US - LEGO Friends Advent Calendar

Discuss about retailers that carries LEGO products here! Got a LEGO Product Find or Polybag Find from a store? Share it with us. It can be a new or even a really old retired set!
vynsane
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Re: US - LEGO Friends Advent Calendar

Post by vynsane » Mon Aug 27, 2012 6:35 am

A while back, after a visit to my closest LBR I filled out one of those "how are we doing?" surveys on my receipt and within hours received a personal thank-you response from the assistant manager, who told me to contact him any time I had a question or request, along with his direct phone number and email address. So, I figured no harm in asking when they were getting them in and if, at all possible, they could hold one for me.

Moral of the story: Fill out your surveys!
ALL HAIL THE BLACTRON EMPIRE!

Flickr Photostream | Dropbox - LDD files and instruction archive

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:14 am

A shipment of these is 200, so basically 200 per store.

You can call your store and they will reserve/hold one for up to a day. I don't know if this is corporate policy, but 3 different stores have done this in the past for me.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:49 am

And it has been confirmed by a LEGO employee that the Friends Advent Calendar will only be in LEGO Stores and not online. This is what the Facebook comment said:
We will be selling a Friends advent calendar but it will only be available in LEGO stores due to limited quantities.

crieke33
I'm New !

Post by crieke33 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 1:10 pm

Just bought a Lego friends advent calendar at the northpark store in Dallas, Texas.

SpaceViking
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceViking » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:20 pm

These were available in Natick, MA today too.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Aug 27, 2012 2:29 pm

meyerc13 wrote:I think somewhere just over 200 were expected for the store I visited. If each store is getting an equal shipment, that means about 1500-2000 units in the US. Some of the bigger stores might get more. Internationally people have been finding them at other retailers, but I'm sure they weren't ordering the quantity that Wal Mart, Target, or TRU would order so that might explain it. I suspect these will be more readily available than the 3300003-1 LEGO Brand Retail Store grand opening exclusive, which is now going for about $100. The question is, what will demand be for this set? Outside of AFOLs, how many people will even know about this set? I don't think it is going to be the next Cabbage Patch Kids, Tickle Me Elmo, Nintendo Wii, or LeapPad. If nobody knows about it, people aren't going to be looking for it and paying the insane prices.
I am grateful for all the information you provided this thread with. I am going to try purchasing some to have in my collection. Kudos to you for sharing meyerc13!

scatmanjack
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by scatmanjack » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:13 pm

I just bought one at Northpark as well. It was $34.99. I had called the store this morning and they were holding one for me.

DadsAFOL
Citizen
Citizen

Post by DadsAFOL » Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:14 pm

On the shelf at Downtown Disney, Anaheim today.

Build with confidence by buying parts from our BrickLink store at http://www.DadsAFOL.com. Only store with instant shipping and payment options!

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:13 pm

I called Lego SAH and the CS agent told me she has no idea if they are getting any or not. After calling some Lego stores near me I have come to the conclusion that SAH may not be getting them. One worker told me that they have already received their one shipment and that SAH usually gets items in before the stores. So I can confirm that the Lego stores are only getting one shipment but I cannot confirm yet that SAH will or will not get any. It looks that they probably won't. Get em while you can Friends fans. I ended up ordering it from a Lego store and paying the shipping (I'm in New Mexico and the closest Lego stores are Phoenix and Dallas).
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

SpaceNinjaDino
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by SpaceNinjaDino » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:34 am

I'm going to call to see if my store got any in, and then see how long they can hold. Most stores just hold for the same day. Earliest I can go is Saturday. I hope they get them in this week.

legonoose
I'm New !

Post by legonoose » Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:50 am

Saw them on the shelf in my local store in NJ last night. They had only one shelf with about 10-12 displayed so I assume there may have been more in the back to replenish. Both salespeople I spoke with confirmed this is a limited item so buy it now if you want it.

HokieJoe99
I'm New !

Post by HokieJoe99 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:15 am

These are available at the Newark, DE store. They will hold them until COB if you call.

tensor
Knight
Knight

Post by tensor » Wed Aug 29, 2012 11:14 am

meyerc13 wrote:I don't think it is going to be the next Cabbage Patch Kids, Tickle Me Elmo, Nintendo Wii, or LeapPad. If nobody knows about it, people aren't going to be looking for it and paying the insane prices.
If the shipments are truly 1-only, and there will be no more production/replenishment, and friends is as popular as Lego claims it is, you're right, this won't be like any of those.

It'll be more.

cjagar
I'm New !

Post by cjagar » Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:59 pm

Bought one today for 34.99 at jersey gardens. Manager said it was a "one shot deal" and they had received 250 sets and sold about 50 so far.

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:14 pm

Went to get a couple today, and was told one-per-person.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by unclephn » Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:48 pm

Picked up two today, one for my niece and one for me. Might go back to pick up a couple more!

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:45 pm

I bought 2 the other day. One for my daughter and I'll keep one for my niece. We already started it...who says you have to wait til December! :mrgreen:

Orangechef
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Orangechef » Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:48 pm

In stock at the Glendale, California store.

anakinisvader
Knight
Knight

Post by anakinisvader » Wed Aug 29, 2012 7:13 pm

atmail35 wrote:I bought 2 the other day. One for my daughter and I'll keep one for my niece. We already started it...who says you have to wait til December! :mrgreen:
If you get 5 you can do it all the way up until the end of the year!!!!!! :clap:
Why do we drive on a parkway and park on a driveway?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 8:56 pm

anakinisvader wrote:
atmail35 wrote:I bought 2 the other day. One for my daughter and I'll keep one for my niece. We already started it...who says you have to wait til December! :mrgreen:
If you get 5 you can do it all the way up until the end of the year!!!!!! :clap:
Well I figured we could do Friends in September, City in October, Star Wars in November and actually I have the 2011 City Advent calendar that we never opened since she did SW last year. We should be all set for 2012! :mrgreen:

Seriously though I am going to call LEGO Marketing. They should have made a Halloween Advent calendar to count down to Halloween with Monster Fighters! In fact they should make a generic countdown calendar to countdown to any occassion (birthday, graduation, whatever). I would totally purchase that!