Toys R Us 20% Discount

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Yogibara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Toys R Us 20% Discount

Post by Yogibara » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:17 pm

They're running a 20% online purchase from now until Aug 18 when you purchase $100 dollars of stuff. Plus when I clicked on the link there was another promo for 15 dollars off a Lego purchase with a coupon code. Where can we find those?

harrelmusic
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: Toys R Us 20% Discount

Post by harrelmusic » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Toys N' Bricks always comes through with the info -- this thread should solve the code mystery ;-)

viewtopic.php?f=67&t=6587" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Yogibara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Yogibara » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:27 pm

Yeah, thanks. sorry about the double post. I can't seem to get the 20% discount to work on Lego though.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:40 pm

Has anyone gotten the 20% to work on LEGO? It's not excluded by the terms sheet of the promotion.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:57 pm

ninjagoyo wrote:Has anyone gotten the 20% to work on LEGO? It's not excluded by the terms sheet of the promotion.
They will exclude by adding in the free mini figs...then it becomes a special offer

Yogibara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Yogibara » Sun Aug 12, 2012 3:59 pm

Total waste of time.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:47 pm

chenwaa123 wrote:
They will exclude by adding in the free mini figs...then it becomes a special offer
Sly. Are they still jerking us around in revenge for the 10 off 50 fiasco?
Anyway, the more complicated they make things, the more likely it is they will outsmart themselves and screw up again. I'm just biding my time.

Also, when you do the 15 off 50 for something right close to 50, it drops the price... but you lose the free shipping for 49 and over! I mean sure, they have a right to structure it that way, but it probably isn't good long term business practice to constantly create the impression that you are bait and switching your customers.

Yogibara
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by Yogibara » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:38 pm

That's fine I'll keep spending my money at places that actually want my business. Amazon, with amazon prime, is a no brainier first with target and Walmart a close second and third for finding deals. TRU is a fallback plan. I just got the amazon visa and now I get three points for every dollar and a 100 points = $1. I don't know about you guys but that's a nice little bonus in my household.

iccarus
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by iccarus » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:50 am

chenwaa123 wrote:
ninjagoyo wrote:Has anyone gotten the 20% to work on LEGO? It's not excluded by the terms sheet of the promotion.
Ah, I wondered about that. I was going to finally bite the bullet and order an IS last night but the 20% was not being applied. I figured there was some loophole I had not thought about.

Removing the figure from your cart doesn't change anything either, in case you were wondering.

RainingBoroSI02
Peasant
Peasant

Post by RainingBoroSI02 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:58 am

Has anyone tried calling customer support and trying to resolve it that way? I tried removing the figures too, but no luck.

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 2:12 pm

I just had a look at the details of the coupon and Lego has hit the exclusion list. I hope this isn't the foretelling of new and negative trend of Lego exclusions.

ninjagoyo
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by ninjagoyo » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:04 pm

They actually changed it. Wish I had a screenshot of when it clearly WASN'T on the original exlusion list.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 5:52 pm

ninjagoyo wrote:They actually changed it, those bastards. Wish I had a screenshot of when it clearly WASN'T on the original exlusion list.
+1 yup they changed it. Not only that but on the Pet Shop the coupon showed under the details unlike other Lego and it still wouldn't apply.

With B&N, Amazon, Yoyo & the occasional Lego.com sales why bother shopping at TRU...they won't be getting any more of my money.

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:54 pm

Actually, I just tried it for the SW Y-Wing($15 off 1 time use coupon) and it discounted... so I don't know what TRU is doing. If it still applies tomorrow than I'll bite.

chenwaa123
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by chenwaa123 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:34 pm

SquareSide wrote:Actually, I just tried it for the SW Y-Wing($15 off 1 time use coupon) and it discounted... so I don't know what TRU is doing. If it still applies tomorrow than I'll bite.
The $15 works but the 20% doesn't. The Shuttle at $79.99 is ok with the coupon I guess...wish the Town Hall would go on sale...where have all the bogo gone :down:

gunoz
Citizen
Citizen

Post by gunoz » Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:03 pm

ninjagoyo wrote:They actually changed it, those bastards. Wish I had a screenshot of when it clearly WASN'T on the original exlusion list.
Having had a similar problem with one of their Memorial Day promotions that wasn't being applied, I made sure to take a screen grab.

http://i48.tinypic.com/30a49ip.jpg

[EDIT] I relocated the image to tinypic
Last edited by gunoz on Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

legogeek
Knight
Knight

Post by legogeek » Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:03 am

gunoz wrote:
Having had a similar problem with one of their Memorial Day promotions that wasn't being applied, I made sure to take a screen grab.

http://www.giannuzzi.com/images/TRU20No ... lusion.jpg
Wow. Nice business practices TRU. :down:

SquareSide
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by SquareSide » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:28 pm

They cancelled my Y-Wing order... says it's not in stock at my store but site still says it is in stock for my store. Maybe it got bought out in the morning? I'm gonna check the store anyway. If it's there you better believe I'm raising you know what... :evil:

UPDATE: I go to my store and they have like 15 Y-Wing sets! I printed out a coupon before I went so I still got it for $39.99. So I don't know what Toysrus is doing with their store pickup option... :down: I didn't complain since there was a very loud crying baby at the time. I'll just take it up with the Toysrus site. :mad:

Luciant
Count
Count

Post by Luciant » Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:20 am

Man I got REALLY spoiled from all that BOGO 50%, B2G1 90%, etc. My wallet loves it though. I seem to be waiting a lot longer these days, and having to settle for 20-30% most sets instead of getting the 30-75% off everything from previous years.

Target isn't having as many sales/ clearances which makes it even worse. I don't even bother looking at TRU anymore with all the price increase shinanigans...
I have mixed feelings about new releases: I can't wait to see and get the new sets... but I can't figure out where I'm gonna put them or store them.

natelite
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by natelite » Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:55 am

Luciant wrote:Man I got REALLY spoiled from all that BOGO 50%, B2G1 90%, etc. My wallet loves it though. I seem to be waiting a lot longer these days, and having to settle for 20-30% most sets instead of getting the 30-75% off everything from previous years.

Target isn't having as many sales/ clearances which makes it even worse. I don't even bother looking at TRU anymore with all the price increase shinanigans...
yup, the sales have been pretty poor this year. probably because of the worsening economic condition and also the frauds and shoplifting going on. seems like more news this year about lego theft.