[Contest] LEGO Summer Vignette 2012

Vote, View and participate in our LEGO Contests to win awesome LEGO prizes.
Toys N Bricks
Administrator
Administrator

[Contest] LEGO Summer Vignette 2012

Post by Toys N Bricks » Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:33 am

Our LEGO Summer 2012 Contest is now here! This Summer, the challenge is to build a small vignette using 10x10 plate for the footprint with no more than 300 pieces. If you have a question regarding this contest, please post it here.

You will have lots of time for this contest as it will run for 2 months. Use your time wisely to design one of the best looking summer vignettes! Looking for pieces to build your creation? Hoosier Brick has a huge selection of parts and has also partnered with us where you can get 15% off on all parts orders when you mention this contest.

Contest Rules
  • Creation must be Summer theme
  • Baseplate must be 10X10 (you can connect pieces to make a 10X10 plate)
  • You can use up to a maximum of 300 pieces
  • Entries must be completely new (it cannot be from a past contest, event, etc)
  • Entries must be built with LEGO pieces (no LDD, custom brands, stickers, other objects used)
  • If you have won the last LEGO Building Contest (Microbuild LEGO Tournament 2012 Contest), you are not allowed to enter
  • All basic contest rules followed
Submit your Entry
  • Please submit your entries in this topic
  • Details on how to submit are also available there
Evaluation
  • Contest evaluation will be based on votes from members
  • If there is a tie, there will either be another voting round for the 2 contestants or the staff will make the final call
Deadline: Contest ends on August 31st at 21:00 PST (September 1st - 0:00 EST).
*All entries that fails to meet the above guidelines by the deadline will be disqualified.

Prizes

Grand Prize
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a LEGO Star Wars Prize Package consisting of 7 brand-new sets:
  • 7754 Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser
  • 8014 Clone Walker Battle Pack
  • 8015 Assassin Droids Battle Pack
  • 9490 Droid Escape
  • 9491 Geonosian Cannon
  • 9675 Sebulba & Tatooine
  • 9676 Tie Interceptor & Death Star
2nd Place
The Second Place Winner will receive a $50 Bricklink Gift Certificate that can be used for anything at Hoosier Brick. The Third Place winner will also receive free worldwide shipping so its a true $50 gift. Voucher will be good for 1 year after issue. Bricklink account required.

Toys N Bricks reserves the right to modify or change the rules at anytime.
By accepting the prize, you have read and understood the rules and our basic contests & prizes rules.
Toys N Bricks
A LEGO Fan Community. Like us on FaceBook and follow us on Twitter!

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [Contest] LEGO Summer Vignette 2012

Post by Ice » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Winners will receive the original LEGO box. No deboxing! :)

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Big thanks to Hoosier Brick! SO COOL. Can't wait.

david

unclad
I'm New !

Post by unclad » Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:39 pm

You may want to clarify the max number of pieces allowed. Description states no more than 300 pieces, but the contest rules state maximum of 350 pieces.

soccerkid6
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by soccerkid6 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:06 am

Cool contest I hope I can get around to entering something :-)
The 3rd place prize is my favorite :lol:

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:55 am

Does the entry have to use a collectable minifigure? Does it have to use a minifigure at all?

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 02, 2012 1:59 pm

soccerkid6 wrote:Cool contest I hope I can get around to entering something :-)
A temporary poll has been added. Please let us know which prize package you guys like the most. If neccessary, we will adjust the prize rankings or let 1st place have first pick. :)
unclad wrote:You may want to clarify the max number of pieces allowed. Description states no more than 300 pieces, but the contest rules state maximum of 350 pieces.
It is 300 pieces. Thank you.
crazybirdman wrote:Does the entry have to use a collectable minifigure? Does it have to use a minifigure at all?
No, it is up to you whether or not you want to include minifigures.

