register.

she verified that the number of the pictured set was the same and changed the price no problem; no manager needed

thing is; I told the first targets store manager that the second store in the area had some sets and that might want to call and have them pulled.. he thought that was a good idea but I guess the call didn't get through.

ymmv on the hassle you'll get

tomorrow I try walmart and tru

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Sun Nov 18, 2012 2:14 pm

All of my local targets were out of stock and the manager at the store i went to said that they couldn't do an online order price adjustment so no podracers deal on my end. But I did use the 5 off 29 coupon to get the "real" anakin set for 25 plus tax :) so I'm happy.

Also went to a TRU that was next door to try to price match and they told me that "since all targets in the area were out of the set that they couldn't price match" didn't feel like arguing so I left.

Mothy
I'm New !

Post by Mothy » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:04 pm

Local Target had two of the sets marked for $89 on the shelf. I took just one, in consideration of other poor AFOLs :-D

The girl at the express lane register looked bewildered by the clearly dramatic price difference. She tapped the shoulder of a supervisor bagging at the next register. Supervisor (20-something woman) examined their own copy of the ad, seemed puzzled, quickly approved the ad price match and even mentioned possibly changing the shelf price to match. Overall a very smooth transaction and I'm proud of Target for accepting their mistake :up: I hope no one loses their job for this. Thanks guys for the heads up.

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by harrelmusic » Sun Nov 18, 2012 3:21 pm

I bought one yesterday thinking they wouldn't last long on the shelves with a big $30 price tag on them...of course I went back in today for a price match and the ~$85 price came up. I had them open the ad -- didn't see it in there at first even though I had just seen it on the wall coming in -- then found it and they checked the number and saw it was different. "Do you want me to call a manager?" she said...uh, yes please. But I thought for a moment I didn't have time for a long drawn out transaction so I asked her to return it while I went to look at the toy area.

There was one more for $85 so I headed up to ask if the manager could honor the ad picture/price. On my way back I checked the Facebook group from our local LUG and noticed one of the members had gotten one at $30 already at this store. As soon as the manager saw it she said, "Mark it down," and I was on my way. Everyone was pleasant and helpful. Another good deal thanks to TnB.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:08 pm

Got two at TRU with a Target ad pricematch. I don't have a Target within 100 miles of me, but they honored it, no problem.

Also picked up the Monster Fighters Vampire Hearse with the 20% off ($27.99) coupon and got another free coffin car.

Kodiak10
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Kodiak10 » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:00 pm

Price matched at Meijer's. No Problem. They took the whole Ad. Got 2 by the way.

The-Daryl
Knight
Knight

Post by The-Daryl » Sun Nov 18, 2012 7:39 pm

plasticaddict wrote:...thing is; I told the first targets store manager that the second store in the area had some sets and that might want to call and have them pulled.. he thought that was a good idea but I guess the call didn't get through.
Why would you tell him that? Hey thanks for giving me the deal, but pull all the rest? :shifty:

plasticaddict
I'm New !

Post by plasticaddict » Sun Nov 18, 2012 10:11 pm

"plasticaddict wrote:
...thing is; I told the first targets store manager that the second store in the area had some sets and that might want to call and have them pulled.. he thought that was a good idea but I guess the call didn't get through.

"the-daryl wrote:
Why would you tell him that? Hey thanks for giving me the deal, but pull all the rest?

I was told by the checkout clerk that she had dealt with this issue earlier with another customer so they were aware of the issue.

If they don't want to honor the ad ( which clearly stated the sets for sale at that price), then just pull the sets instead of razzing the customers with lame excuses.

Also, I didn't tell the manager I was going to that store next and was going to buy any sets available.

doodlebird
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by doodlebird » Mon Nov 19, 2012 12:36 am

Armed with the print ad from the sunday paper, i found no hassle at all with price match at walmart. (south austin, tx) customer service was VERY friendly there. very impressed with their attitude after all i'm reading about poor salaries there. Slightly longer hassle at the south austin TRU, register employee was very friendly, but manager #1 couldn't handle the price match (maybe she was an assistant manager?), so she brought over someone else (another manager?) neither manager type addressed me at all, they seemed to be hoping i'd just go away if they didn't talk to me. i just stood there smiling. with an audible harumph, manager #2 approved the price match. initial cash register operator rang me up with a smile, and read "you saved $129! nice!" no doubt. i picked up two at each location. TRU had more, walmart looked pretty picked over on a lot of the star wars stuff.

intromission
Knight
Knight

Post by intromission » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:13 am

Pricematched at Walmart, no questions asked.

Metal axe
I'm New !

Post by Metal axe » Mon Nov 19, 2012 8:41 am

Walmart in Gilbert, AZ price matched the podracers no problem at all.(The price match did require a manager for override; friendly customer service too) Target stores around me have not had this set in a while. Thanks to whomever left one set available at the Market Street WalMart, letting me in on the deal!

happymark
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by happymark » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:07 am

Metal axe wrote:Walmart in Gilbert, AZ price matched the podracers no problem at all.(The price match did require a manager for override; friendly customer service too) Target stores around me have not had this set in a while. Thanks to whomever left one set available at the Market Street WalMart, letting me in on the deal!
off topic.. I thought somebody left a LEGO Market street (10190) in the walmart.. :oops:

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:13 am

Just a moral question here, is it right that some place like Walmart or wherever should price match an obvious mistake?

I would probably do it if it were a better set myself, so I'm not casting stones from some moral high ground here, but I guess I would feel bad about it a little. It seems mildly fraudulent and if it happens enough, it may cause companies to simply not price match any more at all.

exciter1
Knight
Knight

Post by exciter1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:14 am

Probably doing them a favor. This thing is shelf warming and they need to move the stock. The toy managers don't discount the stuff quick enough at Wal-Mart anyway.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:21 am

tensor wrote:Just a moral question here, is it right that some place like Walmart or wherever should price match an obvious mistake?

I would probably do it if it were a better set myself, so I'm not casting stones from some moral high ground here, but I guess I would feel bad about it a little. It seems mildly fraudulent and if it happens enough, it may cause companies to simply not price match any more at all.
I think this is a good question. I think it's harmless to ask a price match though it may be a mistake. I personally wouldn't put up a fight at most retailers to price match. I'd ask for the highest decision making authority in the store to make a call and not waste my time with anyone else and get my answer over and done with. If it is in error then the manager should just apologize for their mistake. I'm not sure it has elements of fraud if all the criteria are met as far as price matching policy is concerned though.

legonerd
I'm New !

Post by legonerd » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:41 am

All local targets were out. Stopped at TRU...they didn't have it.
Off to Wal Mart, they had about 10 off them, all dusty on the top shelf. Old lady checkout clerk had to get out her glasses and examine the ad & picture. Called manager...that was 5 minutes. They examined it & gave the match.

brickarmor
Knight
Knight

Post by brickarmor » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:49 am

Isn't ANYONE excited about The Zombies for $25?!?!?!?

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Mon Nov 19, 2012 10:52 am

brickarmor wrote:Isn't ANYONE excited about The Zombies for $25?!?!?!?

I was. But it's sold out here, not sure if it's ever been in stock. Same with the 5 closest Targets. :(