[Entries] LEGO Summer Vignette 2012

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Entries] LEGO Summer Vignette 2012

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 am

This is the entries topic for the LEGO Summer Vignette Contest. You are also welcome to comment on other people's entries too.

Below are the rules for submitting your entries. For full details regarding the contest and prizes, please read the contest announcement topic.

Submit your Entry
  • Upload your images onto our Flickr Group Pool (you can upload as many as you want)
  • Tag your images as "Toysnbricks"
  • You may link your Flickr account here so we can see additional images
  • Post your creation in this topic with a title, 2 images and the amount of pieces you have used
  • Description of your creation is optional, but recommended
  • You may edit your entry as many times as you like until the deadline (August 31st)
Toys N Bricks reserves the right to modify or change the rules at anytime.
By accepting the prize, you have read and understood the rules and our Basic Contests & Prizes Rules.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Re: [Entries] LEGO Summer Vignette 2012

Post by cornbread » Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:00 am

My entry is called "Brickyard BBQ" and I used 75 pieces.
You can view more photos at Mini Brickyard BBQ gallery

"Mini Brickyard BBQ - Side" by Tom Nute

Summer to me means backyard barbequing and the most important part of a barbeque is the meat! Even the dog agrees!

Good luck to everyone else who enters the contest! Many thanks to Toys N Bricks and Hoosier Brick for hosting this great contest.

"Mini Brickyard BBQ - Close" by Tom Nute

PS: I apologize for my bad entry earlier. I misread the size restrictions!
Last edited by cornbread on Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:06 pm

My contest vignette, called "Procrastination".

My summer is always a game played between the things I should do and the things I want to do. 10 to 1 I will be going with the latter.

About 98 pieces and one minifigure!

Enjoy and best of luck to all!

david

Toys N Bricks vignette Contest by dho7622u, on Flickr

Toys N Bricks vignette Contest by dho7622u, on Flickr

dr_spock
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dr_spock » Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:26 pm

My summer vignette is called Girl Watching.

When I was young, I did a lot of cycling. There were many pretty girls on the bike path. Summer time meant they wore less. :) One time I rode past a cute girl and, BAM, I was flat on the ground...ouch...

This has 35 pieces and 2 minifigs.

zhouston
I'm New !

Post by zhouston » Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:14 pm

"Tim greatly underestimated the effects of High Tide!"

218 pieces, 1 minifig

This might be a slight exaggeration but whenever my sand castles got destroyed as a kid it always felt like the waves were this big!

Tim greatly underestimated the effects of high tide. by zane_houston, on Flickr

Tim greatly underestimated the effects of high tide. by zane_houston, on Flickr

Special thanks to Toys N Bricks and Hoosier Brick for the contest!
Good luck to everyone else, the other entries so far are already awesome!

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:39 pm

This is fantastic! Great work!

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Sat Aug 18, 2012 7:16 pm

This is more like a tsunami, but no dobut this is cool.

BTW, I like your HULK flying vehicle from engine to cockpit, it was so detail. It fit hulk so well. Hat off to your work .

zhouston
I'm New !

Post by zhouston » Sat Aug 18, 2012 9:15 pm

legohunter wrote:This is more like a tsunami, but no dobut this is cool.

BTW, I like your HULK flying vehicle from engine to cockpit, it was so detail. It fit hulk so well. Hat off to your work .
Thanks! yeah the wave is definitely bigger than a tide haha, that's my attempt at humor i guess

sealslip3
I'm New !

Post by sealslip3 » Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:01 pm

Here's my entry, titled "Stormtrooper's Day Off":

Even Stormtroopers like to go on vacation! The Empire doesn't give very good benefits, so Charlie likes to take advantage of his time off by heading to the Forest Moon of Endor, where he can relax and enjoy some of his favorite hobbies: hiking, camping, and bird watching.

I used a total of exactly 100 pieces.

Thanks to Toys N Bricks and Hoosier Brick for hosting and sponsoring this contest; best of luck to all!

LDM
I'm New !

Post by LDM » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:18 pm

S'mores
http://www.flickr.com/photos/ltdemartin ... hotostream" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

122 parts. I counted each minifigure hand, leg, arm, torso, and hip separately because I also used individual minifig hands elsewhere in the build, so I wanted to be consistent with my counting. Besides, if a minifigure (which would theoretically include Technic figures) is one part, then what is one Technic figure arm pin (what I used for the matches)? 1/20th of a part? :p

Last edited by LDM on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:09 am

My SigFig enjoys a beautiful summer day biking around the city. While I don't exactly go biking often, I enjoy it when I do.

You could probably guess where the parts of the house came from. :razz: Recycling LEGO pieces! This vignette contains 278 pieces.

This MOC was harder than I thought, having to cram details into a 10x10 base is not an easy task. There were so many things I wanted to decorate the vignette with, but had to scrap them because there was simply not enough space.

This skinny townhouse is based off the ones you find in NYC, those little brick buildings with a little porch space in front.

Last edited by Legobrandon on Sun Aug 26, 2012 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nannan
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Nannan » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:17 pm

Off-Duty Lifeguard

What's the point of sitting around the beach all day if you can't have a little fun? :cool:

125 pieces

Last edited by Nannan on Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SEK527
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SEK527 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:19 pm

Thanks for running this contest. Here's my entry for the Summer Vignette contest. I used 112 pieces. As a young girl my friends & I spent many hours in the summer jump roping. I used two LEGO gear pieces from my childhood. I still remember when my brother got them for Christmas. The gears are still my favorite LEGO pieces. - Sue
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by SEK527 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Naka
I'm New !

