LEGO Team GB Olympics Minifigures Contest

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

LEGO Team GB Olympics Minifigures Contest

Post by Toys N Bricks » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:15 pm

The London 2012 Olympics opening ceremony have commenced a few hours ago (1pm PST / 4pm EST / 9pm GMT) marking the start of the Olympic Games. I'm sure most of you are still watching it right now!

To celebrate this special international sport event, we will have a raffle where you could win a complete set of nine LEGO London Team GB Olympic Minifigures! This set of minifigures is exclusive to the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. They are not available for sale in any other countries making them very rare and limited! Wanna win them? Find out how below!

Raffle giveaway is open until the end of the London Olympics on Sunday August 12, 2012 at 21:00 PST.

How to Enter

You can enter our raffle in 1 of the following 3 ways. The more ways you enter, the higher your chances of winning.
  • Facebook: Tell us which Olympic Team GB minifigure is your favorite/favourite and why on our Facebook page. Make sure to Like Us first! (1 ticket)
  • Twitter: What would you want if LEGO made an Olympic set? Tweet to Toys N Bricks but make sure to follow us first! (1 ticket)
  • Olympic Build: Build your favorite/favourite London Olympics scene using a minimum of 100 pieces (2 tickets)
*For the build, you can post your creation in this topic. If you don't have forum membership, you will need to register. All other entry formats do not require forum membership.

Submitting your ticket

To submit your tickets into the raffle, please provide us the following information on our raffle form.
  • Method of Entry (Facebook/Twitter/Olympic Build)
  • Screen name for Facebook/Twitter or Forum member name for the build
  • Country of Residence
Please send a separate email for each ticket. For example, if you only posted on Facebook, you would send in 1 email. If you posted on Facebook, Twitter and built something, you would send in 4 separate emails. When the raffle ends, we will generate a random number and that number/email in our inbox will be checked. If there are no contest violations, that person will be the winner.

Prize

The lucky raffle winner will receive a complete set of 9 LEGO Olympics Team GB Minifigures. The minifigures are new but have been carefully opened to confirm the identity of each minifigure.

Raffle Rules Toys N Bricks reserves the right to modify or change the rules at anytime.
By accepting the prize, you have read and understood our basic contests & prizes rules.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: LEGO Team GB Olympics Minifigures Contest

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:16 pm

If you have questions, please let us know here.

* p.s thanks to atmail35 for the ideas on how to distribute these minifigures :)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:19 pm

For the build, do we have to use physical bricks or are we allowed to use LDD? Thanks TNB for hosting this wonderful contest and give use a chance to win a set of these exclusive minifigures.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 27, 2012 9:59 pm

Hi Legobrandon

Its only a small build. But if you really want to use LDD, we're not going to say no. Since this is a raffle, we can be a bit more flexible. :)

legitimatealex
Count
Count

Post by legitimatealex » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:55 am

Relay race :-D Not that I can watch the olympics with no TV though. Curse you new apartment.
http://www.eightclickbrick.com/ Find me here on the internet.

Playing with LEGO when I can. Where does the time go?

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:31 am

Buzz and Bullseye steal the spot from Canadian athlete Tiffany Foster, who chose to not attend remaining games at Greenwich park due to her injury horse.

2012 Olympic Equestrian by LegoCabinet, on Flickr

legohunter
Count
Count

Post by legohunter » Fri Aug 10, 2012 12:04 pm

Photo of the Scene.

brickbox02
I'm New !

Post by brickbox02 » Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:49 pm

Here is my entry. It is a scene of the long jump event.

betancur
I'm New !

Post by betancur » Sun Aug 12, 2012 4:26 am

196 - women's 200m Individual Medley
Imagehttp://www.flickr.com/photos/chiky/7683344804/

Seems small but the green pieces to create the swimming separators are exactly 100 pieces, and the waters ones are around 25

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:18 pm

My entry for the Contest. Roughly 180 bricks and 10 minifigs

"At the finish line!" The crowd reacts at the end of the finish...

A judge shuttles around his RC Mini Cooper, while the timekeeper knows something is very wrong....

Enjoy!

Toys and Bricks Olympics Raffle by dho7622u, on Flickr
david

wayneallen
I'm New !

Post by wayneallen » Sun Aug 12, 2012 5:04 pm

I created two scenes for the Olympic contest.

Men's Pole Vault

Archery
The official was hit by a stray arrow. oops! :lol:

sydra
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by sydra » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:16 pm

A simple build, with obligatory piece count inflating random spectators! But definitely my favorite moment of the Olympics, in which a boxer goes down 6 times in the final round...and is declared the winner! Apparently the ref did not look like this.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by sydra on Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Sun Aug 12, 2012 7:52 pm

My last minute entry. I've really enjoyed the 2012 London Olympics, but am happy that I can soon go to bed at a reasonable time!

The entry honors women's gymnastics. As you can see this gymnast steps out of bounds during her floor routine and receives the white flag. Her coach is not amused! The judges will have to work hard calculating her score! Not to call out a specific gymnast, but I had US Gymnast Jordyn Wieber in mind ;-) Edited: I should explain why this is my favorite Olympic moment. ;-) While disappointing that Jordyn did not make the cut for the All Around Competition, partially because she stepped out durng her routine, a gymnast from Massachusetts, Aly Raisman rocked on the floor (twice) to qualify for the All Around and to go on for the Gold on Floor Exercise.

I suppose you could also see this little scene as the Russians who did not take gold on the Floor Exercise!

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Sun Aug 12, 2012 8:25 pm

"Ryan Cochrane, silver medal for Canada"