B&N 10% off new LEGO releases and coupon eligble

Share your LEGO Sales and LEGO Deals Finds here.
Forum rules
Please remember that Store Pricing topics should be placed in the "Retailer Discussions" Forum. If you find new LEGO products (and not on sale), please post in the "LEGO Availability" Forum.
Sinfanti
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Re: B&N 10% off new LEGO releases and coupon eligble

Post by Sinfanti » Sat Feb 04, 2012 5:21 pm

It has seemed like they forget to add the no coupons line when they add items to their inventory. It's not until they see people starting to use coupons on the Lego sets that they remember to exclude them. I bought the Falcon using a 30% coupon. They flagged and canceled my order and then added the no coupon line to the product page the next day. I spent a lot of time on the phone with them, but in the end I got my discounted Falcon delivered here to Taiwan. A sweet deal but I had to fight for it.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:44 pm

Kids club 30% doesn't seem to want to work on anything.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:02 pm

it seems like the same discussions keep coming back - moderators I suggest posting a sticky somewhere that any type of coupons do not apply to any lego from 2011 or earlier except bentley bust out....they forgot to exclude that one - though this has been posted before in this forum. As well the post should also state that kids club coupon are not working this time around for the 2012 sets.
Last edited by ricefields on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

r1chard
Knight
Knight

Post by r1chard » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:09 pm

I just ordered Droid Escape - 9490.
It comes with 10%-off then I used my (additional ) 30% coupon from email.
Total comes to 19.67, more like 30ish%-off CAD MSRP

I'm not a big SW fan, I only like the storm trooper.
Ones on this set looks cool.

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:50 pm

ytjedi wrote:It looks like the 2012 sets are back now, but the 10% off discount is gone.
Looks like they are back with their 10% off discount now. I just ordered TIE Fighter for $33.66 after tax with my mystery 30% off coupon (glad I waited on using it).

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:48 pm

r1chard wrote:I just ordered Droid Escape - 9490.
It comes with 10%-off then I used my (additional ) 30% coupon from email.
Total comes to 19.67, more like 30ish%-off CAD MSRP

I'm not a big SW fan, I only like the storm trooper.
Ones on this set looks cool.
you mean sand trooper ;-)

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Sun Feb 05, 2012 6:55 pm

sidersdd wrote:
ytjedi wrote:It looks like the 2012 sets are back now, but the 10% off discount is gone.
Looks like they are back with their 10% off discount now. I just ordered TIE Fighter for $33.66 after tax with my mystery 30% off coupon (glad I waited on using it).
only certain items have return with the 10% off - I did not check everything but forest police station, geonosian cannon are regular price without 10% off, for example. x wing, tie, and droid escape has the 10% off. I stopped reviewing after that.

JuristDoctor
I'm New !

Post by JuristDoctor » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:12 pm

I have a 30% Kids Club coupon expiring soon but can't find a single LEGO item that will let me use it. Anyone know of any?

sidersdd
Knight
Knight

Post by sidersdd » Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:32 pm

JuristDoctor wrote:I have a 30% Kids Club coupon expiring soon but can't find a single LEGO item that will let me use it. Anyone know of any?
Does it not work on the TIE Fighter? Some of the sets, like the TIE Fighter, don't appear to have verbiage about being excluded from coupons.

neomonkey
Noble Citizen
Noble Citizen

Post by neomonkey » Tue Feb 07, 2012 12:09 am

BN cancelled my Batcave order though all my other orders shipped. :sad:

ncbarrett
Retired Staff
Retired Staff

Post by ncbarrett » Tue Feb 07, 2012 8:07 am

got my x-wing yesterday, arrived in perfect condition.
Started building it.

so awesome to get it at such a great deal.
I have inoperable cancer and am unable to work. Any gifts would be appreciated. Thank you!

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:05 pm

sidersdd wrote:
JuristDoctor wrote:I have a 30% Kids Club coupon expiring soon but can't find a single LEGO item that will let me use it. Anyone know of any?
Does it not work on the TIE Fighter? Some of the sets, like the TIE Fighter, don't appear to have verbiage about being excluded from coupons.
Do you guys not read the previous posts in this same thread, on this same page?

