20% OFF MSRP certain sets at Lego Store Ontario Mills, CA

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
byobu
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

20% OFF MSRP certain sets at Lego Store Ontario Mills, CA

Post by byobu » Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:23 pm

They're 20% OFF because the boxes are scuffed up or banged up.

There are wide varieties from Dino, City, LOTR, Ninjago, Starwars, Architecture, Winter Post Office etc etc.

See the photos for details.

Some of them are big $200 set such as the Tower Bridge, Imperial Shuttle, Robbie House etc.

See the pics for details.
IMG_1029.JPG
IMG_1030.JPG
IMG_1031.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

unclephn
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Re: 20% OFF MSRP certain sets at Lego Store Ontario Mills, C

Post by unclephn » Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:23 pm

Wow

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Sat Jun 23, 2012 7:25 pm

The Ontario in your thread title threw me off...thought it was Ontario the province. Disappointing...the only time I've seen any of the Canadian Lego stores do this was during the Boxing Day sales. They had the sets that were the ones that were suppose to go on sale on Boxing Day same as online, but then they also had some scruffed up sets at 20% off. Otherwise, never seen them do this with the two Toronto stores.

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:39 pm

Even though I live in California, that store always seems to far for me to go to. I wish the lego store at Valley Fair would at one point have this many damaged sets on discount...

zak001
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by zak001 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:30 am

I think Ontario Mills gets damaged sets from the warehouses / other stores. At least 2-3 times a year they put out a lot of these new sets; other times when you go there there's almost no discounted inventory. Sometimes damaged-box stuff like Death Star, SSD or the modulars are only marked down 10% despite being pretty trashed. (Though I've seen a fair number of trashed-box Death Stars elsewhere at no discount whatsoever, so there's that.)

warhev
I'm New !

Post by warhev » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:15 am

That's amazing! Heck, I've never even seen many of those sets in person at my closest Lego store (Washington Square, Tigard, OR.), let alone on a "damaged box" discount. Guess you must have the entire west coast's liquidation center! Great find! :up:

1brickshyofcrazy
Knight
Knight

Post by 1brickshyofcrazy » Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:07 pm

Anyone else visiting their local TLG B/M stores finding anything like this as well?
I haven't been to mine yet but like "UnknownUser" I feel the same - the local TLG B/M stores always seems to far for me to go to to just check it out unless I'm really looking at buying a set.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:31 pm

byobu wrote:They're 20% OFF because the boxes are scuffed up or banged up.

There are wide varieties from Dino, City, LOTR, Ninjago, Starwars, Architecture, Winter Post Office etc etc.

See the photos for details.

Some of them are big $200 set such as the Tower Bridge, Imperial Shuttle, Robbie House etc.

See the pics for details.
Did you get anything good? Every once in a while you can find some discontinued stuff. I'm an hour out, but it doesn't seem like there's anything I don't already have.

Thanks for sharing though!!

skiizim
I'm New !

Post by skiizim » Sun Jun 24, 2012 3:35 pm

You guys are drooling over 20% off? Factor tax in and depending what the price on Amazon is you can get it for basically the same price, even cheaper if Amazon has it on sale.

I used to buy a lot from this Lego Store when stuff was discounted very well and they do get damaged merchandise on a nearly a weekly basis, the only time the sale items are good deal are on TRU exclusives which are already overpriced. I remember when they used to have these sets at 30% off on a regular basis before they switched to 20% and 10% off. I bought a few Green Grocers at this store at 50% off just to show an example, and the boxes were flawless.

legodork
Peasant
Peasant

Post by legodork » Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:19 pm

skiizim wrote:You guys are drooling over 20% off? Factor tax in and depending what the price on Amazon is you can get it for basically the same price, even cheaper if Amazon has it on sale.

I used to buy a lot from this Lego Store when stuff was discounted very well and they do get damaged merchandise on a nearly a weekly basis, the only time the sale items are good deal are on TRU exclusives which are already overpriced. I remember when they used to have these sets at 30% off on a regular basis before they switched to 20% and 10% off. I bought a few Green Grocers at this store at 50% off just to show an example, and the boxes were flawless.

Goodness! For those us who missed out on GG, this like salt on a wound!

slacker
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by slacker » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:40 am

I think it depends on the store manager. I used to see deep discount for damaged box or discountinued sets. But not anymore. 10% by me is the norm.

crazybirdman
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by crazybirdman » Mon Jun 25, 2012 7:58 am

skiizim wrote:I used to buy a lot from this Lego Store when stuff was discounted very well and they do get damaged merchandise on a nearly a weekly basis, the only time the sale items are good deal are on TRU exclusives which are already overpriced. I remember when they used to have these sets at 30% off on a regular basis before they switched to 20% and 10% off. I bought a few Green Grocers at this store at 50% off just to show an example, and the boxes were flawless.
This is so true. The store used to have awesome discounts, and email notification when they got in damaged sets. 20% really isn't worth the drive. Maybe if there were other great outlet stores in that mall, but there isn't. I find that happens with most 'outlet' stores, they start out with great prices, then slowly turn into a regular store.

Gooker1
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by Gooker1 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:44 am

I heard about the days when it used to be 30% off and more. I usually make my way out just to see if they have discontinued items, which they do every once in a while. And those items are more than 20% off.

skiizim
I'm New !

Post by skiizim » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:31 pm

Gooker1 wrote:I heard about the days when it used to be 30% off and more. I usually make my way out just to see if they have discontinued items, which they do every once in a while. And those items are more than 20% off.

The good ol' days!!! Took me a while to find the pics!!! I think the Eiffel Tower was discounted 50% off too if memory serves me correct.

dho7622u
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by dho7622u » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:34 pm

Is that stack upon stack of Green Grocers?

Oy vey.

david

UnknownUser
Knight
Knight

Post by UnknownUser » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:19 pm

That reminds me of the day I got Green Grocer as my first modular building for $30 off...

Toronadian
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by Toronadian » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:34 am

skiizim wrote:
Gooker1 wrote:I heard about the days when it used to be 30% off and more. I usually make my way out just to see if they have discontinued items, which they do every once in a while. And those items are more than 20% off.

The good ol' days!!! Took me a while to find the pics!!! I think the Eiffel Tower was discounted 50% off too if memory serves me correct.

:shock: at those pics.

kwkw
Knight
Knight

Post by kwkw » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:51 pm

Just got back from there picked up a HP Diagon Alley (box was nearly perfect yet still 20% off) and a Tower bridge (box has seen better days). Lots of stuff still on 20% clearance. Tons of SW Republic Frigates, Tons of Red Cargo Train, 2 super star destroyers, 1 tower bridge left (box looked like it's been through a hurricane lol), tons of Rubie houses, lots Lotr Mines of Moria, a few Winter village post offices, 3 HP big Hogwarts, 4 HP Diagon alley, technic super car (the big red one retails $120) and 3 lego city mine. So go now before all the good stuff is gone. Btw they have a $5 off a $35 purchase coupon if you ask for it from a store employee :-D

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:59 pm

For the price that the GG is worth now, don't you think you should of have bought the entire stock? But those two pictures are a beautiful sight. I keep drooling over that the Eiffel Tower was at 50% off and all the other sets were heavily discounted. Guess it is hard to come by those deals nowadays.
Last edited by Legobrandon on Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Legobrandon
Count
Count

Post by Legobrandon » Tue Jun 26, 2012 4:00 pm

One question though, why do the damaged sets go to this specific location?