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:17 pm

Ice wrote:
A temporary poll has been added. Please let us know which prize package you guys like the most. If neccessary, we will adjust the prize rankings or let 1st place have first pick. :)
Thank you to those who voted. Results: Grand prize was #1, runner up was the $50 Gift Card and 2nd prize is #3. Since no one picked second prize, we will combine it with the grand prize. This means the grand prize winner will now get 7 sets in total. :)

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:20 pm

Ice wrote:
Ice wrote:
Thank you to those who voted. Results: Grand prize was #1, runner up was the $50 Gift Card and 2nd prize is #3. Since no one picked second prize, we will combine it with the grand prize. This means the grand prize winner will now get 7 sets in total. :)
The more winners the better? I prefer 3 prizes instead of 2. Just my 2 cents.

purplepirate
Peasant
Peasant

Post by purplepirate » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:57 pm

Legobrandon wrote: The more winners the better? I prefer 3 prizes instead of 2. Just my 2 cents.
I second this.

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:33 pm

I third, although I like the option (if you win 1st place) to pass and take a 'lesser' prize. Someone may already have the 1st place set, and want to pass on it.

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:41 am

This is just an update from Hoosier Brick. We will be closed for vacation from July 10-24(part of the reason this contest runs til end of August). We will be taking our summer road trip visiting various Baseball Stadiums/Amusement Parks/LEGO stores. This years itinerary takes us through Chicago, Milwaukee, Minneapolis, Kansas City, and St Louis with all points in between! If you guys can think of anything that is a MUST DO in one of these cities please PM me. I love a local point of view on the best a city has to offer!

The store will have a bypass password setup so you can visit the store and place an order for immediate processing upon return. The password will be "vacation" without the quotation marks. You can still contact me via email, but response time will be more in the 24 hour range as opposed to a few hours normally. If you want your order shipped out by the morning of July 11 you must be paid by July 9. Any questions or comments please feel free to contact me here or on Bricklink.com!

Patrick
Hoosier Brick

Ice
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Ice » Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:30 pm

crazybirdman wrote:I third, although I like the option (if you win 1st place) to pass and take a 'lesser' prize. Someone may already have the 1st place set, and want to pass on it.
Unfortunately, the prize distribution will stay like that. In fact, we were not planning to offer the Home One, Clone Walker and Assassin Droids Battle Pack for this contest to begin with! That was a completely a last minute thing that I added. :)

Pepper
I'm New !

Post by Pepper » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:35 pm

If you have a minifig in your entry, does it count as part of the 300 pieces?

legogod
Knight
Knight

Post by legogod » Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:20 pm

In other contests it counted toward the maximum piece count. So if your minifig has a head, hair, torso and legs that would be four pieces. Now you have 296 left to build with...

Jared

zhouston
I'm New !

Post by zhouston » Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:52 pm

I'm completely new here, so please excuse the naivety of my questions; I assume the vignette has to be summer themed? And does the baseplate count towards the 300 pieces?

thanks!

pumbaugh
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by pumbaugh » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:23 pm

Greetings everyone!

Vacation is over :( But that means the store Hoosier Brick is back open for business! Remember to mention the TnB contest to receive your discount! The order is good for all parts, not just the ones used for this contest! I will be adding inventory that I collected over my trip from various locations so check back daily for new inventory starting tomorrow!

Patrick
Hoosier Brick
http://www.bricklink.com/store.asp?p=pumbaugh" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Uno Brick
Citizen
Citizen

Post by Uno Brick » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:35 pm

Sounds like a fun contest! Thanks for hosting it, I'll be sure to enter.

I was wondering, would minor overhang(s) be permitted, for example a tree's leaves and branches or minifigure accessories? In these cases they would extend perhaps 1 or 2 studs over the base. Thanks in advance. :-)
Check out MOCs by Uno Brick at: http://www.mocpages.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and http://www.flickr.com/photos/65992150@N02/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; :-)

Brickbuilder0937
TnB Forum Moderator
TnB Forum Moderator

Post by Brickbuilder0937 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 3:41 am

Uno Brick wrote: I was wondering, would minor overhang(s) be permitted, for example a tree's leaves and branches or minifigure accessories? In these cases they would extend perhaps 1 or 2 studs over the base. Thanks in advance. :-)
As long as the majority of the vig is inside the 10x10 base a little overhang is fine.

cornbread
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by cornbread » Thu Aug 16, 2012 12:34 pm

*]Baseplate must be 10X10 (you can connect pieces to make a 10X10 plate)
Is that supposed to be 10x10 studs? For some reason I read that as 10x10 inches which is a 32x32 stud plate! I was thinking... how would you fit 300 pieces onto a 10stud plate, it must be 32x32! DOH!