JuristDoctor
I'm New !

Post by JuristDoctor » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:33 pm

Yes, I read all the posts of the entire thread. Many of the posts conflict with one another. I am a new B&N Kids Club member and they emailed me a 30% coupon code of any single "toy or book." After reading the thread (because, again, I DID read it) I tried the coupon on sets that some people indicated (in this very thread) DID WORK for them. Those did not seem to work for me. I tried the Tie Fighter (which seems to work for some) but it would not work. I then tried it on other toys and books. It would not work on anything i tried so I suppose there is some problem with the code. Thus, asking if anyone had recently had their code work doesn't seem to me to be at all out of order.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:51 pm

JuristDoctor wrote:Yes, I read all the posts of the entire thread. Many of the posts conflict with one another. I am a new B&N Kids Club member and they emailed me a 30% coupon code of any single "toy or book." After reading the thread (because, again, I DID read it) I tried the coupon on sets that some people indicated (in this very thread) DID WORK for them. Those did not seem to work for me. I tried the Tie Fighter (which seems to work for some) but it would not work. I then tried it on other toys and books. It would not work on anything i tried so I suppose there is some problem with the code. Thus, asking if anyone had recently had their code work doesn't seem to me to be at all out of order.
I believe you may be mixing up the coupon codes - the kids club coupon 30% code does not work on lego and yes there is something wrong if it does not work on other non-lego products with no exclusions - I would call BN to complain. All the codes that have been mentionned in this forum that do work on lego 2012 sets are from BN emails to members and non members that have a bn account and posted all over the internet (ranging from 10, 15, 20, 30 and %50 off). They have nothing to do with kids club and the 30% off coupon you received.

janckson
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by janckson » Tue Feb 07, 2012 5:05 pm

JuristDoctor wrote:Yes, I read all the posts of the entire thread. Many of the posts conflict with one another. I am a new B&N Kids Club member and they emailed me a 30% coupon code of any single "toy or book." After reading the thread (because, again, I DID read it) I tried the coupon on sets that some people indicated (in this very thread) DID WORK for them. Those did not seem to work for me. I tried the Tie Fighter (which seems to work for some) but it would not work. I then tried it on other toys and books. It would not work on anything i tried so I suppose there is some problem with the code. Thus, asking if anyone had recently had their code work doesn't seem to me to be at all out of order.
The 30% coupons people are having success with is not the Kids Club 30% coupon. As I've just learned a few posts above, Kids Club coupon won't work on Lego sets.

JuristDoctor
I'm New !

Post by JuristDoctor » Tue Feb 07, 2012 7:41 pm

Thanks, I will contact B&N because the code they sent will not work on any of the non-Lego items I hav tried.

popnfresh
Honored Citizen
Honored Citizen

Post by popnfresh » Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:49 pm

I just got mine, and the box was smushed, which isnt that big a deal, BUT it looks like lego has gone back to glue instead of the tape seals, and the glue has completely failed along one side of the box. :lol: You can see the row of glue dots that don't look like they ever adequately closed up the box.

ricefields
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by ricefields » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:06 am

popnfresh wrote:I just got mine, and the box was smushed, which isnt that big a deal, BUT it looks like lego has gone back to glue instead of the tape seals, and the glue has completely failed along one side of the box. :lol: You can see the row of glue dots that don't look like they ever adequately closed up the box.
Sorry, which set was this?

atmail35
Duke
Duke

Post by atmail35 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:16 am

If anyone has recently registered for the Kids Club and has a link to the printable 30% off coupon that expires later on in 2012, can you please post it? The old coupon thread only goes through 2/7/12, it would be nice if we could find another batch that might be good in-store.

Thanks!

sadowsk1
Royal Guardian
Royal Guardian

Post by sadowsk1 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 am

I'm thinking about pulling the trigger on the new x wing, after tax the discount is about 20% where I live. Any thoughts or opinions on whether I should get it now or how long it will be before I can get it any cheaper?