[USA] Amazon - 9467 Ghost Train for 25% off

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

[USA] Amazon - 9467 Ghost Train for 25% off

Post by iccarus » Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:09 pm

Amazon currently has the Monster Fighters Ghost Train listed at 25% off.

http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Monster-Figh ... g=tsnbs-20" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Check out my blog - Buried in Bricks

ImmortalShark
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: [USA] Amazon - 9467 Ghost Train for 25% off

Post by ImmortalShark » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:11 am

Only 19% off now.

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:37 am

Good while it lasted. Pretty sure 25% is the lowest I've seen it, even though it's only a few $$ cheaper than last week. Finally hit a price I'm willing to pay though, as I don't think we will ever see this set drop too much more.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:03 am

iccarus wrote:Good while it lasted. Pretty sure 25% is the lowest I've seen it, even though it's only a few $$ cheaper than last week. Finally hit a price I'm willing to pay though, as I don't think we will ever see this set drop too much more.
Hard to say, after all, it is past Halloween now, and a monster theme won't be quite as hot rolling into xmas.

Zeya
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Zeya » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:05 am

I just got done building all the smaller MF sets (all but castle and haunted house). Of those, the haunted train is my favorite set. The glowing elements, ghosts, moving wings and styling all work really well.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:07 am

now down to 15%.

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:04 am

tensor wrote:
iccarus wrote:Good while it lasted. Pretty sure 25% is the lowest I've seen it, even though it's only a few $$ cheaper than last week. Finally hit a price I'm willing to pay though, as I don't think we will ever see this set drop too much more.
Hard to say, after all, it is past Halloween now, and a monster theme won't be quite as hot rolling into xmas.
It could drop a bit more, but I find it unlikely it will go higher than 30% off. It's one of the more interesting sets from the MF line and I have a feeling it will go pretty quickly if the discount ever hits that level.

I like this line in terms of the figures, but most of the smaller sets don't do much for me. I have a feeling the train will be one of the better performers after the line ends.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:25 am

I gotta say though, what nincompoop decided that it would make sense to have the rear cars NOT fit on regular Lego track? The engine does, but the cars don't? C'mon. I actually like the train as is, but if they took the time to a) make it fit the tracks and even better, b) accept PF, it would be so killer.

Marcus70
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Marcus70 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:55 am

tensor wrote:I gotta say though, what nincompoop decided that it would make sense to have the rear cars NOT fit on regular Lego track? The engine does, but the cars don't? C'mon. I actually like the train as is, but if they took the time to a) make it fit the tracks and even better, b) accept PF, it would be so killer.
From my understanding this set was really meant as to distingish itself not part of the train line, hence, used as a halloween display piece or a push train for the kids. Actually I like the fact that it used kinetic wheels to have more variety of parts. For the train lego collectors, it's quite easy to convert it to PF and track compatible, if you had any of the City trains to use parts from.

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:15 pm

Zeya wrote:I just got done building all the smaller MF sets (all but castle and haunted house). Of those, the haunted train is my favorite set. The glowing elements, ghosts, moving wings and styling all work really well.
Even though it's just a tree and a car, I quite like the Werewolf set. Good supply of foliage for MOCs, for such a small set of parts the car is pretty neat. Will probably pick up a few if those ever get to 20% off. I think the Crazy Scientist set is kind of the clunker of the line for me.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Thu Nov 01, 2012 3:44 pm

zak001 wrote:
Zeya wrote:I just got done building all the smaller MF sets (all but castle and haunted house). Of those, the haunted train is my favorite set. The glowing elements, ghosts, moving wings and styling all work really well.
Even though it's just a tree and a car, I quite like the Werewolf set. Good supply of foliage for MOCs, for such a small set of parts the car is pretty neat. Will probably pick up a few if those ever get to 20% off. I think the Crazy Scientist set is kind of the clunker of the line for me.
We're totally off topic, but I'll chime in. I thought the same of the scientist, but for play value, my boys love it because there's a lot to do. The way the light brick flashes is pretty innovative, as is the Jurassic-Park-2-car's slide out seat.