Post by Naka » Mon Aug 27, 2012 11:00 am

Summer Splash
214 piece count

IMG_2802 by dperschonok, on Flickr

IMG_2813 by dperschonok, on Flickr
Last edited by Naka on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:31 pm

Title: A Pirate Goes for the Gold!
Piece count: 133

Since it's start in ancient Atlantis, nothing defines summer quite like the LEGOlympic games. And there is no event more anticipated than the 100cm dash. This year was no exception, as Brickmaka's Insane Dolt was set to defend his title. However, the unexpected occurred when the pudgy peg legged Dread Pirate Redbricks entered the games and not only won but set a new world record. Amidst the stunned silence of the crowd, runner-up Dolt could be heard yelling nothing but one word, "Inconceivable!". A few hours later, host country Plate Bricken's bronze medalist Denny Turbo was taking things more in stride saying, "Hey, I'm still a stud, even if I'm not on top of the podium". Tomorrow, Redbricks states he shall be going for the total gold medal record with events in swimming, gymnastics, and a raid on the olympic village.

Pirategold2 by sydra53, on Flickr

pirategold1 by sydra53, on Flickr

andrewduke711
I'm New !

Post by andrewduke711 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:41 pm

" Lego Beach "

What a better sign of summer than a beach. In my 10x10 it not only shows topside, but goes beneath the sand to show the deep blue sea. I used clear window bricks to represent the ocean floor and it's surroundings.
On the beach there is a man fishing off the edge of the sand, a women laying out in the sun on her beach towel, and a young child taking a swim in the water.
Looking down there is glass panels displaying the ocean's habitat. An unlucky fish is caught on the man's line from the beach. You can also see the boy kicking in the water with his bright green fins. If you look further back into the ocean you can see a fish hiding from the fisher, behind some seaweed.

Total bricks: 178
Total figures: 3

download/file.php?mode=view&id=2533" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

download/file.php?mode=view&id=2534" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Created by: andrewduke711 Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/andrewduke711/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by andrewduke711 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

citizen
I'm New !

Post by citizen » Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:45 am

Hi, maybe you guys don't recognize me, since I seldom post things here, but I really love the site, especially because of these awesome contests!! :-)
Back to the topic, this is my entry for the LEGO Summer Vignette 2012. I name this vignette as "A Robo Summer". Here’s a photo of my entry:
The number pieces spent on it is 138. To let you see the background more clearly, I remove the things in front of it and take a photo:
In the world of Lego bricks, nothing is impossible, isn’t it? Apart from the various official Lego minifigures, I chose these brick-built robots to be the main characters of my summer scene. I have this idea because of my childhood. When I was small, I didn't have minifigures sets, as my father thought they cost a lot ( In fact, they do! :lol: ). So with my limited imagination, I built this kind of robots to play the role of the minifigures. When I found out this cool Lego contest, I though of these little robots immediately ( As I don’t get those summer minifigures from the collectable minifigures series…) ! And what’s more, who say robots can’t enjoy the wonderful summer time?!
The scene is set on a beach. As you can see, the two robots are father and son. Of course, the one who is building a sand castle is the son. You may think that it is weird that the father is holding a fish in his hand, but I can explain this: the father is trying to cheer up his dearest son. And you may ask,”Where is his mother?” Relax, she must be somewhere outside the 10X10, or why do you think there is a pink surfboard?
As you can see, to create a better summer feel, I added an ice-cream and an ice-lolly.
Just in case if you can’t notice, I have added some gears to enhance the feeling of robots.
This is the end of my entry and hope you like it and support me. And of course, I would like to say thank you to Toys N Bricks and Hoosier Brick for holding this contest and providing the great prizes!
Good luck to everyone, and zhouston, I really like your masterpieces!!
Fickr link: http://www.flickr.com/photos/86172029@N ... 7892988674" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

MotionOTheOcean
Peasant
Peasant

Post by MotionOTheOcean » Thu Aug 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Old Man and The Sea -- 89 Pieces

Old Man and The Sea by MotionOTheOcean, on Flickr

Old Man and the Sea by MotionOTheOcean, on Flickr

“He always thought of the sea as 'la mar' which is what people call her in Spanish when they love her. Sometimes those who love her say bad things of her but they are always said as though she were a woman. Some of the younger fishermen, those who used buoys as floats for their lines and had motorboats, bought when the shark livers had brought much money, spoke of her as 'el mar' which is masculine.They spoke of her as a contestant or a place or even an enemy. But the old man always thought of her as feminine and as something that gave or withheld great favours, and if she did wild or wicked things it was because she could not help them. The moon affects her as it does a woman, he thought.” -Ernest Hemingway, Old Man and the Sea

spacysmoke
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by spacysmoke » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Family Summer Road Trip
241 Pieces

I remember when I was young, my family went on a road trip up the coast from Los Angeles to northern California (I don't remember where we stopped to turn around). We hit all the tourist spots like Solvang, Monterey Bay, Yosemite, the redwood forest, some caves somewhere and probably some other places I don't quite remember.
This vignette shows a family of four driving up the coast, the horizon of the ocean in the background and the hot summer sun overhead. Their car is all packed up, ready for camping at a national park, or staying in a local hotel.

For more photos, check out the set on Flickr:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/swafr/sets ... 329354744/

Athos
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Athos » Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:59 pm

Rodeos are a big summer time event in the West:

Approximately 60 pieces.

The flickr gallery:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/37777874@N ... 330806952/

Steve